• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock n roller coaster single rider line

SarahMynah

Earning My Ears
Is it normal for the single rider line on rock n roller coaster to take longer than the standby line? The posted standby time was 70 minutes so we went single rider and waited 80 minutes. Watched a guy who got in the standby line at the same time ride 40 minutes before we did. I asked a worker afterward if that was normal and he said yes. Is this true in your experience? It seems like if the wait time is commonly longer than standby AND you have to separate from your party, there's no advantage to single rider. Expedition Everest definitely does it better.

Wow! I do not think I have ever been in a single rider line that was longer than the standby. Usually it is about half the time. That is a bummer!

I have seen multiple people use the single rider line n they are with others 2 or more together that makes me mad especially when I ride it myself and I deserve to be considered a single rider

I have always had good luck as a single rider on RNR. A lot of it depends on the CM doing the loading. CM Sarah does an AMAZING job at getting the cars filled quickly. It also depends on how many groups of odd numbers are in the stand by line. I also believe that they inflate the single rider line wait time to discourage people from filling it up.

I have always had good luck as a single rider on RNR. A lot of it depends on the CM doing the loading. CM Sarah does an AMAZING job at getting the cars filled quickly. It also depends on how many groups of odd numbers are in the stand by line. I also believe that they inflate the single rider line wait time to discourage people from filling it up.
I wondered if it had to do with the cast member. The person running it today was only adding single riders to parties of 5. If a group of 3 came up she'd ask for another group of 3 to fill the car. This is the first trip we've utilized single rider lines so I wasn't sure what to expect. Amazing for Everest though! We rode 6 times in an hour.

I wondered if it had to do with the cast member. The person running it today was only adding single riders to parties of 5. If a group of 3 came up she'd ask for another group of 3 to fill the car. This is the first trip we've utilized single rider lines so I wasn't sure what to expect. Amazing for Everest though! We rode 6 times in an hour.
Yet both rides are 2 across seating, so that's not the explanation. RnRC seems to regularly move slowly, while I have very good luck at ExE. It most be something in the handbooks for the two attractions that are different. (So I stopped using it at RnRC except in the first 30 minutes or so of park opening.)

I have seen multiple people use the single rider line n they are with others 2 or more together that makes me mad especially when I ride it myself and I deserve to be considered a single rider

The single rider lines are used to fill seats that would otherwise be empty. This improves overall throughput. People going through the ride in the regular line as a group will be grouped together on the ride and if there is an odd number, one seat will remain empty. This is where a person from the single rider line gets plugged in.

A person can go through the normal line by themselves which may be worth doing on Expedition Everest if the person doesn't want to bypass the themed queue. It doesn't make much difference on RnRC; just a few items are missed by using the single-rider line.

The single-rider line is not restricted to people who are touring the ride alone.

Last edited:
It makes no sense but RnRc's single rider line is notoriously slow while the one at Everest usually moves much faster.I don't get it both rides are two across coasters but the wait on one is usually much worse than the other,maybe it has to do with the pre show on RnRc but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Seems like it takes forever for a group consisting of an odd number of people to show up when waiting in RnRC single-rider line. I doubt a higher percentage of odd numbered groups go through Expedition Everest (EE) unless there is some quirk where more people opt out of riding EE and more groups of people are even-numbered to start with.

I've done single rider lines in both and the CM's appeared to be following the same process. It could be that the single rider line entrance is better marked at RnRC so it is just a matter of more people using it than at EE so the line takes longer.

Why would it make you mad? It's not like thegroups of people getting in the single rider ride are asking to ride together. My family and I use the single rider lines all the time because we are all adults and don't mind being separated to actually ride the ride. We're not taking seats away from anyone else by doing this.

But to answer the OP's question, that has never been the case with us so that's unfortunate that it happened to you. :( We've had a few times at RNRC where the single rider wait went slow, but it has never been extreme and I don't think we waited longer than we would have in standby.

A tip I learned on these boards was this: If the SR line wraps up and down the ramp under the overhang, it is most likely not worth getting in. If it is just down one ramp, it generally moves faster. This tip has worked for us most times, although wait times for us during very busy weeks in SR have often been 25-40 mins. (But still shorter than SB).

Yes..it's not uncommon at all for RnR single rider line to take just as long if not longer than standby.

It is by far the worst single rider line at Disney (only 2 others) and usually not recommended at all

That has been our experience.

It makes no sense but RnRc's single rider line is notoriously slow while the one at Everest usually moves much faster.I don't get it both rides are two across coasters but the wait on one is usually much worse than the other,maybe it has to do with the pre show on RnRc but it still doesn't make sense to me.
Yep, I've said the same thing everytime this subject comes up. It makes no sense for EE to have a very short, very fast moving single rider line and for RnR to have a very long and slow moving single rider line. Both are 2 seater coasters and one wouldn't have a lower percentage of odd number of riders. The Pre-Show couldn't be a factor either. Either they have single seats or they don't, a preshow doesn't alter that.

I've been in RnR single rider line when I breezed through without much wait....and I've been there when I thought I might spend the day waiting for this one ride. A lot depends on how many "odd-numbered" groups are in the regular line. Usually I don't have a problem, but...PPs are right...sometimes, it's just not worth the wait.

But to answer the OP's question, that has never been the case with us so that's unfortunate that it happened to you. :( We've had a few times at RNRC where the single rider wait went slow, but it has never been extreme and I don't think we waited longer than we would have in standby.
Unfortunately it's not that abnormal at RnR. They even have regular announcements while in line that the Single Rider line may take as long, or longer, than stand by. I believe there is also a sign posted too.

I almost always do single rider on RnRC and it doesn't usually take more than 15 minutes - BUT, I won't get on the line at all if the standby wait is listed at more than 45 minutes. As someone said, the longer the standby line gets, the more people decide to split up and do single rider - until it reaches a critical mass and no longer offers an advantage.

I think the fact that the single rider line on EE is off to the side and not as visible keeps the number of people who know about it down... just my theory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter