Rock n Roller coaster rehab in sept through october 2007?

So first of all, yes, Sweet Emotion has been on a few times since January.
Secondly, I'm sorry that this supposed rehab has ruined everyone's trips. Unfortunately, it's kind of like a price to pay for coming during the off season. There's really only a few months that Tower or Coaster can go down for rehab, january or september/october. So think about it, does disney do the rehabs during the busy seasons and have LOTS of guest complaints? Or during off seasons when it's mostly annual passholders who will complain and then probably come back?

About not giving enough notice, unfortunately, not all rehabs are 100% definite until last minute :-/

I wouldnt change your plans Yet ..as it looks like its not gonna happen till january again they wouldve announced it by now ... at least i hope:)

But I'm really hoping if it is unfortunately true, it will still be open on Labour Day. That Monday (September 3rd) is not only a holiday but MGM's extra magic hours night. Please please don't close it until at least Tuesday!! :scared:

About not giving enough notice, unfortunately, not all rehabs are 100% definite until last minute :-/

Can anyone give an example of a lengthy (weeks or months, not days) closing of a major attraction that was announced less than a month in advance? (Obviously not including rides that have to go down due to an incident like M:S or California Screamin' at DCA.) SE's rehab was announced at least 3-4 months in advance IIRC. BTMRR was announced over 2 months in advance. Every day that goes by without an announcement makes it more likely that it's the October/November/early December guests who have to worry about this.

Or that's what I keep telling myself.

Every day that goes by without an announcement makes it more likely that it's the October/November/early December guests who have to worry about this.

And thats what I keep telling myself too!!!:thumbsup2

Can anyone give an example of a lengthy (weeks or months, not days) closing of a major attraction that was announced less than a month in advance? (Obviously not including rides that have to go down due to an incident like M:S or California Screamin' at DL.) SE's rehab was announced at least 3-4 months in advance IIRC. BTMRR was announced over 2 months in advance. Every day that goes by without an announcement makes it more likely that it's the October/November/early December guests who have to worry about this.

I think I'm going to go with this line of thinking as it makes me feel better!!!!:thumbsup2

Every day that goes by without an announcement makes it more likely that it's the October/November/early December guests who have to worry about this.

Can it please be October or November. I'm going in September, November, and December. And the trip I'd least like it to be closed on is December because I'm taking people who have never been to MGM before and like roller coasters. I'm not going in October this year, so please close it in October. If it really needs another rehab less then a year after the last one.

What's supposed to happen during this closer everyone is worried about?

Makes me worry...We're going the end of October and RNR is my kids' favorite ride by far. They'd be soooo disappointed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The way people have been talking about it, it is supposedly going to go from Labor Day through "the beginning of October" so IF it actually happens, anyone going at the end of October should be OK. We will be there the 5th - 14th so it would most likely affect us....but I'm still thinking postively and believing that it won't happen. There are already two major attractions that will be closed at that time and we are only a month out from the supposed start date and Disney always gives at least 2 months warning. Just think happy thoughts! pixiedust:

Because it's one of the slowest times of the year. Let's use our heads here. Would it make more sense to have closures during the value season, where people aren't paying the "full price," or during peak season?

What it boils down to is most people recognize the need for rehabs, "just not during MY vacation.........."

I must have missed where my tickets to the park cost less due to going in Oct.

It may be the slow time of the year, so I understand what they're doing, but my tickets cost the same.....and not everyone stays on site.

Just back from WDW (July 16-26) and every time we were in line to ride R&RC, it broke down and we had to be evacuated due to "technical difficulties". Sounds like a rehab is what this ride needs!

Anyway, didn't they just rehab this in Jan. 2007? For some reason, I remember it being closed when we were there in Jan. 2007.

:surfweb: I just sent in a Question about RnR to Anita Answer on Allears,,if anyone can find anything out it would be her! :thumbsup2 hopfully she`ll answer, But I doubt it,,we`ll see

Just back from WDW (July 16-26) and every time we were in line to ride R&RC, it broke down and we had to be evacuated due to "technical difficulties". Sounds like a rehab is what this ride needs!

Anyway, didn't they just rehab this in Jan. 2007? For some reason, I remember it being closed when we were there in Jan. 2007.

I saw someone on another thread state a problem also when they were there sometime in July, like it wasn't launching properly (taking too long) and the audio cutting off. OK so if this is happening NOW instead of keep having to shut it down off and on all day long why not close it now and get the repair done now? I guess it could be that they don't have the needed parts yet?? GRRRRR They really need to release a statement of some kind!:mad:

I saw someone on another thread state a problem also when they were there sometime in July, like it wasn't launching properly (taking too long) and the audio cutting off. OK so if this is happening NOW instead of keep having to shut it down off and on all day long why not close it now and get the repair done now? I guess it could be that they don't have the needed parts yet?? GRRRRR They really need to release a statement of some kind!:mad:

I agree. I've never been to Disney and I'm pretty upset that I'm missing Haunted Mansion this trip and if i have to miss RNR too I'll be even more upset. You would think they would make a timely announcement..they seem to do ok with other rehabs.

The audio cut out towards the end right when you pull into the "alley" holding area before you unload. However, it appeared that the majority of the problems happened at launch. They'd launch one carload and then the second carload wouldn't launch. They'd go to "manual" then to total shutdown on more than one occassion when we were attempting to ride it.

We were leaving the recording studio part when they went to "off" mode. then, they announced they were going to "manual" mode and this one 16 yo said "What does that mean?" so I replied (totally deadpan) "It means that they're going to come and push the cars w/us in them from behind all the way through the track" and she says "Really?" and her friends were hysterical saying "Yeah, they're going to run upside down through the loop! Hahaha!

ETA -- w/HM in rehab, the other ride waits were insane! Esp. POTC! Same thing when R&RC went down -- the line at ToT would escalate! Ugh!

If its closed in Oct then I will be PO'd! The thing was down the entire time I was there in Jan of this year! what the heck? RNR goes into rehab more frequently then Lindsey Lohan!

It was down in January for the queue line changes (new entry for fastpass and single rider).

If its closed in Oct then I will be PO'd! The thing was down the entire time I was there in Jan of this year! what the heck? RNR goes into rehab more frequently then Lindsey Lohan!

OH MY HECK!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: That is too funny!!!! And didn't she get her start in a Dinsey movie, Parent Trap, see it all leads to Rehab! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter