ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about that, when they sell a contract they give previous year plus current year points. Does that hold true for the sales of old resorts? If So they should have no interest in most contacts that don't come fully loaded unless they plan to hold them for a year or two while the points reset since they can't create points.

With the seeming randomness of whats taken, I've gotta believe it has as much to do with the buyer as it does the contract. I'd really love to know more details about the people who had theirs taken... Were they big or small Disney spenders? Had they done Disney disney vacations recently? Etc... pairing that with the contract info may make some of this make sense
It's something to be seen. Perhaps you could start another thread with this, Supplanter.

I should have been more specific....studios are the hardest to get last minute. You would probably be stuck with having to book a larger room, or having to book studios at different resorts on different days which can be a PITA. Are you sure the points expire 9/1...ie. were they banked from a previous year? If they are 2015 points and the Use year is september the current owner should still be able to bank the points to next year.
Yes I am positive they expire 09/01/2016, unfortunately. I figured studio rooms would be hard to get since they are the lowest point value. I tried reading through some threads about booking last minute, seems like it can be very hit-or-miss. Some suggested that August might be an easier time than others since the point values are so high that time of the year....decisions, decisions. I am certainly not interested in paying for points I can't use.

We just signed a contract on 4/7. I have a question for you all...based on the timeframe to actually transfer membership, how likely is it we can book before the points expire? We'll be getting 100 points that expire on 9/1. Closing is suppose to be on or around June 1...

Hello
Would this contract happen to have 200 points coming 2016 as well? Bc we were looking at a contract that had 100 extra points that had to be used by 9/1

Hi All
These are high stakes times, we are in nail biting mode with the rest of you:

bristowe-$98-$15,095-140-BWV-SEP-140/16, 140/17, 140/18, sent 3/23

If rofr passes, we want to book ANY DVC property in August or October 2016, and our home resort for may 2017. Only bc we have southwest tix that we need to us by mid-nov 2016 that are already paid for. Of course ROFR is quite the hurdle ... so we continue to distract ourselves day by day!

Hope we are apart of the official dvc forums in the near future :)

Hi All

If rofr passes, we want to book ANY DVC property in August or October 2016, and our home resort for may 2017. Only bc we have southwest tix that we need to us by mid-nov 2016 that are already paid for. Of course ROFR is quite the hurdle ... so we continue to distract ourselves day by day!

Good luck, bristowe!

I honestly think they run predictions based on who is trying to buy points from disney vs the resale buyer and which scenario would add more revenue to disney. They spent a billion dollars on magic pass and their backend systems not to improve ride wait times, but to make very accurate predictions about how to maximize revenues and profits. I find it hard to believe that Disney would leave something like this up to the random whims of some low level employee.

All big corporations are collecting data like this, and there is a burgeoning field known as "big data"...if I had a college age child I would encourage them to look into this as a career as it is a field that will rapidly grow, as it will allow corporations to make eerily accurate predictions about the future.

My resale was submitted 3/13. Shortly thereafter, I found this forum, and saw all of the BLT that had been taken back the month prior. I already have VGF hat I purchased 2 years ago. I decided that Disney was probably going to take back my BLT resale, so I called Disney and started talking about buying Poly. As you've al said-they had all of my info when I called, they know all of our names, and info. Imagine my shock-my resale passed on 4/6 at a really good price.

Hello
Would this contract happen to have 200 points coming 2016 as well? Bc we were looking at a contract that had 100 extra points that had to be used by 9/1
If everything goes smooth, you'll have your member number mid June. Trying to book 2 months out is gonna be extremely limited but something ought to be available if you're not picky

Hmmm thanks for the input, I am expected to pay for those costs. I wonder if I should back out of the offer over this, the contract says I can do that within 10 days without penalty. I am OK with slim pickings, as long as we can find a Deluxe studio somewhere...dont really care where. Not for this trip at least...

Things would vary a bit based upon the entire deal but they really are having you pay the MF's on expiring points? My thought on expiring points is that they have zero value. If you end up being able to use them it's a bonus but there are too many variables where you might not end up being able to do that - so, no value. It's really very unusual for a resale to expect you to pay MF's for expiring.

I was at day 10 of my contract yesterday. Contract was sent to ROFR March 28. Cancelled my contract due to all the confusion (did the safe thing as I could always get another contract in the future) and today Disney changes the rules back...... Unbelievable.
I am so sorry :(.

I'm a 2012 member adding on, but with all of the "news" recently I've struggled whether to go through. I think we're going ahead, with the general belief that long-term value proposition is basically the same. So, here it is:

colonialmouse---$110-$39799-340-BLT-SEP-0/15, 273/16, 340/17, Seller pays MF for 67 '16 points, sent 4/4

Bruce
Good luck :)!

Axelskater --- $127-$17965-130-VGF-SEP- 40/14, 1/15, 130/16, 130/17 - Seller pays '14, '15 MF - sent 4/8.
I made the offer while staying at VGF this past week. This will be my third contract and I'm hoping the madness stops soon!
Ha! The madness will never stop :smooth:. Best of luck- that is a great price for VGF!!!

Raul---$85-$12750-150-AKV-JUN-300/16, 150/17, 150/18,- sent 3/30
Best of luck :)!

However, I need your correct total in order to add you, if you could please repost everything with the right total?

Last edited:
Here goes nothing.....this will be (if we pass) our second contract. We offered $78 with all points from 2015 available and all 2016 pts coming in August and all 2017 pts intact. Seller agreed to pay MF"s AND Closing. Sellers paid all dues and closing on my first contract a year and a half ago too. May be tempting fate this time though, especially since we got our contract into ROFR prior to the cut off for the grandfathering. Not sure Disney will let this one go through. Especially since all 2015 pts are there. They can just snatch it up and sell it as an extended OKW. Here's hoping for some pixie dust again :worship:. If they stick to the 30 days and don't go over I have 13 days left until I find out.

r5moores-$78-$16380-210-OKW-AUG-210/15, 210/16, 210/17-sent 3/24
I have fingers, toes, and ears crossed for you :smickey:

Whoops, just realized you didn't do the total correctly. Please repost with everything that should be rolled in and I'll add you :)!

Reading the lasts threads it seems Disney is not taken any AKV contract...
No, I think in the past few years, out of probably thousands of AKV, they've bought back under 10 or something. It's generally the safe bet ;).

Hi All

Best of luck! August is MUCH more likely to have something left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter