Rise of the Resistance strategy - offsite guest

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! A friend is going to Hollywood Studios in early February. She's staying offsite, and doesn't want to pay for that ride (if it's even available to book that day for offsite guests). What's the best strategy for her to experience that ride? I've had good luck myself doing it near park close, but I worry about that strategy in case the ride goes down OR if it conflicts with the only Fantasmic show time of that night. Is park opening worth it for offsite guests? I guess I can study Thrill Data to see if there is any pattern to 'lulls' in the standby line throughout the days. I'd love to hear any feedback. Thank you!

We stayed offsite and were never able to get an ILL. We went an hour before closing, and waited just at an hour. We had friends go the day before 2 hours before closing, and they waited about 90 minutes.

Reactions: CJK
We did it 3 times at closing thanksgiving week. All 30-40 min wait woth posted 60-90 min wait each time. Their only option really is pay if available to wait it out or wait it out at night.

Reactions: CJK
Early morning for off sites guests will have a long wait most likely. We hopped in line during the last hour and it took 30-40 minutes. We got off and there was still 20 minutes left, we hopped on again for a shorter wait time. The best part is the park is practically empty (when we got off the second time) and we got great pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter