ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas - 2 June BLT contracts, 200 pts, $124, stripped until 2019 just added on DVC Sales website...I know you like a deal!

The only ones I see are $139. Am I missing something? I'm keeping an eye out for a 200 point BLT contract for someone. Thank goodness it's not me. :)

I wonder if the recent hikes in price combined with needing 75 points to get perks now has resulted in Disney seeing a lot of demand for the "cheaper" point resorts as folks want to get 75pts direct as cheaply as possible?

Possibly, but I know for a fact that they have a ton of March SSR inventory and no WL right now. Something else is at play here that we can't see yet.

The only ones I see are $139. Am I missing something? I'm keeping an eye out for a 200 point BLT contract for someone. Thank goodness it's not me. :)

https://dvcsales.com/ has 2x 200pt contracts listed for $124pp. They are "pending verification" right now. I can't imagine they will last long. This is who I worked with on my SSR that was taken. I really liked them.

https://dvcsales.com/ has 2x 200pt contracts listed for $124pp. They are "pending verification" right now. I can't imagine they will last long. This is who I worked with on my SSR that was taken. I really liked them.

I see them but the Cost per Point I see is $139.

Screen Shot.jpg
zDjm20

Last edited:
Possibly, but I know for a fact that they have a ton of March SSR inventory and no WL right now. Something else is at play here that we can't see yet.

Husband was speculating that maybe they were planning significant upgrades to AK and SSR, so were trying to buy back points so then they can sell them higher with the improvements and make a decent profit. Not sure I buy that though - as it takes years to get significant construction done, and you miss on people using those points to actually visit and spend their $$ in the interim. Plus they just sold us our AK a couple months ago, so not sure they're holding it either. (And now feel guilty wondering who got ROFRed for our contract.....)

Husband was speculating that maybe they were planning significant upgrades to AK and SSR, so were trying to buy back points so then they can sell them higher with the improvements and make a decent profit. Not sure I buy that though - as it takes years to get significant construction done, and you miss on people using those points to actually visit and spend their $$ in the interim. Plus they just sold us our AK a couple months ago, so not sure they're holding it either. (And now feel guilty wondering who got ROFRed for our contract.....)

AKL just had a rehab not long ago, so doubtful on that spec.

That's weird. It was $124pp this morning for both. Maybe they read this thread and increased their price?!? Or maybe it was just a mistake.

It's not a mistake. They got so much interest that sellers raised their price! I called to inquire yesterday since it's likely our AKV will be taken, and it's such a good price and we don't have plans to go anytime soon.

I wonder if the recent hikes in price combined with needing 75 points to get perks now has resulted in Disney seeing a lot of demand for the "cheaper" point resorts as folks want to get 75pts direct as cheaply as possible?

Not sure that is the case as they have lots of points available for purchase already. One theory people speculate is OTU bonus points with new purchases

That did change from earlier today! Could have been a mistake! They still have quite an assortment of BLT - small contracts with lost of points. I am surprised some of them are not gone.

I also worked with them on WL and had a great experience!

It's not a mistake. They got so much interest that sellers raised their price! I called to inquire yesterday since it's likely our AKV will be taken, and it's such a good price and we don't have plans to go anytime soon.

Wow! Crazy times! Glad to know that I can sell my BLT stripped for a year in the $120’s with absolutely no issues if I need to!

BLT is a great resort, but $139pp for a stripped contract isn’t exactly a good price. That’s too high IMO. Those types of contracts are a dime a dozen right now. You didn’t say you were looking to bid on it with the price increase, but those should still be in the high $120’s. $124pp was a good deal, but anything over $130pp is too high for those IMO. The market will give us an answer soon enough to see if I’m right or wrong. There are still deals to be had by buyers with good money to be made by sellers at BLT if you are patient. :)

Last edited:
I just saw it 20 minutes ago still there! Wow.. I’m sure it generated a lot of interest

Yeah... I’ve been keeping my eye on Poly although hubby says we’re done. Doesn’t seem like they are taking Poly from what we see right? Which confuses me.. with the price increase to $220 direct id think they’d be buying points up bc of the big margin. Unless purchases have stopped due to the increase?? Wonder what the lowest is that could sneak through

Well, I just had $139/pp 150 points sent to ROFR a week ago, so I'll let you know!

You would think Disney would buy back something they could flip for $81/pp in a heartbeat, but it was almost completely stripped of 2018 points. It's weird to me they're not buying it back, as my guide said recently there's a mile-long waitlist for Poly.

BLT is a great resort, but $139pp for a stripped contract isn’t exactly a good price. That’s too high IMO. Those types of contracts are a dime a dozen right now. You didn’t say you were looking to bid on it with the price increase, but those should still be in the high $120’s. $124pp was a good deal, but anything over $130pp is too high for those IMO. The market will give us an answer soon enough to see if I’m right or wrong. There are still deals to be had by buyers with good money to be made by sellers at BLT if you are patient. :)

Oh yeah, there's no way I could justify $139pp for a stripped contract, but I was definitely very interested at $124pp but the sellers were no longer interested in selling at that price point and would not entertain offers (according to the agent). I guess we'll see if it sits or someone's willing to pay.

But on that thought, I wonder if anyone offers over asking? If they listed at $124 and wouldn't entertain that offer, were they expecting someone to just offer over asking?

I'm also interested in finding out what the difference is when buying from an international seller.

Meant to answer this earlier. I bought my first contract from a Canadian seller, there were no issues. The big thing is make sure the title company will withhold the FIRPTA tax from the foreign seller. If they don't the IRS will come after you to collect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter