ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand on an April 26 first timer here. As it gets closer to possible time for a decision here’s my dumb question— do they work on weekends?

I don’t think that’s an option sadly. I think if you need to sign the document then you have to sign it in front of the notary so they see you sign it in person. Hopefully it’s not necessary to notarize as I’m paying cash for the purchases

All of my resales have been cash transactions. And I have never needed a notary. So I think you should be ok.

So I'm working with a realtor on an "accepted" offer. I'm in no hurry other than the normal impatience I have in day to day life. The offer took 2 days to be accepted and the paperwork still hasn't come through. I reached out and was told that the seller is a trust and they needed to contact Disney (that alone will add a week haha) to know how to word the paperwork so it doesn't get rejected. I recall seeing other posts on dealing with a trust as the seller. Should I run for the hills on this one?
The AKV contract that was taken earlier this month had a trust as a seller. I didn’t notice any difference in speed from the resale contract that we bought previously. I don’t know if it would have been slower on the closing side since we didn’t make it that far but we didn’t have any issues leading up to the contract being taken. I don’t know if that helps at all.

People are on drugs man. Aulani Subsidized for $155. Aulani Unsubsidized for $150. No wonder the market has stagnated.
I just saw an unsubsidized Aulani contract asking $194/pt. I had to double check my calendar that it wasn't April 1. It's a small, loaded 50 pointer, but at that point, I'd eat the ~$600 savings and just go direct.

Thanks all for your help. I could use the notary I used last time if I needed to but it was just a hassle making an appointment and her availability was always difficult so it just delayed the process. That’s why I was keen to fund these purchases with my own cash this time as I hoped that would avoid the notary!!
My recollection is that the buyer doesn’t have to use a notary when paying cash. We bought a resale contract back in 2020 and didn’t use a notary for that. We are also in the UK

Whew! Updated :cutie:

I keep getting bogged down in the interesting conversations flying around and want to join in, but then my time spent updating becomes a bottomless pit. Therefore, I need to ask everyone on this thread to stop being interesting and insightful, effective immediately. Thank you.

I keep getting bogged down in the interesting conversations flying around and want to join in, but then my time spent updating becomes a bottomless pit. Therefore, I need to ask everyone on this thread to stop being interesting and insightful, effective immediately. Thank you.
I haven't been interesting since 1985.

Seller pays MF even with the points all available in the current use year? I've got to up my offer game for the next one. I did underbid by a couple hundred and there were some 2021 points but I didn't have the courage to insist the sell pays the mf.
My current contract in ROFR I asked the seller to pay current and banked points, as well as Fidelity broker fee. No counter at all, accepted it right away. Feel pretty good about it passing.. but I shall not count my chickens. My home and new contract is BCV. Same UY, exact number of points I wanted too. Fingers crossed I will now have plenty of points for multiple Studios and a 1 bedroom per trip. So my kids can have their own space, I can have mine, and we can share meals, play games, and do laundry. And at 11 months for F&W, & F&GF

Seller pays MF even with the points all available in the current use year? I've got to up my offer game for the next one. I did underbid by a couple hundred and there were some 2021 points but I didn't have the courage to insist the sell pays the mf.
My current contract in ROFR I asked the seller to pay current and banked points, as well as Fidelity broker fee. No counter at all, accepted it right away. Feel pretty good about it passing.. but I shall not count my chickens. My home and new contract is BCV. Same UY, exact number of points I wanted too. Fingers crossed I will now have plenty of points for multiple Studios and a 1 bedroom per trip. So my kids can have their own space, I can have mine, and we can share meals, play games, and do laundry. And at 11 months for F&W, & F&GF
UPDATE: passed on our second BCV coctract.
Congratulations!! Welcome (to our shared) Home!!

Agree. Still doesn't explain why people would choose to buy VGF DIRECT at $201pp, when they can probably get it for $160pp on the current resale market. I'm with you that I wish the restrictions go away, but I don't think VGF outselling RIV 2-1 is a good indication that they will. I think Disney is ok selling Riviera at the current pace, while still making strong sales with cheap additions like VGF2 and Poly2.
You're exactly right. I was soooo close to pulling the trigger on a direct VGF add on. So close that my guide had the sales papers drawn up.
I was able to snag a 120 point VGF loaded contract with my same use year for $152 pp with seller paying maintence fees despite fully loaded. I couldn't justify buying direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter