Rock n roller coaster single rider line

Oh yes that makes sense sometimes I'll be in and out of the single rider like in 10 mins or less but if that line is long it can take a lot longer than standby because they can't get people in and out as fast

I would say it is the longest single rider line. I say if you see the line and it's pretty far out the door and down the ramp it'll be taking ages

I have seen multiple people use the single rider line n they are with others 2 or more together that makes me mad especially when I ride it myself and I deserve to be considered a single rider
"Single rider" doesn't mean "solo traveler." Anyone can go in a single rider line, regardless of the number in their party. By going in the SRL, you're opting to split up your party in order to be able to get on the ride sooner. If a party of two or more people gets in the SRL, they aren't riding together; they are splitting up to fill empty seats.

It's a trade-off. Most people choose to sit together with their party on rides, even though the regular line will take longer. By choosing SRL, you're giving up the fun of sitting with your party, but you'll get to ride sooner.

The point of the single rider line is efficiency of the ride, not the customers' experience. I don't understand why anyone would expect a CM to grab 2 single riders over 2 people in the SB line. The SR line is a supplemental line and is only there to fill in spots when actually needed. It's just math and sometimes certain CMs work harder to fill in the exact seats before having to grab from the SR line. It's total luck of the draw and there should never be any expectations of how long it will take. It was never set up to get you on a ride faster, most times it does, but again, it wasn't designed for you, its for the performance of the ride, that's all. Just be happy when it works out :)

I don't understand why anyone would expect a CM to grab 2 single riders over 2 people in the SB line.
If there are 2 spots open and the next party in SB has more than 2 and needs to wait for the next car, those spots should go to the next 2 people in SR line. How does it make sense to take people from 2 or 3 parties back in SB versus the next 2 people in SR?? If I am next in one line why should someone who is not next in another line ride before me?

If there are 2 spots open and the next party in SB has more than 2 and needs to wait for the next car, those spots should go to the next 2 people in SR line. How does it make sense to take people from 2 or 3 parties back in SB versus the next 2 people in SR?? If I am next in one line why should someone who is not next in another line ride before me?

You are not the next in line, you are in a supplemental line, used only to grab from when mathematically needed. If the SR line was empty the CM would ask for a party of 2 regardless and who/how many people are waiting in the SR line is irrelevant until they have sought all options of filling the vehicle with the SB line. Again, it's just math. And again, the purpose is for ride efficiency, to have the ride vehicles full and the SB line, THE line move as quickly as possible. Similarly, at my grocery I can choose to pick a line that looks shorter than all the rest, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't and the longer line goes by way quicker, but I can not get mad at the grocery store. It was my choice, luck of the draw, self-check, regular check out, what have you. I myself am a single rider who goes both alone and with other riders, but I don't expect anything as I know it's a gamble and not a perk.

ETA: I misspelled mad :sad2:

Last edited:
Although I have never had this, it makes sense. RnRC are seated in rows of two, compared to Test Track at Epcot which are rows of 3. Most families/groups are in multiples of two (i.e. 2, 4 or 6 people), and so fewer gaps for single riders. TT keeps its single rider queue short as it is constantly filling the 2 spare seats in most cars.
You can't compare RnR to TT. Compare it to EE. EE is seats of 2 also. That single rider line moves fast.

The point of the single rider line is efficiency of the ride, not the customers' experience. I don't understand why anyone would expect a CM to grab 2 single riders over 2 people in the SB line. The SR line is a supplemental line and is only there to fill in spots when actually needed. It's just math and sometimes certain CMs work harder to fill in the exact seats before having to grab from the SR line. It's total luck of the draw and there should never be any expectations of how long it will take. It was never set up to get you on a ride faster, most times it does, but again, it wasn't designed for you, its for the performance of the ride, that's all. Just be happy when it works out :)
When there are 2 open seats together, I don't. Not sure who would. But it wouldn't make sense for a CM to get 2 people from stand by to fill 2 single seats. Essentially separating 2 people who are in standby, who want to ride together instead of taking 2 people from single rider who intend to ride separate.

If the 2 open spots are in the same car then no, they shouldn't take 2 people from single rider over 2 people from stand by, even if it means going back in line to get them. 2 who opt to stand in line together in the stand by line would get to ride over the single rider. Single rider is to fill 1 empty seat at a time, not 2 together.

The OP is the complainer. I apologize if it came off as I was accusing you of complaining. Obviously I wasn't clear.

I understand that it's not a rule. I've also read the recommendations about using SR lines. My question is, why? Why, if you are not traveling by yourself, would you get in the SR line? Are you really willing to sacrifice the shared experience of riding with friends so that you can, in essence "jump the line?" And btw, if that's the case then an 80 minute wait is just about what you deserve - you'll get to spend more time in line with your friends. Isn't Disney really more about an immersive experience than cramming in all the thrill rides possible (and there aren't that many anyway)? I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I go to Disney with friends and family I want to ride the rides WITH my friends and family, not just the same rides on the same day. To me it just seems like nonsense to get in the single rider line as a group because you think you're basically gaming the system, and then go on a message board and complain that it didn't work out.
Because it's a free world and if a group wants to try single rider to go faster then they can. It's their choice and they aren't breaking any rules or policies doing it. Otherwise you are right, it's a risk and you don't get to complain if it doesn't work out. Most of the time single riders are faster lines. RnR is about the one one that isn't, in all the single riders lines out there, at Disney or elsewhere. If a group is willing to split up to move through a line faster then so what? It doesn't mean they don't want to share the experience. It just means they want to try to get in more rides as that is more important to them than standing around staring at the back of the other person. I know for me, who I sit next to matters little. We can ride and then talk about the experience later. We don't need to sit next to each other to make it more fun. But every group is different. If it's more important to you to stay together, then don't use the single rider line.

Last edited:
But it wouldn't make sense for a CM to get 2 people from stand by to fill 2 single seats. Essentially separating 2 people who are in standby, who want to ride together instead of taking 2 people from single rider who intend to ride separate.

Of course, I agree.

The OP is the complainer. I apologize if it came off as I was accusing you of complaining. Obviously I wasn't clear.

I understand that it's not a rule. I've also read the recommendations about using SR lines. My question is, why? Why, if you are not traveling by yourself, would you get in the SR line? Are you really willing to sacrifice the shared experience of riding with friends so that you can, in essence "jump the line?" And btw, if that's the case then an 80 minute wait is just about what you deserve - you'll get to spend more time in line with your friends. Isn't Disney really more about an immersive experience than cramming in all the thrill rides possible (and there aren't that many anyway)? I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I go to Disney with friends and family I want to ride the rides WITH my friends and family, not just the same rides on the same day. To me it just seems like nonsense to get in the single rider line as a group because you think you're basically gaming the system, and then go on a message board and complain that it didn't work out.
Wow, that escalated quickly. My intent wasn't to complain. I was simply curious about whether my experience was common so I'd be able to make a better decision next time. We had already ridden the ride once as a group, and then a few of the teenagers wanted to ride again so we thought we'd split up the second time through in hopes of getting through a shorter line and not making the rest of the party wait too long for those who were riding again. I understand that the single rider line doesn't guarantee a faster trip through the line, but the implication is that you're exchanging the opportunity to sit together for the opportunity to get on sooner. If you had to split up AND wait longer, no one would use the single rider line. I get that it's a gamble - I was just trying to ascertain whether the odds were usually worth it or not.

Wow, that escalated quickly. My intent wasn't to complain. I was simply curious about whether my experience was common so I'd be able to make a better decision next time. We had already ridden the ride once as a group, and then a few of the teenagers wanted to ride again so we thought we'd split up the second time through in hopes of getting through a shorter line and not making the rest of the party wait too long for those who were riding again. I understand that the single rider line doesn't guarantee a faster trip through the line, but the implication is that you're exchanging the opportunity to sit together for the opportunity to get on sooner. If you had to split up AND wait longer, no one would use the single rider line. I get that it's a gamble - I was just trying to ascertain whether the odds were usually worth it or not.
There is a reason that RnR is the only ride with a sign that points out the single rider line could be as long, or longer, than stand by. That alone should tell you it's not abnormal, that it is rather common. For whatever reason.

Because it's a free world and if a group wants to try single rider to go faster then they can. It's their choice and they aren't breaking any rules or policies doing it. Otherwise you are right, it's a risk and you don't get to complain if it doesn't work out. Most of the time single riders are faster lines. RnR is about the one one that isn't, in all the single riders lines out there, at Disney or elsewhere. If a group is willing to split up to move through a line faster then so what? It doesn't mean they don't want to share the experience. It just means they want to try to get in more rides as that is more important to them than standing around staring at the back of the other person. I know for me, who I sit next to matters little. We can ride and then talk about the experience later. We don't need to sit next to each other to make it more fun. But every group is different. If it's more important to you to stay together, then don't use the single rider line.

I just think it's interesting, maybe even funny, people see it as a tactic to get on the ride faster but in actuality you're putting it up to chance. It is really interesting that Everest's single rider line goes quicker, though. I did notice the morning we did go on that coaster (rode about 6 times in a row) that they were very efficient about getting people seated.

Single rider also has the benefit of putting you in a less congested "holding area" for the pre-show portion. I stuck to single rider on R n R because I am way less likely to have a panic attack up on the balcony than down in that awful crush of people from stand by. Even if my husband is also riding we're all better off with us being seated separately regardless of wait time. FP or my DAS would save us some time. We don't use it for R n R because it's just not worth it.

Yes..it's not uncommon at all for RnR single rider line to take just as long if not longer than standby.

It is by far the worst single rider line at Disney (only 2 others) and usually not recommended at all

I completely agree with this. Every time we've been in the RnR single rider line it's taken forever to get through. I'd honestly say that we hardly ever ride it now without a FP unless it's early/late in the day.

I usually have good luck in the single rider line, but not all the time. We've waited longer in the single rider line a couple of times.

As long as your willing to sit alone there is no restriction to using a single rider line - saying its wrong is well wrong!

As for why - lots and lots of reasons, each one valid for that family as everyone has different ways of touring the parks. Filling in otherwise empty seats by folks who are willing to sit alone isn't cheating.

Single rider also has the benefit of putting you in a less congested "holding area" for the pre-show portion. I stuck to single rider on R n R because I am way less likely to have a panic attack up on the balcony than down in that awful crush of people from stand by. Even if my husband is also riding we're all better off with us being seated separately regardless of wait time. FP or my DAS would save us some time. We don't use it for R n R because it's just not worth it.

I agree with this as well my dd would choose sitting alone in exchange for skipping many of the pre shows and the "bottleneck" that happens after. OT but we often choose to single ride Test Track in order to skip the ride design portion as well but we have designed cars in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter