Rip, Ride, Rockit!

Well the radio station down here is S. Fla has posted up again that they have a live appearence on July 3rd. It was taken down about 3-4 weeks ago right after they put it up and now its back again.:goodvibes

Live Broadcast from Universal Studios

Friday, July 3rd, 2009

Universal Studios- Orlando

2pm-6pm

Join Lucy Lopez as she Broadcasts Live from Universal Studios to celebrate the Grand Opening of their new Rollercoaster "Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit!"

Bottom of the page

http://www.power96.com/index.php?page=212

Not true from what I've read in the press materials they've sent out. It's going to take about 16 seconds to climb the lift.

That's what I've heard too. From everything I've read and heard it will not launch you like the Hulk but will be a steady climb instead.

I just keep reminding myself that it's just like that old carnival ride where you rode up through the middle on your back like that to the top. Then you swirled down around the lift on a circular track. If I was able to climb a lift put together by carnies and survive, Rip Ride Rockit will be a piece of cake.

lol i know just what your talking about

toboggan01.jpg

It is actually going to launch you fast.

If you go watch the animated video on the RRR website (the one where you're in the "front seat") you can see the chain and the anti-rollback system. They did a great job on the video too! I can't wait to ride!!

Well the radio station down here is S. Fla has posted up again that they have a live appearence on July 3rd. It was taken down about 3-4 weeks ago right after they put it up and now its back again.:goodvibes

Live Broadcast from Universal Studios

Friday, July 3rd, 2009

Universal Studios- Orlando

2pm-6pm

Join Lucy Lopez as she Broadcasts Live from Universal Studios to celebrate the Grand Opening of their new Rollercoaster "Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit!"

Bottom of the page

http://www.power96.com/index.php?page=212

Ooooh - this would totally make our vacation! This weekend is our surprise weekend for my step son....Heres to hoping!

Would love to see it open then. Booked a day at rpr to go up for 3rd/4th. Crowds will be overwelming but I would love to get a ride on the new coaster!

Would love to see it open then. Booked a day at rpr to go up for 3rd/4th. Crowds will be overwelming but I would love to get a ride on the new coaster!

I hope it's open for you by then but no one's really sure yet. I'm either gonna plan a short trip when it opens or just wait for Horror Nights..

I hope it's open for you by then but no one's really sure yet. I'm either gonna plan a short trip when it opens or just wait for Horror Nights..

Yeah I don't have my hopes too high till I hear something official from Universal. We are trying HHN out this year have never been, so was going to get to ride it then but I wanted to get away for a cpl days since I will be working a stupid amount this Summer.

If July 3rd weekend is possible opening is it possible to have a soft opening sooner? Just curious if anyone thought there was a chance. I know it is wishful thinking but we'll be down next weekend and hoping to get lucky.

If July 3rd weekend is possible opening is it possible to have a soft opening sooner? Just curious if anyone thought there was a chance. I know it is wishful thinking but we'll be down next weekend and hoping to get lucky.
Anything is possible at this point but I don't see it opening that weekend...it's just a hunch.

A My Cousin Vinny reference, nice.:thumbsup2
:rotfl:

Interesting about the Power 96 ad for a live broadcast at the July 3 opening...I screen captured the ad and did an Examiner piece about it yesterday. Lo and behold, the ad disappeared today!

Interesting about the Power 96 ad for a live broadcast at the July 3 opening...I screen captured the ad and did an Examiner piece about it yesterday. Lo and behold, the ad disappeared today!
I seriously doubt Universal will open the HR3 on July 4th weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter