RIVERS OF LIGHT DINING PACKAGES

Now if they would just release dining packages for NOVEMBER!

And December too..... Maybe now since they have loaded the times for all of 2017 they will hurry up and start loading ROL dining packages too. I'm waiting on this and the FEA dessert party and then I can relax (aka stop checking every day, multiple times a day for fear that I will miss something).

Ive only called Disney on two dining reservations and both times I did ask if there were any time frame on ROL and both times called I was told by cast members it opens up 90 days out. Also mentions 3 months on the Disney site. (I'll post file) However I thought I'd just make a quick call and just ask if it will be showing in November at since it's middle of August and unless my calculations are incorrect we are under a 90 day timetable. So the Cast member I spoke with said that the information I had been given was incorrect. No one should be telling me it was around 90 days. It could open up anytime and in fact it could open up just after I hang up the phone. So... I guess she must be getting a ton of these calls because I guess I bothered her by asking. Just wish they would hurry up. Only one I like. Then FP will begin soon.IMG_5155.jpg

Soon I'll make ADRs for our early March '18 trip and really want to do dinner at Tiffins as part of the ROL dining package. I realize from this post that there's no way that will be possible now. I'm going to guess that there will likely be one 7pm ROL showing the first Tuesday in March so I plan to make a regular ADR for Tiffins and keep trying for the package later on. Can someone clarify something (it may be obvious): if there's ROL at say 7pm, do I need to make a 4pm dinner reservation and no later at Tiffins to mirror what the package rules will be? All this psychic guesswork is exhausting.

Soon I'll make ADRs for our early March '18 trip and really want to do dinner at Tiffins as part of the ROL dining package. I realize from this post that there's no way that will be possible now. I'm going to guess that there will likely be one 7pm ROL showing the first Tuesday in March so I plan to make a regular ADR for Tiffins and keep trying for the package later on. Can someone clarify something (it may be obvious): if there's ROL at say 7pm, do I need to make a 4pm dinner reservation and no later at Tiffins to mirror what the package rules will be? All this psychic guesswork is exhausting.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'package rules', but if your hope is to book a regular ADR and convert it to a package later on, it really doesn't work that way. They are two separate sets of inventory - having a regular reservation does not make you more or less likely to be able to get a package. If you're just trying to make a regular Tiffins reservation just in case the ROL ones don't appear, then yes, I'd go for an early dinner like you mentioned.

For this I would go to website for current ROL Dining Package (through November) and compare dining times to shows to have a rough idea. Can look for possible patterns since show wasn't around this past March.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'package rules', but if your hope is to book a regular ADR and convert it to a package later on, it really doesn't work that way. They are two separate sets of inventory - having a regular reservation does not make you more or less likely to be able to get a package. If you're just trying to make a regular Tiffins reservation just in case the ROL ones don't appear, then yes, I'd go for an early dinner like you mentioned.

This.

I see some options for a Tiffin's lunch for this package when we will be there. It is expensive but that is ok if it is a good experience and if the package for the FOL is really worth it.

Is this one of those "worth it" items? This will be our first time to AK (not to Disney) and my two girls are 6 and 9.

Well now I see Tusker's availability as well! Is lunch there a good choice?

If I do Tuskers I may end up buying a dining plan as I already have a couple other of these character deals I am considering but normally I would not do the dining package. I also don;t want to end up just booking character meals b/c they are a "good deal" on the dining plan. Seeing the characters is nice but not a huge deal to do over and over for us.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on these options or whether going without either is doable for this show.

I see some options for a Tiffin's lunch for this package when we will be there. It is expensive but that is ok if it is a good experience and if the package for the FOL is really worth it.

Is this one of those "worth it" items? This will be our first time to AK (not to Disney) and my two girls are 6 and 9.

Well now I see Tusker's availability as well! Is lunch there a good choice?

If I do Tuskers I may end up buying a dining plan as I already have a couple other of these character deals I am considering but normally I would not do the dining package. I also don;t want to end up just booking character meals b/c they are a "good deal" on the dining plan. Seeing the characters is nice but not a huge deal to do over and over for us.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on these options or whether going without either is doable for this show.

Well... I was wondering how I missed ROL DP when checking everyday all day. So your trip is b/t now & October. Please state what month making ADR. November & December ROL DP are still not open/available yet.

Dining Plan & Character Meals are a personal preference & many arguments for both sides. I could do Bon Voyage, GG, Akershus, TH, CC & 'Ohana, H&V Breakfast, 1900 PF Breakfast & dinner and see all different characters @ each one.

I kept receipts for 1st 3 trips in DELUXE DP, saved $309-$500 depending on trip. We like CRT, HDDMR & Le Cellier, each 2 credits. DD9 so child price is definitely worth it. Depends on time of year possibly, @ Christmas it's so worth it, 90 minute wait for Main St. Bakery & 30-40 minutes Casey Corner then ordering then finding place to sit. My ADR is quicker. This past March no DDP, used Dining card definitely was different, not bad, but definite change in "our normal Disney eating," ---others on trip.

I like not having to wait in line for M&G too. DD still loves characters & photos, but no longer gets autographs. DH likes paying in advance & could care less if save money, I have to see a savings which I do. Also, love it for F! Dining Package, guaranteed seating vs standby during holidays & may not see it. So will do same for ROL in December & book Dining Package.

Last edited:
Frustrated & hoping someone can help. I have RoL package at TH @ 830 am. I also was JUST able to get a TH (non RoL) at 930 am, same day. This is an EMH day so the 930 works better for us - the CM we just spoke to didn't sound sure of herself or knowledgeable , just told us we couldn't make the 930 am a RoL & drop the 830am. Can anyone confirm? Her suggestion was to go talk to them "day of" and she seemed genuinely caught off guard when I brought up cancellation fees...It's the same meal so it seems silly, to me, that I wouldn't be able to get the RoL at 930.

Hi everyone. I am a mum from New Zealand and I want to keep an eye on this thread as I am looking for a RoL dining booking in December for my family. When I phoned to make all my other reservations at the 180 day mark the CM said RoL was not available and I mistakenly assumed I had missed out. I later realized that they just hadn't been released. Patiently waiting, waiting, waiting and hoping the dining package is released soon so I can stop looking.

Frustrated & hoping someone can help. I have RoL package at TH @ 830 am. I also was JUST able to get a TH (non RoL) at 930 am, same day. This is an EMH day so the 930 works better for us - the CM we just spoke to didn't sound sure of herself or knowledgeable , just told us we couldn't make the 930 am a RoL & drop the 830am. Can anyone confirm? Her suggestion was to go talk to them "day of" and she seemed genuinely caught off guard when I brought up cancellation fees...It's the same meal so it seems silly, to me, that I wouldn't be able to get the RoL at 930.

My understanding is that it is either a show package (ROL in this case) or it is not. There are a limited number so I personally would not hope for a different outcome on the day of as you will likely be upset and disappointed. Sure you could get lucky but I don't think it is wise.

Hi everyone. I am a mum from New Zealand and I want to keep an eye on this thread as I am looking for a RoL dining booking in December for my family. When I phoned to make all my other reservations at the 180 day mark the CM said RoL was not available and I mistakenly assumed I had missed out. I later realized that they just hadn't been released. Patiently waiting, waiting, waiting and hoping the dining package is released soon so I can stop looking.

:surfweb: For a long time. And I still look like this! :rotfl2:

well, as a very early member of the RUMORS OF LIGHT thread, created when ROL was RUMORED to open way back in February/March of 2015, we had people :rolleyes1checking round the lock, setting their alarms to check several times a night, posting clever questions on the WDW Blog, and constantly harassing the CM on the phone (who kept saying "Soon, keep checking!"). That went on for MONTHS....hundreds of people....and the thing didn't open until summer with the Jungle Book disaster. So, there are probably some of us who are on the "lists" that Disney may keep regarding activity... HA HA HA:rotfl:

well, as a very early member of the RUMORS OF LIGHT thread, created when ROL was RUMORED to open way back in February/March of 2015, we had people :rolleyes1checking round the lock, setting their alarms to check several times a night, posting clever questions on the WDW Blog, and constantly harassing the CM on the phone (who kept saying "Soon, keep checking!"). That went on for MONTHS....hundreds of people....and the thing didn't open until summer with the Jungle Book disaster. So, there are probably some of us who are on the "lists" that Disney may keep regarding activity... HA HA HA:rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Yup, unfortunately this is all par for the course and there really is nothing abnormal about any of this so far. Actually, it would probably be abnormal if the dates were released already and we all were able book the slots :upsidedow

Hi Everyone

Looking for some knowledge about the ROL show. I have booked the dinning package for sept 8. We have a dinner time of 4.25pm when can we expect the ROL show to start, it says on the confirmation "ROL 1st show"?

For the show and dining it will be me, DW and DD6, we haven't been before is it worth it?

I tried similar call for adding o from a res we had for tusker house. I was told that regular adr res are different than ROL with dining because they have a set amount reserved aside so you cant alter a regular res to add ROL to it. I have also been told...from my agent that if you happen to run late for a dining reservation...or know you will be late, call and let them (the restaurant) know and they will work with you. So if you keep the 830 with rol and maybe see about getting there at 845, you still will keep ur res and take advantage of some of the emh but be sure to call and let them know you will be a little late so you dont get the cancel fee. Please someone let me know if I am wrong on this, but that is what my agent told me...and I believe a cm as well on the phone before. Good luck! :-)

I tried similar call for adding o from a res we had for tusker house. I was told that regular adr res are different than ROL with dining because they have a set amount reserved aside so you cant alter a regular res to add ROL to it. I have also been told...from my agent that if you happen to run late for a dining reservation...or know you will be late, call and let them (the restaurant) know and they will work with you. So if you keep the 830 with rol and maybe see about getting there at 845, you still will keep ur res and take advantage of some of the emh but be sure to call and let them know you will be a little late so you dont get the cancel fee. Please someone let me know if I am wrong on this, but that is what my agent told me...and I believe a cm as well on the phone before. Good luck! :-)

Yes, about not changing from regular ADR to ROL DP. Yes, to calling and letting them know about being late. Also, we have been late, phone died & couldn't call, but had no trouble being seating about 30-40 minutes late (bus issues & we had left early for FP+ before & ADR), we did received a FP+ "ticket" but we were seated quicker with calling vs not calling, not sure if normal or just how it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter