Riviera Resale

Honestly, I had no idea about the fee until recently when was trying to find the language that gives them the right to create a points chart that can be applied to trading.

Again, do I think we would see that anytime soon? No, But, do I see something coming in to play to allow RIV resale owners pay a fee to book elsewhere at some point...like per reservation...absolutely.

I am one who likes to know what could happen and what cannot, I mean, I can’t tell you how many posts I have read elsewhere of people who had no idea that banking and borrowing rules can be changed,
I had no idea that the banking and borrowing rules could be changed either. But I will say that when I owned it was only a whopping 40 points, lol. If I were going to invest in a "normal" amount of points or more, I am sure I would have really researched the laws and such a whole lot more. So could Disney look into charging this fee to resale owners of "DVC-2" or resale owners of ALL the resorts?

I had no idea that the banking and borrowing rules could be changed either. But I will say that when I owned it was only a whopping 40 points, lol. If I were going to invest in a "normal" amount of points or more, I am sure I would have really researched the laws and such a whole lot more. So could Disney look into charging this fee to resale owners of "DVC-2" or resale owners of ALL the resorts?

If they decided to come up with a fee exchange it would all depend on who did it and what it’s purpose is.

DVD could implement, for example, a program in which a resale owner buys an equivalent number of direct points and now all points trade. They control the language in the POS and the restrictions. The reason I believe they have always grandfathered is to ensure owners are allowed the same rules as when they bought..it’s how new resales post January 2019 can’t trade to new resorts including RIV.

BVTC can make changes as well but i don’t interpret the language in that to allowing for different rules for resale vs direct points. So, if they decided to change the booking window for a resort....then all other points would follow.

RIV resale really has no trading rights into other DVC, so I think those changes would come from DVD first.

So, it would really all depend but any treating of resale vs direct would come would have to come from DVD and not BVTC.

I agree. Since our other points are unrestricted, I thought about holding out for a smallish resale contract to be used just for RIV stays, and had priced that in my head around $100-$115 (there was a poll somewhere back when ...) we ended up paying $160 for direct points, chose our UY, got a ton of FPs, and had a great stay over New Years already. The additional cost of the points was less than the cost of the stay we already had.
We just bought direct as well, wish we got the FPs, but since they aren't being used right now....

Any recent data on actual sales?
For resale, taking a look at deeds recorded in March, this is what I was able to find.

300 pts @ $127/pt
160 pts @ $115/pt
300 pts sold together but as 3 separate 100 pt contracts @ $140/pt
210 pts @ $142/pt
100 pts @ $130/pt

For resale, taking a look at deeds recorded in March, this is what I was able to find.

300 pts @ $127/pt
160 pts @ $115/pt
210 pts @ $142/pt
100 pts @ $130/pt

So things continue to do well, given the restrictions. Granted those sellers took losses but not as bad as some of us predicted would happen.

So things continue to do well, given the restrictions. Granted those sellers took losses but not as bad as some of us predicted would happen.
I didn't think it would be nearly as bad as a lot of the predictions but am surprised at how high some of the larger contracts have stayed.

Thanks. That is incredibly helpful.

300 pts @ $127/pt
160 pts @ $115/pt
210 pts @ $142/pt
100 pts @ $130/pt
Thank you so much. I'm evaluating a resale and want to make sure I am in the ballpark.

I am aware of two that sold today. Both were 300 point contracts. Here are the details with the available points for 2020/2021/2022:

June UY 2020-0/360/300 $129 per point.
December UY 300/300/300 $134 per point

Hope that information is helpful to someone.

Last edited:
Have two RR contracts in RoFR. 250 @ $132 and 300 @ $129. Information for any looking at resales.

Is there a list of sold RVA contracts any where? We would be open to buy a small resale RVA contract. Yes restrictions and all. Has anyone seen a smaller contract listed in the past year in the 50 point range? Based on right now I'm only seeing 100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter