Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our experience was that we were able to get BG29 on Saturday. Loved the ride! Went back on Saturday and went through gates to Disneyland. Decided we would try from California Adventure so we started to get scanned in over there also. A worker at the gates then told us we wouldn't be able to get BG's from over there since it would log us out from Disneyland. We decided not to risk it so we rushed back in the Disneyland lines again with a few minutes to spare. We were lucky to get BG39
That is really odd. I don’t know why a CM would say that. Several people here have reported getting a BG from inside DCA after scanning into DL first.

That is really odd. I don’t know why a CM would say that. Several people here have reported getting a BG from inside DCA after scanning into DL first.

I often feel like folks here know more than the average CM about these things.

But to reiterate: there is no danger in checking into CA. Over at WDW, people have done the same and tapped into other parks and still get a BG (after checking into the needed park DLR or DHS)

Well, I mean wasn’t fine that it wasn’t a guaranteed or non backup. I had a backup, and it all worked out in the end which I’m thankful for. Didn’t look like it was gonna happen during that long long breakdown though.

Hey sorry, I didn’t mean to accuse you of doing something “wrong” although I admit my post read that way. My reaction was simply that I had been very stressed about this weekend (largely due to the stories I’d read on this board) and now, having been through it twice, I personally would never have concern about getting a BG again if I took the same steps I did in my post.

No doubt there are people who are less lucky, but I genuinely think those are a minority of experiences and it’s not worth losing sleep over (like I did Friday night). If you’ve had a bad experience, that sucks and I’m sorry, and you’ll obviously disagree. But I really just want to reassure the average lurker that the conventional wisdom on this thread worked for our group twice and for the ~ 6 other groups we talked to this weekend, so there’s no need to worry that you’re going to “mess something up”

Perhaps a better way to put it is: if you read this thread and know what you’re doing, then you have put yourself in the best possible position. There is no point in worrying as if you follow the conventional wisdom on this thread, you’re likely to get a boarding group, and if something goes wrong such that you don’t, it was out of your control anyways.

Anyways I’m glad you got to ride. If you post your experience (where you were, what happened with the app, what type of phone) it’d be helpful for the collective community to narrow down what the best strategy is.

I’ll also add that my whole experience is using iPhone and 5G. WiFi definitely seems riskier, and I know some people unfortunately have to use WiFi. I have no comment on Android, but we had zero “app crashes” across 5 iPhones and 2 days so I wonder if that is more common on Android. And obviously having multiple people/phones helps reduce the damage if one phone does crash, which I of course acknowledge is not an option for everyone.

I’ll also add that my whole experience is using iPhone and 5G. WiFi definitely seems riskier, and I know some people unfortunately have to use WiFi. I have no comment on Android, but we had zero “app crashes” across 5 iPhones and 2 days so I wonder if that is more common on Android. And obviously having multiple people/phones helps reduce the damage if one phone does crash, which I of course acknowledge is not an option for everyone.

I do think that there is a little more "weirdness" with the Android side of things, if only because there are a lot more hardware options that can influence things. This morning while playing along, one of my phones decided not to display any active "Join Boarding Group" buttons while the other did.

I think that part of the key is having as many devices as can be reasonably managed, and to work through the less than ideal scenarios such as "What will I do if my buttons don't go active within 5 seconds or so of going back and forth?" Having a contingency plan can help keep you from panicking. Having a second, third, fourth phone in the group is helpful.

It's also helpful to find a zen attitude of whatever happens, happens. If you are there for multiple days, chances are that even with a backup group every day you will get on at least once. 75% of the time they get to BG 100 or higher. I know this is easier said than done, as I'm a guy who used to lose sleep agonizing over my fastpass strategy and touring plan because I'm the guy who plans and the whole family counts on me. But in time I learned to trust my instincts and all the knowledge I've gained. This is much the same.

You can do everything right and still have things not work out. It sucks but it's the reality of the present situation. I believe this, too, shall pass. I kind of want to get down there and do this at least once, though. I'm now lobbying the family to maybe go the week after Easter, if I can swing it. We'll see how things go.

Hi Everyone,

We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel in March and will hopefully be taking full advantage of the extra magic mornings. How do the crowds for ROTR effect getting into Disneyland early for magic mornings? From what I’ve seen on YouTube it looks as though the lines are a lot of the times all the way to DCA. Are there separate lines to enter the park for extra magic mornings apart from the standard rope drop lines?
Thanks

I often feel like folks here know more than the average CM about these things.

But to reiterate: there is no danger in checking into CA. Over at WDW, people have done the same and tapped into other parks and still get a BG (after checking into the needed park DLR or DHS)
Agree - I’m one who got a BG while in DCA after scanning in to DL first, then headed to DCA - was standing in front of Trolley Treats af fhe time. Someone else reported getting a BG over by Soaring as well.

Hi Everyone,

We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel in March and will hopefully be taking full advantage of the extra magic mornings. How do the crowds for ROTR effect getting into Disneyland early for magic mornings? From what I’ve seen on YouTube it looks as though the lines are a lot of the times all the way to DCA. Are there separate lines to enter the park for extra magic mornings apart from the standard rope drop lines?
Thanks
Yes, there are separate lines for MM. Look for signage above the entrance gates for which ones are MM vs which say Entrance for non- MM guests. When I was there a couple of weeks ago MM gates were on the left of center closest to downtown Disney and regular gates were right of center but things can change as that is opposite of how it’s been in the past.

What time do they start scanning people in at the DTD Monorail entrance? If your ticket is scanned there, does that count you as "in the park"? Could one conceivably do this in time to get a BG at park open?

This is the list I made from all the helpful tips on here where people have gotten Guaranteed BGs in or near Fantasyland since that's where we wanted to start our day. We decided to wait by Plaza Inn last Saturday since it was 10 min until opening when they dropped the rope and our signals were good on our phones. We got BG 24. Good luck to those in the parks today!

Red Rose Tavern (across from Casey Jr. Train in FL)
Near Pixie Hollow
Near Refreshment Corner (left side main street, last shop)
In front of Plaza Inn (right side just before Tomorrowland)
Near Mr. Toad
By Tea Cups

Our experience was that we were able to get BG29 on Saturday. Loved the ride! Went back on Saturday and went through gates to Disneyland. Decided we would try from California Adventure so we started to get scanned in over there also. A worker at the gates then told us we wouldn't be able to get BG's from over there since it would log us out from Disneyland. We decided not to risk it so we rushed back in the Disneyland lines again with a few minutes to spare. We were lucky to get BG39. Actually loved the ride more the second time than the first time. Hopefully the lines will die down before we are able to go again in May or June.

You knew this was not true. Next time, correct the CM. Sometimes they really don't know! I had to visit first aid after we got out BG because my son cut his finger and it was bleeding. I was chatting with the ladies in there and they had NO idea you could leave the park after scanning in to get a BG. They were like "that's really smart to get away from the crowds, I'll have to try that next time."

I find that lots of cast members don't know EVERYTHING about the parks and the ins and outs and little tricks we all know from being crazy obsessed fans, LOL.

They are usually happy to be corrected or told something they don't know, as long as you do it in a friendly way.

Hopping doesn't "log you out" of the previous park. That's not how the system works. Otherwise, Maxpass wouldn't let you get fastpasses in either park the way it does.

Last edited:
There were 7 of us and I wasn't about to risk being the bad guy if we didn't get BG's. She wasn't just the regular ticket scanner, either. She was one of the CM's that wander about the ticket scanners helping them with questions that come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter