Riviera - Preferred vs. Standard view question

Punzel

Earning My Ears
Curious for those who have spent time there. How much difference does the view make for your overall feeling during your stay?

To take the question even further, would you take a 1 bedroom standard view, over a deluxe studio preferred view? This is assuming that your group would likely do okay in either bedding configuration. Looking for opinions solely based on how important the view is :)

It should be noted that strangely you may prefer the bathroom option in the studio (split with two showers) over the 1 bedroom (1 shower and 1 soaking tub). We don’t do baths so 2 showers works better for 3 people. But… yes love the 1 bedrooms and would pick them standard view over studio with preferred view.

It should be noted that strangely you may prefer the bathroom option in the studio (split with two showers) over the 1 bedroom (1 shower and 1 soaking tub). We don’t do baths so 2 showers works better for 3 people. But… yes love the 1 bedrooms and would pick them standard view over studio with preferred view.
Yes this is something I’ve been contemplating too. While the two sink/vanity areas would be great for our family, the jetted tub would probably only get used by our 4 year old for bath time. Having two showers in the deluxe studio seems like something we’d get more use out of.

Yes this is something I’ve been contemplating too. While the two sink/vanity areas would be great for our family, the jetted tub would probably only get used by our 4 year old for bath time. Having two showers in the deluxe studio seems like something we’d get more use out of.
We ended up having some people be dedicated night showerers. Tee hee.

We had a 1 BR standard view in January 2020 with a wonderful view of the Epcot fireworks, and I’d stay there anytime in preference to a preferred view. We choose our villas based on how well they fit our needs, though, not much on view.

WE had a great standard room on 7th floor that had a great view of Epcot but we were there last December and no fireworks! Me and my daughter both thought that as long as you got a high floor standard it would be better than preferred. Yes, you are usually on the parking lot side, but when you are up high, you don't notice the cars way down below and don't hear the noise.

Also, my grandtinker loved the bubble up tubby! Not really jetted but was neat for her and it had a self clean option. Rooms are beautiful and this is my favorite picture ever! She loved that bed. Rolled over to look at Mickey and was out in 5 minutes.

Another vote for standard view! We've had MK fireworks views, with some Epcot views as well, so long as there have been fireworks. We got the double win last trip (August): MK fireworks view from our BLT standard room, and then MK + EP fireworks from our RIV standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter