Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officially 2 hours down and 2hrs 20min in line. I walked to through the line to the merge point with FastPass. Asked the cast member there to go to the bathroom. She was polite and said I should go to Hungry Bear as it’s faster. I exited through a side door, talked to the cast member who was at the front of the attraction so he’d remember me when I came back. Did my business. Cast member let me right back in. I walked to the same side door and met up with my party back in line. Still waiting.

The people waiting are on somewhat good spirits. Most sitting in the ground killing time. Lots of long faces I’ve seen about 20 people leave without coming back.

Thank you to all the reporters and analysts in this thread. All the practice and research paid off. I was worried as I didn’t get to the line until 7:18am, and I knew the last couple Sunday’s were crazy. But the rain seemed to scare some off so the line was not that bad at all and I was in the park by 7:36.

Stood by Plaza Inn. On Verizon, iPhone 8. Wife on Wi-Fi, iPhone 11. In practice at home I knew my phone never refreshes at opening and going back and in doesn’t work either. So I always have to go to My Status and join from there. That’s what worked today.

BG 38. Called at 11:47. Amazing ride. Well worth waking up so early and being in the rain.

Literally just got an announcement that they highly encourage us to reverse our direction and exit where we came in. They said it will be an extended downtime.

I’ve heard that before (opening day at Disney world) and waited for a bit but eventually decided to enjoy rest of park. Thankfully they got it going eventually and we just rode it then! The day is going still!

Last edited:
Maintenance guy is probably still at Sunday bruch lol
I figured if I didn't watch it would come back up, but dang...going on 3 hours now. I don't think we've seen a downtime like this since Jan 26.

There must be something to this "Sunday Curse."

8:00:01 is my guess
Actually, so far all days when BG1 is offered are 9AM opens, so I would guess 9:00:01

Edit: I see that this was already clarified

My guess is on Sundays the lead team technicians/imagineers take the day off leaving a less skilled/knowledgeable team in place to keep the thing running. Imagine the starship enterprise without scotty for a day.
It's gotta be something like that. If it were random, the odds of the 3 worst operational days since opening occurring strictly on Sundays are 3720:1 (OK, not really...but I don't feel like calculating it right now.)

Perhaps I can apply to be an understudy.

I know we got the Sunday curse going but I wonder if the weather is playing any factor into days down time. Especially since they actually decided to clear the line. Something they’ve avoided like the plague up until now.

Regardless they need to start training the less experienced team during the week or do something to rectify this. It’s kind of ridiculous how bad this ride gets one out of seven days

I figured if I didn't watch it would come back up, but dang...going on 3 hours now. I don't think we've seen a downtime like this since Jan 26.

There must be something to this "Sunday Curse."

Actually, so far all days when BG1 is offered are 9AM opens, so I would guess 9:00:01

Edit: I see that this was already clarified

It's gotta be something like that. If it were random, the odds of the 3 worst operational days since opening occurring strictly on Sundays are 3720:1 (OK, not really...but I don't feel like calculating it right now.)

Perhaps I can apply to be an understudy.

Even with a nearly 3 hour downtime it's still above the Sunday average. Which is insane.

bokeh_plot (3).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter