Robin Gibb on AI!!

What an amazing show that was!!! I think that it doesn't really matter if Kimberly or Josh go next since it will all come down to Ruben and Clay. I can't make my mind up between the two of them. I sure did enjoy those men singing tonight though. Kimberly didn't have her best night.

I voted for the first time - for Clay. The first song was fantastic! A true pro.

I think him picking Grease was his way of finally having fun. They've been telling him for weeks to break out of his mold. The first song was pure Clay - the second was pure fun.

To me Kim L was the weakest tonight, but I think Josh will be gone this week.

Well, from the thread I started last week on the Bee Gees, I think everyone knows I'm madly in love with Robin Gibb. :) And he didn't disappoint tonight, what a class act he is.

Now, for the contestants. Amazingly, I thought Josh did GREAT tonight, considering his limitations in that he is not as good as the Clay or Ruben. Kim L. was out of tune all night, imo.

Clay, all I can is say is WOW! His version of To Love Somebody was simply amazing. That boy has some chops! He annoys me when he sits down with all those funny faces, but damn can he sing!

Ruben, Ruben, Ruben! His How Can You Mend A Broken Heart made THIS heart melt! Whoa!

Only bad thing is I am STILL torn between those two!

All in all a great show, but I do wish they had done some earlier BeeGees. Would have loved to have heard Massachusetts or Got A Get A Message to You..........

I am not a fan of Josh, but I do think he sang his second song very well. I didn't like his version of Jive Talkin', though, and I really don't like what he does with his hands while he sings!

I totally agreed with Simon's comments regarding Kimberly. She kind of reminded me of your average nightclub singer. Not bad, but nothing spectacular.

I think both Rueben and Clay were awesome tonight! I did think Clay's "Grease" performance was a little corny with the hips and all, but I don't think it was "horrible", as Simon put it! I'm trying to vote for both of them, but haven't had any luck getting through!

I could just DIE!!!!!!!!!!! I missed the whole show tonight.I have never missed a single show in bith seasons!!!! I forgot it was Tuesday today (long day) and then I kept the TV on NBC (our local affliate) because I was wanting to get an update on whether or not a killer that has been on death row for 30 years was executed or not. He was but that is another thread!!!

I CAN NOT believe I missed the show. Is there any place where you can get a replay of it??

I thought Josh had his best night tonight -- he sounded great with both songs, but his second performance was the best one he has given.....

Kimberly, I have always been a big fan, but she just sounded off tonight -- I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one to go tomorrow......

Clay did a wonderful job as always. I thought his "hip shaking" was adorable, he's always so "mature" during his performances & even though it may not have been a great choice for him, it was something that he had fun with & the audience loved him even more for that...

Ruben, Ruben, Ruben -- amazing

I am torn between the 3 guys -- yes I realize Josh isn't in the same category as Clay and Ruben, but he is still a good country singer and is just so darn cute. I guess when it comes down to it, I am hoping that Clay wins, but we shall see!!

Thanks for listening

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kimberly was WAY off tonight.:( She will be OUTTA there tomorrow............I think.:rolleyes:

I pretty much agreed with Simon tonight.

Clay - first song INCREDIBLE. Grease was yuck for me. I don't like that song to begin with and I didn't like his clothes either (pants too tight). I know I'm being picky!

Kim - I thought the judges would blast her on that first song because it started out just horrible. Simon called it right. Her 2nd song was better but the background vocals were so ridiculously loud it was distracting.

Josh - first song just okay, 2nd song very good.

Ruben - missed his first song (laundry!) and his 2nd song was good but didn't really excite me at all.

As others have called it, either Josh or Kim will be gone next. If I could pick I suppose I'd choose Kim to stay and Josh to go.

I'll have to ask my DD what she thought of the show. I totally forgot that they were singing Bee Gees songs tonight (even though I posted that fact a week ago). I just forgot to watch tonight. It sounds like it was a great show. I'm glad to hear that Robin Gibb was one of the judges.

Well, I loved Clay's first song. I really wish he had chosen a different song other than Grease, he took a really big risk. I have been trying to vote since the show ended and have only gotten through 6 times so he must be getting some votes. As for Ruben, I like his voice but it's not different or unique from what we already hear on the radio daily, his performances tonight didn't do a thing for me. I love Clay's voice it is a different sound, very pure. I also like Kimberly's voice, it's different. Josh doesn't sound any different than George Strait or Garth Brooks, in fact I don't think he has his own sound, it seems that he tries to sound like them. The American Idol needs to be something different that what is already out there.;)

I think that Ruben and Clay both did real well tonight and Josh surprised me. I still think that he has a good country voice and he seemed real relaxed tonight. I agreed completely with Simon when he commented on Kimberly. I vote for her to leave next.

I also thought that Josh did really well. He may stay around another week, who knows. Kimberly sounded terrible to me and just plain off. She did not seem like she was having fun with those numbers.

Ruben's second choice was better than the first. And, Clay's first was unbelievable.

Will there be a surprise this week with the votes like last week?

Kimberly was definitely the weak link last night. My husband--a recent convert to the program--said she can say "Good-Night"! He's the singer/musician in the family.

Ruben--standard Studdard performance. I don't get "Brilliant" though--good yes. . .over the top "Brilliant", :confused: .

Josh--liked it. Jive Talkin' was a bit lame, but then again--it's a pretty lame song. His second performance was good though and doing the same song as Clay took real guts! It was a completely different performance from Clay's though and I enjoyed it.

Clay--wonderful initial performance. He never ceases to impress. Grease, while not my favorite song, was done well and I found it kind of fun and frivolous. A bit of entertainment in a bunch of otherwise soulful, serious themed ballads. Guess you could say the same thing about Jive Talkin' and Josh--Clay just did his "fun & frivolity" better.

Great show though. I'm looking for Josh & Kim in the bottom with Kim gone. I can't wait for this evening--surprises would be good as long as it doesn't involve Clay! ;)

I am wondering since Ruben made the visit to the bottom two last week, if this is not Clay's turn. Not that he would deserve it, but come on "Grease" was pretty darn bad. I couldn't even watch. I am hoping it is Kimberley L. gone tonight but I am afraid the producers still want to have a girl represented and will manipulate the vote. Josh did better than Kim, but as we have seen, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Well, of course I agree that Josh and Kimberly were the bottom two. I thought Kimberly was off on both songs, while Josh was okay on the first song and great on the second. So, based on last night's performances I think Kimberly should go (although it really doesn't matter; if not this week, it'll be next).
I definitely had to give Clay the edge tonight, for the second week in a row. His first song was awesome, and the second not his best, but still very good compared to the competition. As far as Ruben goes, I didn't like his first song at all (thought it was perhaps his worst performance), but the second was very good. I agree that while Ruben has a great voice it is the same as many artists on the radio. Clay's voice really stands out; when you hear him on the radio you will know right away who it is.
I have changed my pick from Ruben, which it was throughout most of the competition, to Clay!

MrsMud, you know, I think I may have converted to Clay as well. As much as I adore Ruben's soulful style, Clay is just one of those singers that has just pure, God-given talent. After you hear one of his really amazing performances, its hard to compare any song afterwards. He's just that good.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with the majority here. I doubt Josh will go tonight. I think what many people forget, including Simon, is this is not all just about talent. In a way it becomes a popularity contest. Look what happened to Tamyra Grey last season. Her voice was exponentially better than Nikki McKibben's, however Nikki was popular in her fan base.. I ask, how many 'pop' stars have the best singing voices. Most of the people on this season's show could outsing Brittany Spears, but look where she is..

I think Josh will stay because he has the 'cute' factor that the 14 to 18 female demographic is looking for in a guy singer. The only thing working against him, so to speak, is he really is more a country artist as opposed to a pop singer. Ruben is great, I just wish he would broaden his style a little bit. He definately has a career in music no matter what happens. Clay's first performance was excellent, but I have to agree with Simon on his 2nd performance. It was painful for me to watch, sorry. Kimberley Locke, well she is one of my favorites, has been since the start. Her voice is so rich and she has boatloads of potential. They all do really. It will be very interesting to see how it goes tonight.

Hi. Sgt. :wave:

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who felt that way about Clay's rendition of "Grease". It's nice to see I am in good company. :smooth:

Originally posted by sgtdisney
I think Josh will stay because he has the 'cute' factor that the 14 to 18 female demographic is looking for in a guy singer. The only thing working against him, so to speak, is he really is more a country artist as opposed to a pop singer.

I think boys that age are looking for a guy singer that doesn't sing only sappy songs like Clay and Ruben. My son sees him as a potention rock singer as well and can't picture Clay and Ruben in that vein. His vote would go to Josh if he could vote. DD, 16, agrees but DH thinks Ruben should win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter