Robin Gibb on AI!!

Originally posted by Miss Jasmine
Hi. Sgt. :wave:

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who felt that way about Clay's rendition of "Grease". It's nice to see I am in good company. :smooth:

Yes, as always Miss Jasmine.. We seem to agree on a lot.. ;)

Was I the only one who thought Reuben's first song was, well, ponderous? That should be a lively, light, flittery kind of song, and I thought he sounded a little hoarse and heavy on it (just a little behind all the time?). His second was definately more his style, but even there, towards the end, he "whoo hoo ed" rather than sing words--tired, out of breath, what? I'm a large Marge myself, and don't want to seem to be picking on him because of his size, but opera singers, for example, are often quite large and yet have excellent voice control.

I think it'll come down to the three guys because, as others have said, it's a popularity contest, basically.

Terri

I thought last night stank. I love the BeeGee's, but it just wasn't a good fit for any of the singers. (I did like Ruben's "Broken Heart" though.)

I voted for the first time last night. Kim Locke has always been a favorite of mine - but she was so bad last night. I want her to stay anyway over Josh. Something was wrong for Kim last night - Maybe she couldn't hear the soundtrack - she usually has pretty good pitch.

i think the background vocals drowned out everyone except clay....he is deffinetly the best voice of the competition....i think kim was the worst last night..could it be a 3guys finally????doubtful.....i think ruben will be in the bottom 2 again.

Yes, I think Clay really took a risk with Grease. I didn't get to watch it really, because my DD just HAD to tell me something the entire time he was singing. I doubt he will try "dancing" again. But I still love him, and tried to vote for him many times in the two hours. I only got through maybe three times, so I'm going to be mad if "something was wrong with the phone lines" and he's in the bottom two. He's the only one of the four that I can picture buying a CD of. Which reminds me, need to buy Kelly's CD. Diana

Yoopermom: I ALWAYS think Ruben sounds hoarse.

I think that both Ruben and Kimberley had off nights last night. Maybe being in the bottom 2 shook Ruben up a little bit? "Nights on Broadway" is my favorite all-time Bee Gees song and I think Ruben just massacred it last night. I also was very underimpressed with that horrible arrangement of "Emotion" that Kimberley sang.

I thought that Clay did an awesome job with both of his songs! "Grease" is a hard song to sing and he pulled it off great! (I wish he wouldn't have tried to shake his hips (dance?) though. It just came off as plain silly.)

I think that Josh redeemed himself. I was terrified for him when Ryan announced that his first song was going to be "Jive Talkin":rolleyes:, but he did okay. He did much better the second time and I agree with Simon that it was a risk singing the same song as Clay. HOWEVER much I like Josh though, he is NOT as talented as Clay or Ruben.

Based strictly on last night's performances, I think that Kimberley and Ruben should be in the bottom 2 and that Kimberley should go. HOWEVER, we now understand how the voting goes, so who can really predict?:rolleyes:

I loved Clay's first song and I'm so glad that Simon said it was one of the best performances he has heard! I know a lot of people thought his second song was corny, but I thought it was cute. He definitely listened to the judges advice and tried to be different, and also added in the thing with the hips, so I thought it was a fun performance.

Ruben is still blah for me. I never remember any of his songs after the shows because he always sounds the same.

I also thought Josh did really well last night. He took a big risk by singing the same song Clay sang right after him (especially after the compliment Simon gave Clay). I thought he did a really good job with that performance.

There sure are a lot of varying opinions about last night. Personally, I though Ruben blew everybody away. Clay did a great job on the first song, but "Grease" was just plain awful. He looked like he felt out of place, and while his rendition of the song was o.k., all it did was serve to reinforce the notion that he can make it on Broadway, and not in the pop arena. I thought Josh was actually the worst last night, but he picked better songs than Kimberly. Her songs sounded good, but they are boring and unfamiliar to too many people. She also really strained in a few places on the first song. Josh was comparatively bad on his first song, and his second would have been a home run if not for the rendition that Clay did. Still, he has enough fans to make it to the final three. I think Josh and Kimberly will be in the bottom two, with Kimberly going home; but, I wouldn't be surprised if Clay and Kimberly are in the bottom two considering the popularity of Josh. If he can be as bad as he was last week and not even make the bottom two, he may surprise people again this week with a far better performance.

And I missed the whole thing....can someone please kick me??

I was a bit surprised that Josh was voted off last night - I really wasn't blown away by any of them but still surprised that it was Josh turn to go. Does it seem odd to anyone else that it seems to be rigged lately? The staging, the elimations, etc. I'm starting to wonder if this has more than the public vote going with or against the singers. I will miss Josh's performing on there - his country music is wonderful to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter