• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ringtones!

What kind of phone? I have a Nokia and it uses it's own software to upload ringtones without need internet on my phone. I hook the phone up to my USB cable (have a USB on my monitor) and then I can download the ringtones to my PC and upload them to my phone with the software. With my phone it's the Nokia Ovi Suite software.

ETA: I'm using Myxer to download ringtones.

I have a Samsung Solstice. I'm sure there's a USB cable for it somewhere (it has a jack for it on the phone, I've never used it though)

It might be worth looking into! Thanks for the idea :thumbsup2

***Nevermind I figured it out! :)

Need help! I downloaded some ringtones via my computer which is also the computer that has my Itunes account on it. I see the ringtone in my Itunes ringtone library but they aren't syncing to my phone! Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Is it b/c I didn't download the songs via my Iphone?

TIA!

You have to go into your itunes options and tell itunes to synch your ring tones (it's disabled by default).. that should set you up.

I really wanted to set the monorail as my text tone, but my phone will only let me use it as a ringtone =[

Hi, I sort of have the same problem as the above poster. I have been able to change my SMS alert to the monorail voice when DH texts me but I can't find out how to set it as a default alert for all SMS messages.

I am a verizon user and have the blackberry storm 2 (9550).

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a different blackberry...to change mine...I went into the volume profile normal, then scrolled down to "advanced" and had to scroll down to "messanger alert and messanger new message" and choose the monorail for each. I also set it for sms text and mms just to cover all the bases!!! Now it works when I get a tesk! For each I also picked for both in holster and out of holster since I have no clue what that means!!

I hope that helps! :thumbsup2

I also added a bunch of new ringtones last night!!!

http://www.myxer.com/artist/37553922/

I have a different blackberry...to change mine...I went into the volume profile normal, then scrolled down to "advanced" and had to scroll down to "messanger alert and messanger new message" and choose the monorail for each. I also set it for sms text and mms just to cover all the bases!!! Now it works when I get a tesk! For each I also picked for both in holster and out of holster since I have no clue what that means!!

I hope that helps! :thumbsup2

I also added a bunch of new ringtones last night!!!

http://www.myxer.com/artist/37553922/

Thanks...I'm going to play with it again to see if I figured it out. It's strange, when I go into the sounds menu and look at the messaging settings, monorail is listed as the alert sound. But when I get a text it's different. I had to go into DH's contact info and change the alert specifically through his contact page in order for his text work as monorail. UGH. It'll stink having to do that for all of my contacts individually :eek:

I'm going to move this to our theme parks community board.

I have Verizon, so it wouldn't work for me, but I found the Monorail on PhoneZoo, and now I have it set as a tone. :thumbsup2

Hey Everyone! I got the nicest PM today from a DIS-er who really enjoys my ringtones! Thanks!

So far you guys have downloaded my ringtones over 600 times!

The most popular ringtone?....Be Our Guest!

I have also started adding WDW cell phone wallpaper too! I have just submitted a bunch more and I'm just waiting for Myxer to approve them..check back often.

http://www.myxer.com/artist/37553922/ :banana::cool1::woohoo:

Update....I've had disney ringtones on Myxer for months now! My ringtones have been downloaded nearly 17,000 times! :lovestruc

I just have to say: :disrocks::thanks: !!!

I just got a new cell phone tonight and was really sad that I would be losing my Main Street Electrical Parade ringtone that I've had for years. I had gotten it from Myxer and when I went back there tonight to try to find it again, I found out I could no longer use Myxer with Verizon. (Even though it worked last time.) After browsing the ones available on Verizon and being so disappointed in the selection, I came here to my trusty DIS friends, searched "Disney ringtones" and found this thread. I saw that others had used Phonezoo with Verizon, so I thought I'd try it - and I found my same MSEP ringtone! So, I'm a happy DIS-er now, with a new phone and the same old ringtone. :banana: Something small, but makes me :yay:.

So, thanks, DIS!

PS: Supersuperwendy, I bet the Myxer ringtones I liked - Illuminations and others - were yours, but Verizon wouldn't let me have them. Nice job! :thumbsup2

Thank you SuperWendy! My phone died this week and it was sooooo nice to come here and find all my ringtones again. I'd be lost now without them. I can't tell you how many people have laughed and commented to me when they hear my Monorail text message notification in the middle of a store. :lovestruc Thank you yet once again for creating all these.

I'm happy you like them Jazz!! I haven't been on myxer for a while...maybe I'll make some new wallpapers today! :goodvibes

I just got the HTC Evo and I can't figure out how to make something a "notification" tone...for my text msgs. :( What will I do without my monorail?! At least I got the ringtones to work. :)

Anyone have an Evo and know how to do this?? I was a BBerry girl before this....learning curve. LOL

Hi Jazz...

My husband has the Evo, I think he figured out how to set a downloaded tone for texts. I'll ask him tonight and let you know!

I just checked myxer and my ringtones and wallpapers have been downloaded over 31,000! I just submitted new wallpapers for approval so check back soon!

Ok..just checked with my husband and my daughter and neither have figured out how to make my myxer tones into text tones on their Evo. I read about other HTC phones that said download the ringtone to your PC then add it to your memory card. I'm not sure if you can take MP3 from your memory card and set it as a text tone on the EVO or not...but it's worth a try!

Thank you for checking! I will report back if I can figure it out. I can't even figure out where your files went after I downloaded them (they are not on the SD card)....but one of them IS working as my ringtone. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter