Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster to be rethemed

I'm suspicious. NYT didn't pull that one out of thin air so why did the mistake happen? Either they asked about it and misunderstood the answer (which would be weird but feasible) or maybe they discussed the retheming but Disney isn't ready to go public with any plans yet? I know the rumor keeps coming up but it's an obvious candidate for this job. Also...

If it were to be re-themed, I'd go Thor with an "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin soundtrack.

This would be great.

I'm suspicious. NYT didn't pull that one out of thin air so why did the mistake happen? Either they asked about it and misunderstood the answer (which would be weird but feasible) or maybe they discussed the retheming but Disney isn't ready to go public with any plans yet? I know the rumor keeps coming up but it's an obvious candidate for this job. Also...

This would be great.

One rumor is that The NY Times mixed up the fact that the rock n rollercoaster at Disneyland Paris is getting returned

Also, to all these Marvel related ideas - Disney is very limited in which characters they can use - onyone who was ever a member of the Avengers is not allowed to be used

Terrifying* thought: What if it was an "underground" themed Incredicoaster.

*I can't stand the Incredibles, as they come off as mocking the Fantastic Four to me

Whatever they do, keep it Rock of some sort. Maybe Foo Fighters or some band like that. Don't water it down with horrible pop music that people call "rock" now lol. Or go old school on it maybe you're winding through the birth of more modern rock from the 60's to the 00's throughout the ride (Meh lol).

Keep it rock or tear everything down and build something completely new to compliment ToT. RnR always looked, to me, a bit out of place in that end of the road there. Not saying another drop ride but they could certainly do something really cool

But, also, DHS has a LOT of new happening, maybe you can leave this alone and, as others mentioned, update the queue at the very least

I love the ride, but it probably won’t get re-themed in the immediate future. Too much stuff being built and they need all the attractions they can get.

If it happens, I want a villains coaster.

Sunset Strip? Huge rock and roll history. Especially Aerosmith's era.

guess it depends what year the land is to be set it. The plot of the Tower of Terror takes place in 1939 - so Aerosmith is obviously way more modern than that

Now, if the idea is that the wakway starts at modern times and goes into the past with the ToT being the oldest part then I think that could work, but currently isn't set up like that (or isn't obvious at least)

Though if the stuck with 1939 then it would be like Big Band and Swing and Jazz music - which not sure that fits the theme of the rollercoaster

guess it depends what year the land is to be set it. The plot of the Tower of Terror takes place in 1939 - so Aerosmith is obviously way more modern than that

Now, if the idea is that the wakway starts at modern times and goes into the past with the ToT being the oldest part then I think that could work, but currently isn't set up like that (or isn't obvious at least)

Though if the stuck with 1939 then it would be like Big Band and Swing and Jazz music - which not sure that fits the theme of the rollercoaster

The plot of Tower does not take place in 1939, the backstory stakes place in 1939, which is referred to as the "stormy night long ago". So many years later is the setting.

The plot of Tower does not take place in 1939, the backstory stakes place in 1939, which is referred to as the "stormy night long ago". So many years later is the setting.

but isn't the hotel "frozen" in 1939? and why you hear 30's jazz music playing?

Did you ever see the ToT movie? In the movie it is present day (or was in the 90s) but the tower is haunted and untouched since 1939. I always thought of it the way the movie presented it.

Did you ever see the ToT movie? In the movie it is present day (or was in the 90s) but the tower is haunted and untouched since 1939. I always thought of it the way the movie presented it.

no, I haven't seen the movie ... guess I just always saw that entire street as being set in "old time Hollywood" - between the age of the hotel and the Citizens of Hollywood, etc. I feel like the whole section is immersing you in that timeframe

but wouldn't be the first or last time I am wrong ;)

no, I haven't seen the movie ... guess I just always saw that entire street as being set in "old time Hollywood" - between the age of the hotel and the Citizens of Hollywood, etc. I feel like the whole section is immersing you in that timeframe

but wouldn't be the first or last time I am wrong ;)
I guess I never really thought about the era. I can see where you’re coming from and I don’t really think you’re wrong. I guess I always envisioned it differently, like walking through a historic district or something.

If you’re a Steve Gutenberg fan I’d recommend the movie. It’s the only reason I saw it back in the day. ::yes::

No it's not frozen. Just from the ride's script you learn that the lightning strike happened in 1939. At the end Rod Serling warns you about "the next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood". Time has passed and the hotel has remain untouched since it was abandoned immeaditely after the lightning strike. You know it was quick due to how much personal stuff has been left in the lobby. Had it been frozen, there wouldn't be cobwebs and dust everywhere.

The whole Sunset Blvd. timeline gets confusing because you have storefronts and streetmosphere and cars that come from the 1930's....a hotel at the end of the street abandoned since the 1930's, then a turn left to modern day.

No it's not frozen. Just from the ride's script you learn that the lightning strike happened in 1939. At the end Rod Serling warns you about "the next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood". Time has passed and the hotel has remain untouched since it was abandoned immeaditely after the lightning strike. You know it was quick due to how much personal stuff has been left in the lobby. Had it been frozen, there wouldn't be cobwebs and dust everywhere.

The whole Sunset Blvd. timeline gets confusing because you have storefronts and streetmosphere and cars that come from the 1930's....a hotel at the end of the street abandoned since the 1930's, then a turn left to modern day.

I think is what confuses me/makes me think the whole street is inserting you into the 1930s - the cars and Citizens of Hollywood are from that era, they play 1930’s jazz in the courtyard at the Tower of Terror, etc

So clearly I am thinking about the timeline of riding the attraction wrong but the setting all feels like the 1930s so I think that is why the more modern Rock N Roller Coaster seems out of place, even if it is using “classic rock” it’s still more “modern” than the rest of the street

I've said it before, I'll say it again.... If it is ever confirmed that they are changing the theme, I will drive 7 hours each way, buy a one day ticket and spend the entire day grabbing FP+ after FP+ for RnR. It's my favorite ride on property, and a part of the reason why is I'm a huge Aerosmith fan. I'd still like the ride if it were re-themed, but I couldn't see myself enjoying it nearly as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter