Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I finally managed to book a Tusker House package for lunch on the date we were looking for! I just wanted to double check that it's still character dining during lunch? Thanks!

Yes, Tusker House is a character meal for all meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner.

So true. I started checking the day it was announced, couldn't check when announced due to outpatient procedure. So I've stalked the website daily, it seems every 5-10 minutes. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night. o_O Finally got TH for 10:40am, the 8:10am 3 days ago. Today I struck gold, pixiedust: got 9:10am. :tinker:YEEESSSS! So excited! Woo-hoo!:tigger:
Sounds just like my ADR saga! I finally started planning out our park days and decided to do AK and HS on April 11th (Easter WeeK:eek:). I need to save my FP for the afternoon at HS, so I can't book one for ROL until day of after I use all my HS FPs. And you KNOW there will be none left! So I booked a ROL Tucker House breakfast package. I wanted either 8:00 AM (pre-park opening) or 10:50 AM (brunch). I got a 10:40 earlier in the week, but today I scored an 8:10AM!!!!!!!

Add me to the "waiting for August" list. ROL package is the only thing I don't have yet that I want.

I'm waiting for September. My ADR date is coming up in a week. It's going to drive me crazy that the ROL packages aren't available yet.

My 180+ window opened this morning. I was able to get everything except the RoL dining package. Do we know what the hold up is? Why no availability for the first week in September?

Apologies if this has been asked already but I asked in another thread and they sent me over here to ask you lovely people:)

For the ROL dining package the cost is $67 per adult, not including tax or tip

If I chose to pay out of pocket, it would be about $90 with tax and tip rounded up. That is a better deal than two TS credits, right? If I book the package and pay oop with a gift card, i can use those 2 credits on the two days I dont have any ADRs.

Just wanted to confirm my math/value logic. Thanks on advance!!

Apologies if this has been asked already but I asked in another thread and they sent me over here to ask you lovely people:)

If I chose to pay out of pocket, it would be about $90 with tax and tip rounded up. That is a better deal than two TS credits, right? If I book the package and pay oop with a gift card, i can use those 2 credits on the two days I dont have any ADRs.

I used dining credits when I went to the Tiffins Rivers of Light dining package in February, for two reasons:
1) I was not short on dining credits
2) I thought I could not use Tables in Wonderland for the ROL dining package.

It turned out that I did get a TiW discount on my drink and my kid's meal, for which I did not use dining credits. YMMV. If I had known that, I might not have used dining credits.

I used dining credits when I went to the Tiffins Rivers of Light dining package in February, for two reasons:
1) I was not short on dining credits
2) I thought I could not use Tables in Wonderland for the ROL dining package.

It turned out that I did get a TiW discount on my drink and my kid's meal, for which I did not use dining credits. YMMV. If I had known that, I might not have used dining credits.

TiW is not available towards special dining packages like Fantasmic etc but is available to out of pocket items.
So you could have used your TiW for Tiffins without the ROL Package and just gotten FP+ for the show.

I would expect TiW site to be updated -

"Tables in Wonderland is not valid toward Fantasmic Dinner Packages, Food and Wine Festival Dining events, Candlelight Packages, or any other Special Dining Package Events. Tables in Wonderland is not valid toward Chef’s Tables at Disney Signature Restaurants. The Tables in Wonderland discount applies only to food and beverage, not merchandise or photo imaging."

TiW is not available towards special dining packages like Fantasmic etc but is available to out of pocket items.
So you could have used your TiW for Tiffins without the ROL Package and just gotten FP+ for the show.

I would expect TiW site to be updated -

"Tables in Wonderland is not valid toward Fantasmic Dinner Packages, Food and Wine Festival Dining events, Candlelight Packages, or any other Special Dining Package Events. Tables in Wonderland is not valid toward Chef’s Tables at Disney Signature Restaurants. The Tables in Wonderland discount applies only to food and beverage, not merchandise or photo imaging."
Yes, I would have done this if I could find FP+ for RoL. And I suspect that my TiW discount was a total fluke.

Yes, I would have done this if I could find FP+ for RoL. And I suspect that my TiW discount was a total fluke.

OK. It sounded from your post you thought you could have used TiW on the packages and therefore would not have used your DDP.

Well you should have gotten the TiW discounts on any drinks or food not covered under your meal plan/package. If you got alcohol or specialty drink that is not part of package so yes you can use your TiW.

Not sure why you got a kids meal, did your kid not have a ROL package?

OK. It sounded from your post you thought you could have used TiW on the packages and therefore would not have used your DDP.

Well you should have gotten the TiW discounts on any drinks or food not covered under your meal plan/package. If you got alcohol or specialty drink that is not part of package so yes you can use your TiW.

Not sure why you got a kids meal, did your kid not have a ROL package?
Yeah, the discount on the kid's order was the surprising part, since we both had the RoL dining package. I'm thinking the server took the discount out of habit and the system hadn't been coded to prevent that from happening, since the ROL dining package had just been released.

Whether it is best to pay for the package oop or use the ddp depends on what your other adrs are. Figure out what the oop costs are for all your meals and pay for the most expensive ones with the ddp

Does anybody know if you still get the 20% AP discount at Tiffins for ROL packages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter