Rock n roller coaster single rider line

Also remember that the Studios is a tiered FastPass system. So, if you are, like my husband and I, just two riders and want to do Toy Story Mania and he can brag to me how much he beat me by, we FastPass that attraction so we can NOT FastPass Rock N Roller Coaster. As two people, we will look at the single riders line and see if it's worth our time. If we think we can get in without that much of a wait, we will. So yes, groups (even of two) will do single riders because of the tiering system.

I wondered if it had to do with the cast member. The person running it today was only adding single riders to parties of 5. If a group of 3 came up she'd ask for another group of 3 to fill the car. This is the first trip we've utilized single rider lines so I wasn't sure what to expect. Amazing for Everest though! We rode 6 times in an hour.

I agree with this. Once I waited longer than the posted standby time. It seemed like the CM wasn't doing it right.

I almost always do single rider on RnRC and it doesn't usually take more than 15 minutes - BUT, I won't get on the line at all if the standby wait is listed at more than 45 minutes. As someone said, the longer the standby line gets, the more people decide to split up and do single rider - until it reaches a critical mass and no longer offers an advantage.
That's good advice - thanks!

Also remember that the Studios is a tiered FastPass system. So, if you are, like my husband and I, just two riders and want to do Toy Story Mania and he can brag to me how much he beat me by, we FastPass that attraction so we can NOT FastPass Rock N Roller Coaster. As two people, we will look at the single riders line and see if it's worth our time. If we think we can get in without that much of a wait, we will. So yes, groups (even of two) will do single riders because of the tiering system.
I never thought about that but it makes sense that more people would go single rider if they don't have fast passes.

I tried using it once. Waited about 45 minutes. The line just never moved. When I finally got past the preshow, they actually were just putting people from the single rider line into groups of two to get into line. I've never heard anyone say that before, and I was shocked when they stopped the standby line to get the single riders on.

Unfortunately it's not that abnormal at RnR. They even have regular announcements while in line that the Single Rider line may take as long, or longer, than stand by. I believe there is also a sign posted too.

I remember seeing the sign, and the first two times we used single rider at RnR I didn't believe it. But the third time...wow. We were already in the SR line for about 10 minutes when I noticed a guy with an bright electric green shirt enter the standby line. After the pre-show, he passed us and rode at least 5 minutes before us.

On the bright side, I got to ride in the first row that time. A lone woman who used FP or standby requested the first row and since I was next in SR, I got to ride with her.

But even before tiers, or even before FP+, SR at RnR was often glacially slow.

I never could comprehend the difference between RnR and EE single rider lines. Even when EE has a longish SR line, it moves quickly.

I almost always do single rider on RnRC and it doesn't usually take more than 15 minutes - BUT, I won't get on the line at all if the standby wait is listed at more than 45 minutes. As someone said, the longer the standby line gets, the more people decide to split up and do single rider - until it reaches a critical mass and no longer offers an advantage.
I agree

Is it normal for the single rider line on rock n roller coaster to take longer than the standby line? The posted standby time was 70 minutes so we went single rider and waited 80 minutes. Watched a guy who got in the standby line at the same time ride 40 minutes before we did. I asked a worker afterward if that was normal and he said yes. Is this true in your experience? It seems like if the wait time is commonly longer than standby AND you have to separate from your party, there's no advantage to single rider. Expedition Everest definitely does it better.

There's your problem right there. "We went single rider line." There's no advantage to the true single rider when groups get in the line trying to take advantage of single rider as a group.

I don't see a problem with a group getting in single rider line together so long as they understand sitting together may not occur when the ride comes.

Fine, but you're not using the line for its intended purpose. That being the case, don't come here and complain about it because it didn't work out for you. It's like buying the dining plan for the convenience and then complaining that you didn't save money but all you ate were quick service salads.

Fine, but you're not using the line for its intended purpose. That being the case, don't come here and complain about it because it didn't work out for you. It's like buying the dining plan for the convenience and then complaining that you didn't save money but all you ate were quick service salads.
Hmm can you point me to the verbage Disney uses that says "no more than one person in your traveling party can be in line in a Single Rider Line"?

TP, often mentioned here on the boards, even has the following information:
upload_2017-2-25_22-51-31.png
When speaking in regards to TT they have the following:
upload_2017-2-25_22-54-14.png

I'm not finding information on Disney's website regarding policy on Single Rider either.

I'll be honest I've got no idea why in the world you are quoting me :confused3 and then furthermore telling me to not come here and complain about it because it didn't work out for me considering I only said: upload_2017-2-25_22-55-49.png

Hmm can you point me to the verbage Disney uses that says "no more than one person in your traveling party can be in line in a Single Rider Line"?

TP, often mentioned here on the boards, even has the following information:
View attachment 222334
When speaking in regards to TT they have the following:
View attachment 222335

I'm not finding information on Disney's website regarding policy on Single Rider either.

I'll be honest I've got no idea why in the world you are quoting me :confused3 and then furthermore telling me to not come here and complain about it because it didn't work out for me considering I only said: View attachment 222336
The OP is the complainer. I apologize if it came off as I was accusing you of complaining. Obviously I wasn't clear.

I understand that it's not a rule. I've also read the recommendations about using SR lines. My question is, why? Why, if you are not traveling by yourself, would you get in the SR line? Are you really willing to sacrifice the shared experience of riding with friends so that you can, in essence "jump the line?" And btw, if that's the case then an 80 minute wait is just about what you deserve - you'll get to spend more time in line with your friends. Isn't Disney really more about an immersive experience than cramming in all the thrill rides possible (and there aren't that many anyway)? I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I go to Disney with friends and family I want to ride the rides WITH my friends and family, not just the same rides on the same day. To me it just seems like nonsense to get in the single rider line as a group because you think you're basically gaming the system, and then go on a message board and complain that it didn't work out.

The OP is the complainer. I apologize if it came off as I was accusing you of complaining. Obviously I wasn't clear.

I understand that it's not a rule. I've also read the recommendations about using SR lines. My question is, why? Why, if you are not traveling by yourself, would you get in the SR line? Are you really willing to sacrifice the shared experience of riding with friends so that you can, in essence "jump the line?" And btw, if that's the case then an 80 minute wait is just about what you deserve - you'll get to spend more time in line with your friends. Isn't Disney really more about an immersive experience than cramming in all the thrill rides possible (and there aren't that many anyway)? I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I go to Disney with friends and family I want to ride the rides WITH my friends and family, not just the same rides on the same day. To me it just seems like nonsense to get in the single rider line as a group because you think you're basically gaming the system, and then go on a message board and complain that it didn't work out.

Having ridden single rider lines at Disney,Universal and many other parks for many,many years I think true single riders in single rider lines make up no more than 1/4-1/3 of the riders in the line,its why the CM has to tell every person entering the line they'll be separated.I love single rider lines because its another option to get on quickly,obviously people who are not regular visitors are going to want to ride together,but if time is short and the options are not ride or ride singles what would you prefer.For regular visitors like myself if it was up to me every ride would have a singles line.At Disney Test Track has a great singles line,I've probably ridden that ride hundreds of times and probably 80% of those times were single rides,we have no issues separating.Everest is also great and even though I don't visit AK as often I've had plenty of visits getting 2-3 rides in 30 minutes doing singles.Universal gives you a ton more options to get on using singles lines,Revenge of the Mummy,Spider Man,Men in Black,Hulk are just a few of the rides that have single lines and I'm grateful they offer it as you go in knowing even if stand by lines are outrageously long you still have the singles option,Revenge of the Mummy for example I'm on that ride using singles 2-3 times every time I hit up Universal.As far as RnRc's single line,I have no clue what the issue is with it,I will say its not always slow as there are times you can get on rather easily but more often its slow to get on or the wait can be as bad as stand by.My point is that even with the of riders getting in the singles line not actually being singles most of those lines move to make them good options most of time,if every ride at Epcot is 90-120 minutes and too many people are getting in the singles line in Test Track to make for a long wait,I've seen that happen as well,but in that situation the problem is too many people and Epcot lacking headliner rides,most of the time its a good option.

Last edited:
I have done the SR a few times with my daughter. We know we will most likely be separated and we were separated once or twice, certainly did not sit near each other once when on the same ride. I saw once that the CM took an entire load from the SR line. Not sure if there was an issue on the SB line with someone backing out or just wanted to clear the line a bit.

You mad bro? Sounds like you think you are entitled to walk on rides just because you go to the parks by yourself and are upset other people also want lower wait times. My husband and I did many single rider lines at universal and it allowed us to accomplish everything we wanted which would have not been possible if we waited standby. You are separated from your party for like 5 minutes max, so I really don't see your point about people are sacrificing time with their friends. Of course if the standby isn't bad we would rather ride together but most times without SR we would have had to just skip the ride altogether.

As far as the RnR SR, NEVER AGAIN. The posted wait was 60 min or so, and we had good luck with TT and Universal, so we decided to try it. After almost the full posted time we finally got on. Well, the group I rode with said they only waited 30 minutes, much less then they thought. I was livid. I think a major problem is the way the CMs load the cars. If there were 2 seats open together, the CM would pull from further back in the standby line rather than taking 2 from SR. Several cars would go before anyone from SR would get to go. And parties of 2 are very common, so its hard to get only 1 spot open. I learned my lesson for this ride and will never do this particular SR again.

I figured you weren't speaking directly about me but you know what they say about assuming...

Basing on people's experience here it seems to be something with RnRC which is interesting quite honestly at least to me..seems something is done differently at that ride at least that seems to be because we know that it isn't just completely solo people who ride EE.

What do you view the intended purpose of the single-rider line is?

My understanding that it is designed to aid the operator to fill the seats more efficiently and aid in filling all seats; empty seats means longer waits for everyone. During most times of operation, it is a "win-win" for folks willing to ride as a single-rider and for people riding as groups.

I can wait with the people I'm touring with and then spend 2 minutes or so away from them when riding a ride. If we are not interested in another photo opportunity and we think the single-rider line is moving faster we will go single-rider just to get through the attraction quicker and be able to move on.

To say it's against the intended purpose is absurd. Disney has no policy about whether parties are able to enter together. The only thing they say (and it's explicit on the sign) is that parties will be separated.

If they didn't want parties to enter the line together, they wouldn't literally write it on the sign!

Rock-n-Roller-Coaster_1.jpg

Is it normal for the single rider line on rock n roller coaster to take longer than the standby line? The posted standby time was 70 minutes so we went single rider and waited 80 minutes. Watched a guy who got in the standby line at the same time ride 40 minutes before we did. I asked a worker afterward if that was normal and he said yes. Is this true in your experience? It seems like if the wait time is commonly longer than standby AND you have to separate from your party, there's no advantage to single rider. Expedition Everest definitely does it better.
Although I have never had this, it makes sense. RnRC are seated in rows of two, compared to Test Track at Epcot which are rows of 3. Most families/groups are in multiples of two (i.e. 2, 4 or 6 people), and so fewer gaps for single riders. TT keeps its single rider queue short as it is constantly filling the 2 spare seats in most cars.

Another point about groups willing to use the single rider line (and be split up) is that it makes the normal standby line move faster. Why? Because a group chooses SR over standby and thus the standby is shorter. This of course works for groups of adults and/or teens who do not mind riding solo. Groups with young children, for example, that cannot go solo, will ride standby and get the benefit of a shorter line.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter