Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28

I'm so sorry to hear of Cathy's passing. Cancer is an ugly ugly disease and it affects the lives of so many. Sending prayers for her family.

:hug: I'm so sorry about Cathy.

Thank you April! :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear of Cathy's passing. Cancer is an ugly ugly disease and it affects the lives of so many. Sending prayers for her family.

Thanks Lisa. It is an ugly disease, and has affected several people in my life. And thank you for the prayers, I know her husband, 2 sons and grandkids will appreciate them. :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about Cathy. :( I'm going through something similar at the moment and I understand how you are feeling, sad but relieved she is not suffering anymore.

I'm going to do a WDW update in a minute, but first I wanted to say thanks again to everyone. Today was actually harder with Cathy having passed. I think maybe yesterday I was in a little bit of denial, but knowing today she is really gone is so hard. But I have a lot of friends that were also friends with her, and we've all been sharing pictures of her and talking about funny things she said and did, and that is helping a lot.

I will warn you that the updates for the next day are going to take a while. I took 600 pictures that day, and I plan on posting over 400 of them on here, so be prepared for it! :rotfl:

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 1

I woke up 25 minutes before my wake up call from Stitch. I ate a granola bar, took a shower and left my room around 8:15am. Walking to the stairs I saw this sign:

001.jpg

Sometime overnight they painted the walls near the stairs and elevator. I made my way to the Animal Kingdom bus stop and only waited a short time.

002.jpg

003.jpg

After an 11 minute ride I was at Animal Kingdom!

005.jpg

006.jpg

The official opening time was 9am, but they opened the turnstiles at 8:44am and let us go to the Tree of Life. I was close by the front while waiting, and got some pictures as I waited for them to let us in the park.

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

I'm sad they no longer have an opening show at AK. At 9am they disconnected the ropes and let us in, following the CMs that led the way of course. I made my way here:

017.jpg

To get to this, my favorite attraction in AK, and maybe all of WDW:

018.jpg

I made it on the first safari truck of the day! I reminded myself which animals I would (hopefully) see

019.jpg

And then we were making our way in!

020.jpg

I'm just going to post pictures of the animals we saw along the way here. If you have any questions about any specific animal or picture just quote it and ask!

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 2

More animals on the safari:

029.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

All in all I was happy to see almost every animal they have!

NEXT TIME: MORE ANIMALS!

Awesome photos from the safari!!! I can't wait to see more AK photos. :thumbsup2

Awesome photos from the safari!!! I can't wait to see more AK photos. :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes And don't worry, not only do I have the rest of this days AK photos, but I went to AK a second day and did the Wild Africa Trek, so I have a TON more pictures from AK. :rotfl2:

I absolutely love the Animal Kingdom pictures. It looks like the animals on the safari were up and about that morning which explains why you had so many great shots. :thumbsup2

I absolutely love the Animal Kingdom pictures. It looks like the animals on the safari were up and about that morning which explains why you had so many great shots. :thumbsup2

They were up and moving that morning! I think the only animals I didn't see were the Bongos and Lioness, which both make an appearance later on in a future update :thumbsup2

Wow...you got some great pics of the Tree of Life while waiting to get in and some awesome pictures on the Safari. I love the Safari...especially the giraffes.

Wow...you got some great pics of the Tree of Life while waiting to get in and some awesome pictures on the Safari. I love the Safari...especially the giraffes.

Thanks, I got more great pics of the Tree of Life later on that I'll post. And stay tuned, I went back on the safari a few times and got a TON more giraffe pictures :goodvibes

I'm going to do a WDW update in a minute, but first I wanted to say thanks again to everyone. Today was actually harder with Cathy having passed. I think maybe yesterday I was in a little bit of denial, but knowing today she is really gone is so hard. But I have a lot of friends that were also friends with her, and we've all been sharing pictures of her and talking about funny things she said and did, and that is helping a lot.

I will warn you that the updates for the next day are going to take a while. I took 600 pictures that day, and I plan on posting over 400 of them on here, so be prepared for it! :rotfl:

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for warning me that tomorrow will be harder. I totally understand the little bit of denial. It just doesn't feel real, like nothing has changed.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for warning me that tomorrow will be harder. I totally understand the little bit of denial. It just doesn't feel real, like nothing has changed.
Wow, some of those photos are phenomenal!

I hope tomorrow isn't much harder for you. I think maybe that fact that you saw her for her last few days might make it easier for you. I last heard from Cathy a few days before she passed, so while I knew it was coming, I wasn't as prepared as you were. If that makes sense!

And thank you about the photos. I really love my camera! :goodvibes

I hope tomorrow isn't much harder for you. I think maybe that fact that you saw her for her last few days might make it easier for you. I last heard from Cathy a few days before she passed, so while I knew it was coming, I wasn't as prepared as you were. If that makes sense!

And thank you about the photos. I really love my camera! :goodvibes

Yes, it makes sense. Also a few days ago was harder when I got the news that it was close to the end, than the actual end.

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 3

After riding Kilimanjaro Safari I got a Fastpass to come back later.

059.jpg

Since I was right beside it, I went into the Pagani Forest Trail.

060.jpg

First up were the Black and White Colobus Monkeys

062.jpg

063.jpg

Then the other side of the Okapi's

064.jpg

A frog

065.jpg

Some of the fish in the Hippo Tank

067.jpg

And then the bird aviary:

066.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

Once I got done in the Aviary I was on the other side of the Hippo Tank, where I could actually see the Hippo!

076.jpg

077.jpg

Then the Impala and Meerkats

078.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

A random Cardinal along the way!

085.jpg

Then the Gorillas, first thru the glass:

086.jpg

087.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter