ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was a email. I think it was from member services. There was a second email with fedex information that came at the same time. I did the the proceeds from the sale in my account yesterday (basically 8 days after they got paperwork), so it’s all done now.
Anybody know how long it takes to receive the wire after the docs are sent back to DVC?
FedEx delivered my ROFR docs to DVC on Wednesday. Today is the re-scheduled settlement date on the paperwork but the paperwork also said it could take 2-3 weeks for processing.

Any ideas?

Wait, so this brings up an interesting thought. If Disney is not paying dues on the points they hold, does that mean that those dues are transferred to existing owners for the upkeep of the property?

In other words, the more points Disney holds of a certain resort for cash stays, the more the existing owners have to pick up the slack of the missing dues, and that leads to higher dues. No?

Am I missing something here?

In exchange for giving owners a guarantee that the estimated amount for operational costs can’t rise, they don’t have to pay that aspect of dues.

So in theory, yes. But if there is a shortfall, they have to cover it. Without such guarantee, they could pass all additional costs to us each year.

In exchange for giving owners a guarantee that the estimated amount for operational costs can’t rise, they don’t have to pay that aspect of dues.

So in theory, yes. But if there is a shortfall, they have to cover it. Without such guarantee, they could pass all additional costs to us each year.
This makes perfect sense since much of MF costs seem to be tied to positions and those people are Disney employees they must pay regardless of how much revenue they get from member fees.

Can anyone help me please? Do I need to get paperwork notarized when purchasing a resale contract?

I know I did last time I purchased resale but that was a few years ago and also I was financing the purchase with Monera so I’m not sure if the notarizing was for the purchase or for the financing!

I’m in the UK and finding a notary is much more difficult and expensive than in the US so I was hoping that because I was paying for these resale purchases with my own cash in the bank and not financing that I wouldn’t need to get anything notarized??

Can anyone help me please? Do I need to get paperwork notarized when purchasing a resale contract?

I know I did last time I purchased resale but that was a few years ago and also I was financing the purchase with Monera so I’m not sure if the notarizing was for the purchase or for the financing!

I’m in the UK and finding a notary is much more difficult and expensive than in the US so I was hoping that because I was paying for these resale purchases with my own cash in the bank and not financing that I wouldn’t need to get anything notarized??

I’d don’t think you do unless it’s Aulani or you need it in relation to financing.

If it isn’t Aulani and your are paying cash then all you need to do is sign the papers and return them.

If at some point you need to sell, buy Aulani or finance a new DVC purchase then instead of a US notary use an local notary and then get a apostille. That’s what I did when I sold a contract and the total cost was less then $50.

We purchased Aulani resale cash and did not need to notarize our closing documents. We are US residents, and I'm not sure about the requirements for UK residents.

We purchased Aulani resale cash and did not need to notarize our closing documents. We are US residents, and I'm not sure about the requirements for UK residents.
Hmmm. Every Aulani resale contract I’ve purchased, cash as well, has required me to notorize closing documents. I’m a US resident as well.

Hmmm. Every Aulani resale contract I’ve purchased, cash as well, has required me to notorize closing documents. I’m a US resident as well.
That tracks, you seem a bit dodgy 😆😉

We've only purchased one of our contracts cash, Aulani, and our most recent, so I don't have much experience with it being common or uncommon to have closing docs notarized as a buyer paying cash. Our title agent for that transaction was Karen with Hayes Title. The sellers/"Grantors" however were required to have their closing documents notarized.

That tracks, you seem a bit dodgy 😆😉

We've only purchased one of our contracts cash, Aulani, and our most recent, so I don't have much experience with it being common or uncommon to have closing docs notarized as a buyer paying cash. Our title agent for that transaction was Karen with Hayes Title. The sellers/"Grantors" however were required to have their closing documents notarized.
Yes, dodgy and not to be trusted! 😁

Thanks all for your help. I could use the notary I used last time if I needed to but it was just a hassle making an appointment and her availability was always difficult so it just delayed the process. That’s why I was keen to fund these purchases with my own cash this time as I hoped that would avoid the notary!!

Lol VGF outselling RIV 2-to-1.

Bye, bye resale restrictions (and hello Poly 2 being an expansion of PVB rather than its own association).

And it warms my heart that they only sold 3 BCV contracts.

YES, Warms my heart too as I am adding on to my current ownership of BCV points.. whoop whoop!!! Toes in the sand, Filet for dinner, walking to multiple restaurants at Epcot, our own private water park, and the No Way Jose!!!

Thanks all for your help. I could use the notary I used last time if I needed to but it was just a hassle making an appointment and her availability was always difficult so it just delayed the process. That’s why I was keen to fund these purchases with my own cash this time as I hoped that would avoid the notary!!
Can you use an online notary?

So I'm working with a realtor on an "accepted" offer. I'm in no hurry other than the normal impatience I have in day to day life. The offer took 2 days to be accepted and the paperwork still hasn't come through. I reached out and was told that the seller is a trust and they needed to contact Disney (that alone will add a week haha) to know how to word the paperwork so it doesn't get rejected. I recall seeing other posts on dealing with a trust as the seller. Should I run for the hills on this one?

So I'm working with a realtor on an "accepted" offer. I'm in no hurry other than the normal impatience I have in day to day life. The offer took 2 days to be accepted and the paperwork still hasn't come through. I reached out and was told that the seller is a trust and they needed to contact Disney (that alone will add a week haha) to know how to word the paperwork so it doesn't get rejected. I recall seeing other posts on dealing with a trust as the seller. Should I run for the hills on this one?
If it's a good deal I'd keep it. I went through a trust on my first resale offer and the paperwork actually seemed about the same speed as my non-Trust resale contracts. Had I known it was a trust I might have offered closer to the price that was passing ROFR rather than $15/pt under because they just accepted rather than countered and Disney took it in ROFR.

Can you use an online notary?
I don’t think that’s an option sadly. I think if you need to sign the document then you have to sign it in front of the notary so they see you sign it in person. Hopefully it’s not necessary to notarize as I’m paying cash for the purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter