• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're physically on the ride you get a FP. You have to evacuate the ride. It doesn't matter how long the down time will be. If you're in line, you may just have to wait it out.
Not absolutely -- We were in line before the main ride and waited 20minutes for a short reset. We were not evacuated.

Not absolutely -- We were in line before the main ride and waited 20minutes for a short reset. We were not evacuated.
Where you on the ride though? Without spoilers, after first, but before second? I'm referring to second.

Anyone know if it's still down. I'm showing Group 45 as highest group called.

I'm so over this ride's problems. I'm sticking by my belief that it's going to be a mess for months if not years to come. But I'm kind of excited to see if they give anything out for failing to meet the "guaranteed" number, and it looks like there's a shot of that today. Unless they're planning on calling groups until 8:00 PM, when the park is supposed to close, and letting people stay in line. If they stop calling at 6:00, there's no way they'll be able to get through 35 groups in the next 2 hours.

1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back.

Wow.....after less than 4 weeks you are ready to condemn this ride for months and years to come !
Yeah, definitely months. Until it shows signs of becoming more reliable, I still foresee it becoming a Rocket Rods type situation, with constant breakdowns.

Here we are at the 4 week mark, and it's having perhaps the worst day since opening. 8 hours after opening, and stuck at 45 groups. I really don't see how they're going to get to 80 today, unless they just start calling groups and putting them in the line up until 8:00.

Before the 2nd ride (main ride). Trying not to be too specific -- the point - we were well into the experience and were NOT evacuated. Had a lot of fun with the CMs during that time too :)
We were paused probably where you were at one point. Had quite a lot of fun with the CMs. It's the only place in the park where the CMs don't have to say please and thank you. :)

Yeah, definitely months. Until it shows signs of becoming more reliable, I still foresee it becoming a Rocket Rods type situation, with constant breakdowns.

Here we are at the 4 week mark, and it's having perhaps the worst day since opening. 8 hours after opening, and stuck at 45 groups. I really don't see how they're going to get to 80 today, unless they just start calling groups and putting them in the line up until 8:00.

How quickly people forget. I would not call ROTR a Rocket Rods, but rather an Indiana Jones or Radiator Springs. Can no one remember how often RSR broke down for the first year or two until things were ironed out? Indiana was the same way. Whenever the bar is raised and technology is improved with a new state of the art attraction, this is to be expected and not everything can be predicted. In a computer RSR was supposed to run with something like 39 cars, they finally figured out after a great deal of trial and error and break downs that 34 is the right number of cars. There must be a period of test and adjust and it will improve. It will just take time.

I am just grateful for the Boarding Group for as long as we have it. At least you don't have to wait in a long line for your entire day. And to all those who say they would rather wait 3 hours than have boarding groups, if you think the line would only be 3 hours then you need to take a look at the facts. ROTR would have more like a 5-8 hour line and would be much more of a disaster. I applaud Disney for reaching for the stars on this one and actually delivering. Let's give credit where credit is due. Have patience and know this ride, unlike Rocket Rods, will be around for a very very long time.

We were paused probably where you were at one point. Had quite a lot of fun with the CMs. It's the only place in the park where the CMs don't have to say please and thank you. :)
Come to think of it; we had a 10minute pause on another time just after our longer wait -- while standing line - had a 'debate' with the CM on proper color shades and terminology. We're not rebel scum. we're the resistance. in other news --- back up 46-48. Three hours to crank 35 groups --- doable.

The sky is not falling. The ride had a rough afternoon, but it certainly isn’t one step forward, two steps back. I haven’t looked at the tables, but I believe we had a couple record breaking bests the past week. Seems more like it’s two steps forward, one step back. PROGRESS!

I also note that thousands and thousands of people get to ride every single day. And those who ride it are universally blown away. Seems like a great result to me.

Boarding Groups were called today at exactly 12:24PM. I was asking a CM what were our options because we had 1:15 reservation at Lamplight Lounge. And, as we were talking, the supervisor told us we didnt have to worry because we were going to be the first people to get on today.

So we thought we were having a brutal day --- 6pm with 57-72 and nice 25 group spread and 83 within earshot.

WDW today: '61 total Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular, 0 Backups - for a 5.1 BG per hour average (the long-term average not including today is 9.5).'

So we thought we were having a brutal day --- 6pm with 57-72 and nice 25 group spread and 83 within earshot.

WDW today: '61 total Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular, 0 Backups - for a 5.1 BG per hour average (the long-term average not including today is 9.5).'

Sounds like it’s been a rough day overall for the ride no matter where you were

This is what we call the lightning round.

I do think it is curious that we both had relatively horrible days. I am curious to see if we start mirroring each other more often if we are doing similar software/hardware updates in tandem. If that is the case, we will typically do better since we are 3 hours behind them and have more opportunity to react to issues as they are identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter