ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of this post and contract details sound much like a contract I bid on and seller agreed to on Wed. Can I ask what broker you used or if someone contacted you based on your post? Seller suddenly backed out and said they were going to pull off the market, and we are wondering what happened. I don't post on this particular board normally but was hoping to post the exact line you had above yesterday, including all numbers.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, I just came on here to check recent rofr numbers now that I had to look at other contracts, and couldn't believe what I saw.
I'm curious which company this was also. Because I had a similar experience with a broker and seller about a month ago. The seller was apparently having "life issues" according to the broker after I submitted an offer on a contract. Long story short I ended up removing my offer. The seller never counter offered but wanted more money according to the broker (in so many words). I was told the seller needed a week or two to round up money and then could see if my offer would work. That was too long for me and everything seemed shady so I told them I was removing my offer. A couple days later the listing was no longer there. Not sure what happened, if they sold or removed their listing. This was through DVC Sales. The whole experience was weird. I got the impression the broker didn't want to outright have my offer declined, but my offer wasn't accepted either. Annoying because it was such a waste of time.

Nolanboys---$90-$14032-140-AKV-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 280/17, 140/18- sent 5/6, passed 5/20

Just got news that ours passed today. It was a very quick two weeks! Paid a premium for our UY, which can be more difficult to come by, but very happy with our loaded contract. Disney just took a couple back right about where we paid. We were fairly confident, but happy when it all went through because we had been searching for a couple of months. Finally added on after being members for 8 years.

I'm curious which company this was also. Because I had a similar experience with a broker and seller about a month ago. The seller was apparently having "life issues" according to the broker after I submitted an offer on a contract. Long story short I ended up removing my offer. The seller never counter offered but wanted more money according to the broker (in so many words). I was told the seller needed a week or two to round up money and then could see if my offer would work. That was too long for me and everything seemed shady so I told them I was removing my offer. A couple days later the listing was no longer there. Not sure what happened, if they sold or removed their listing. This was through DVC Sales. The whole experience was weird. I got the impression the broker didn't want to outright have my offer declined, but my offer wasn't accepted either. Annoying because it was such a waste of time.
I was not going through DVC Sales, and I actually managed to miss that one when searching through all the brokers for contracts since my search terms were "dvc resale" to find companies and it was lower on the list than MouseSavers and dups of other sites. It is possible that the contract was listed there as well previously but I had no contact with them. I won't mention the broker's name here since I have no suspicion of wrongdoing by them, but hopefully princessbride6205 can shed some light on the timeline. I'm happy that she found a contract the will work for her, but both of us should at least know how it went down.

Nolanboys---$90-$14032-140-AKV-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 280/17, 140/18- sent 5/6, passed 5/20

Just got news that ours passed today. It was a very quick two weeks! Paid a premium for our UY, which can be more difficult to come by, but very happy with our loaded contract. Disney just took a couple back right about where we paid. We were fairly confident, but happy when it all went through because we had been searching for a couple of months. Finally added on after being members for 8 years.
Congrats! :bounce:

So sad. Just got word that my contract was taken.

jamie3631-$79-$3,950-50-OKW-Jun-50/16, 50/17, 50/18. Sent 5/3 taken 5/17
So sorry to hear that! My contract is going to be sent early next week for OKW and my price was much less. It is a March UY though..so hopefully that's my saving grace. Good news is that now you can go DVC shopping again

RickL---$83-$19129-210-BRV@WL-Apr-0/16, 182/17, 210/18, 210/19- sent 5/2, passed 5/18

Hi everyone, after 20 years of debating about purchasing I finally made the plunge. The offer was accepted which is fantastic but now I am having major FOBO about whether I should have went with BCV instead of BRV. I went with BRV because we have had some amazing visits at Christmas but now I'm thinking of the great times we had at the Beach Club pool... I'm sure many people have seconded guessed themselves. Oh well, at least I am finally close to being a member somewhere.
Welcome home! You got a nice deal there, don't be bummed. It doesn't mean you can never stay at BCV again, just be up bright and early on the am of the 7 mo window!

Does anyone think that with all the members buying resale and being discriminated by not giving them the same benefits as all other members prior to April 2016. Would it be cause for a class action law suite? I understand that it is a benefit and it can be taken away at anytime. But, it should be an equal benefit. Does it seem fair to an individual that purchased April 4th, 2016, than and individual that purchased April 5th. 2016. If you ask me I think a class action suite is in order!

And I know what some people are going to say "Well you knew you weren't going to get the incidentals benefits when you purchased" Yes I know! But it's the matter of principle! Plus we are not supposed to be living in an age of segregation. A membership is a membership no matter what! We all have ownership rights and soon more will be without benefits than those with the benefits. If there are any attorneys out there listening???

Last edited:
"principle", not principal. I sue people who use the wrong word forms. :P

Probably cheaper to buy a 25 point contract though. Just my $.02. Less time in court and more time poolside at SAB :D

If only principle was the sole grammar error in that post. :stir:

Does anyone think that with all the members buying resale and being discriminated by not giving them the same benefits as all other members prior to April 2016. Would it be cause for a class action law suite? I understand that it is a benefit and it can be taken away at anytime. But, it should be an equal benefit. Does it seem fair to an individual that purchased April 4th, 2016, than and individual that purchased April 5th. 2016. If you ask me I think a class action suite is in order!

And I know what some people are going to say "Well you knew you weren't going to get the incidentals benefits when you purchased" Yes I know! But it's the matter of principal! Plus we are not supposed to be living in an age of segregation. A membership is a membership no matter what! We all have ownership rights and soon more will be without benefits than those with the benefits. If their are any attorneys out there listening???

I am an attorney -- and I can't think of any cause of action that would be legitimate.

And as a matter of principle, it is suit - not suite.

Offer was on 210 HHI Aug UY with no points until 2018. Listed at $65 . And has been listed for a while. We offered $57 with thoughts of finalizing around $59-60. Upthread, someone passed with smaller loaded HHI contract at $60 so, really, paying more than $59 for stripped larger contract is silly. Anyway, sellers replied that they are holding out for full price offer. So back to the drawing board.

Yup I totally agree! We offered $55 on a stripped and the seller never got back to us. The broker told us about the contract we bought 200 banked 16 points so it's loaded and they wanted $64 ppp. We offered $58 with them paying 17 fees and they came back with $60 with us paying 17 fees. So we were happy! Good luck on your next one!

Not sure I posted this correctly earlier:

Spartan 86---$73.58-$21535-282-SSR-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 282/18, 282/19- sent 5/2, passed 5/16
You did it perfectly both times :)

Our beloved leader @pangyal is on vacation until after Victoria & Albert's day, but she'll update everything when she gets back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter