More Gorilla thru-the-glass pictures:

088.jpg

090.jpg

Then some from the bridge outside:

091.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

I decided to go to Rafiki's Plant Watch next, since, once again, it was right there!

095.jpg

096.jpg

I just missed a train, so I took some pictures of the station while I waited for the next one.

097.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

101.jpg

After a few minutes another train arrived.

100.jpg

I got some pictures of the animals' overnight homes on the ride.

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

And then made it to the Conservation Station stop

109.jpg

Rafiki guided me in the right direction.

111.jpg

But the Tamarins were not being very cooperative for pictures. This was the best shot I got.

113.jpg

Once I got to the building I took a TON of pictures of the murals on and in it!

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 5

More pictures of the animal murals in Conservation Station:

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

One of the MANY Hidden Mickeys in the mural:

134.jpg

They were doing a demonstration with snakes when I came in

139.jpg

Some of the inhabitants of the building:

141.jpg

142.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

They had a sloth in that day, I believe it was for a teeth cleaning, but I didn't write it down. You can't really see it in the crate, but I promise it's in there!

143.jpg

Rafiki was posing for pictures inside too!

150.jpg

After I finished up inside I went out to the Petting Zoo section. The pigs were not overly active!

152.jpg

Most of the sheep and goats were staying behind the ropes.

154.jpg

But a few were out and enjoying the sun and attention.

155.jpg

157.jpg

The Llama was relaxing in the sun.

156.jpg

As was the other pig

158.jpg

After I washed up I headed down the trail to the train back.

162.jpg

And quickly made it on a train! I took pictures of the sayings in my car.

164.jpg

166.jpg

Soon I was back in Harambe!

170.jpg

NEXT TIME: WHAT TO DO NEXT?

I am loving your AK photos! I was having serious WDW withdrawals today & you just totally filled the Disney void. Thanks!:goodvibes

More GREAT AK animal photos. I love the Meerkats...they crack me up. You got great gorilla photos too.

I am loving your AK photos! I was having serious WDW withdrawals today & you just totally filled the Disney void. Thanks!:goodvibes

I'm having withdrawals too, but doing this TR is helping some. It also makes me wish I was back there too though! :lmao:

More GREAT AK animal photos. I love the Meerkats...they crack me up. You got great gorilla photos too.

Thanks! The Meerkats are pretty funny. That gorilla that was by the bridge was pretty close, so getting those pictures was actually easy! :goodvibes

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for all the great pictures! The Pangani Trail is one of my favorites to explore. I would stand and watch the gorillas all day long if I could. I found myself searching your pictures of the murals for all of the hidden Mickeys I know are there. That's another place I could stand around in for hours.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for all the great pictures! The Pangani Trail is one of my favorites to explore. I would stand and watch the gorillas all day long if I could. I found myself searching your pictures of the murals for all of the hidden Mickeys I know are there. That's another place I could stand around in for hours.

You are very welcome! I love both the Pagani Trail and Maharrajeh Jungle Trek. And I found a TON more Hidden Mickeys than that one in the murals, but didn't want to have 2 updates of just mural pictures! :rotfl: The mural itself is gorgeous to look at, even without the fun of finding HMs all thru it.

I just joined your trip report. I've only made it through your first day but I can't wait to read more. I have always wanted to go to WDW solo. I was wondering what kind of camera you used. Your pictures have amazing clarity.

Can't wait to read more!
Stephanie

I just joined your trip report. I've only made it through your first day but I can't wait to read more. I have always wanted to go to WDW solo. I was wondering what kind of camera you used. Your pictures have amazing clarity.

Can't wait to read more!
Stephanie

Welcome! pixiedust: Thanks for joining in! Solo trips can be a lot of fun, since you can do whatever you want, ride what you want, skip whatever attractions you want, and no one will complain! :rotfl:

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix L120. And thanks, I love the pictures it takes!

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 6

I got back to Harambe and decided that since it was late enough to use my Kilimanjaro Safari FP, I might as well use it! I took a few pictures as I walked thru the line.

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

I was soon on a vehicle. I was in the front row this time, with an AWESOME guide, Ryan. He talked to me and the family sitting next to me quite a bit, as well as doing his whole spiel. He also answered any questions we had, and told us they had 40 safari vehicles running that day. I got some pics of his "bumper" stickers in his vehicle before we took off for our 2 week safari!

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

An artsy pic, just for the heck of it!

179.jpg

And then, the animals!

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

188.jpg

190.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

I thing SOMEONE who reads this TR may appreciate these pictures!

198.jpg

199.jpg

201.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 7

More animal/safari pictures!

202.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg

208.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

213.jpg

215.jpg

After I thanked Ryan for a wonderful ride (he really was great, and I filled out an applausogram for him later that day), I got an FP for later.

216.jpg

I was starting to feel hungry so I decided to head to Pizzafari for lunch. I took some pictures from the bridge on the way there.

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

I was at Pizzafari.

220.jpg

222.jpg

I got a cheese pizza with Caesar Salad and Chocolate Mousse for desert.

223.jpg

224.jpg

The pizza was a little overdone, but still tasted fine. The salad was good too. I'm not big into chocolate (I only got it because I was on the DP so desert was included), but I did take one bite and it tasted alright.

My favorite thing about Pizzafari are the GORGEOUS paintings in each of the rooms that cover the walls. I took pictures of everything in the room I was eating in.

225.jpg

226.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 8

Another picture of the walls:

230.jpg

The light fixtures in the room:

231.jpg

I finished eating and headed out, taking a pic of the room where you order on my way, with the butterfly walls:

233.jpg

On the outside of the building:

234.jpg

The walls in Pizzafari have a TON of Hidden Mickeys too, though I don't know how many you can see in those pictures. I headed back toward Africa. I was done in Harambe for now, but wanted to walk the pathway between Africa and Asia to see if DeVine was out. No DeVine this time though, but I did get some other pictures along the way.

236.jpg

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

Soon I was in Asia!

240.jpg

241.jpg

243.jpg

I stopped to take some pictures of the Gibbons

244.jpg

245.jpg

248.jpg

A picture of some of the prayer flags...

249.jpg

...then I headed into the Maharajah Jungle Trek

250.jpg

251.jpg

First up was the Komodo Dragon

253.jpg

Then some ducks along the walkway

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

Then, Lisa's favorite, the bats!

257.jpg

258.jpg

259.jpg

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 8

Next up came my favorite animal of all, the Tigers! This one was quite interested in something in the distance...

262.jpg

And what was it staring at? Why, these of course!

263.jpg

Think he/she was hungry? :rotfl2:

I got a pic of the mural (with Hidden Mickey!) and then a lot more Tiger pics!

266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

273.jpg

274.jpg

275.jpg

Then some deer and cattle pics

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

279.jpg

And some more scenery and props along the walkway

281.jpg

282.jpg

One more tiger pic as I walked around the other side, and the cattle too

284.jpg

285.jpg

The stone work on the wall

286.jpg

NEXT TIME: BIRDS AND YETIS! AT LEAST ONE OF THEM MOVES...

Life Update: I still don't know if Steve and I are going on a vacation in December, and if we are, if it will be to WDW or not. When I talked to him late last week he hadn't really had time to think about it. He was trying to get a small business loan for his company (which wound up falling thru due to an issue with the person who was going to give him the loan :guilty:), running his business 7 days a week and trying to get an apartment. He is trying to give me an answer by the end of next week, so I should know soon!

Otherwise, everything is going well with me. Work is slower now that summer is over, but still busy enough. I went to a local annual country concert yesterday (Sunday in the Country). Craig Campbell, Janna Kramer, David Nail, Justin Moore, Thompson Square and Eric Church were all there and it was FANTASTIC. However, I do have a pretty sore throat today from all the screaming and singing! :rotfl: I still have a voice though at least, which makes answering the phones at my work much easier!

Be back soon with more updates and, hopefully, an answer to whether or not I'll be visiting WDW again in a couple months :goodvibes

Hope to be back with a TR update this afternoon, if my office computer and Photobucket cooperate! If they won't, I'll definitely do one tonight :goodvibes

I talked to Steve on Wednesday, but he was incredibly sick so I didn't ask him about the trip. He could barely talk or think, so I just helped him with what he called to ask me about and let him go to bed. I'll talk to him in a few days and ask then. Until then I'm going stir crazy waiting to know if I'm going to WDW in a couple of months! I did decide we would stay at CBR if we do go. He is big into the beach and water, so I know he will love it. And with FD I can afford it! I got a TA at Small World holding a room for 7 days for us so they don't book all the FD rooms before I get an answer. I just have to make a deposit by end of the day on Thursday. Now with my luck he will say yes, but that he wants to go somewhere else. :rotfl: Fine if he does though, I just want him to have a few days of no work and some fun. And me to have that too! But fingers crossed he says yes and WDW!! :wizard:

Be back later with an update :)

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 9

When I left off I was on the Maharajah Jungle Trek, just past the tigers and cattle. I entered the aviary next and, surprise surprise, took some pictures!

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

I exited the Jungle Trek I got a couple pictures of the Siamangs

296.jpg

297.jpg

Then a few pictures on my way to...

300.jpg

301.jpg

Mount Everest (or a concrete and steel facsimile of the great mountain :lmao:)

302.jpg

I made my way over to Expedition Everest, getting a couple of pictures as I headed toward the line.

303.jpg

304.jpg

I got right in the Single Rider line and there was only one person in front of me. I got a picture of the back of the "train", which is actually nicely detailed.

305.jpg

I was quickly on and sat next to a teenage boy who had ridden it 3 times already in his life, so he was not afraid at all. I decided to try to get some pictures during the ride (I hadn't tried during my previous 2 trips). Here are 2 I took looking to each side going up the biggest hill outside. In the first one you can see The Swan and Dolphin hotels on the left side of the picture, and Hollywood Studios on the right side (ToT and the Mickey Water Tower are easy to make out). In the second one you can see the Tree of Life and....trees.

307.jpg

308.jpg

I also took 2 pictures at the top, before you go backwards. I also got an okay one of the Yeti projection inside the mountain.

309.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

And a redneck ride photo. I'm in the back, not doing anything special this time, though the people in both rows in front of me are doing some nice faces!

312.jpg

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 10

I got right back in the Single Rider line.

313.jpg

I was seated next to a gentleman this time that had ridden it 3 times in a row so far. I got a bunch more pictures while riding this time.

317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

320.jpg

321.jpg

322.jpg

323.jpg

On the right side up top seems to be a hair tie burial ground!

324.jpg

And a redneck picture with me trying to act afraid.

328.jpg

I headed over the bridge to Dino-rama next.

329.jpg

330.jpg

331.jpg

332.jpg

333.jpg

And got in line for Dinosaur!

334.jpg

I took a TON of pictures while in line, which wasn't too long. I didn't write it down, but I think it was only about 10 minutes.

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

338.jpg

339.jpg

340.jpg

341.jpg

342.jpg

343.jpg

DAY 4, TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH, PART 11

More pictures from the line of Dinosaur:

344.jpg

345.jpg

347.jpg

348.jpg

349.jpg

350.jpg

351.jpg

352.jpg

I was soon in the first room to watch the video with the guy from CSI and Mrs. Huxtable! :lmao:

357.jpg

Then off to wait a bit more inside. First picture is the tubes that supposedly have the chemical formulas of ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard on them. A couple more pictures while waiting too.

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

I look slightly stunned here, but in reality I just forgot which Dinosaur took the picture and didn't make the face I wanted to make!

362.jpg

I headed past Hester and Chester's area, but didn't really stop in there except to use the bathroom.

365.jpg

I headed toward Discovery Island next, getting a couple of pictures before making my way to the Tree of Life.

366.jpg

367.jpg

And lots of Tree of Life pictures!

368.jpg

369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

373.jpg

374.jpg

And the Jane Goodall Chimpanzee, which I hadn't noticed before. Not the best pic, but you can tell what it is.

375.jpg

NEXT TIME: IT'S TOUCH TO BE A BUG, AND MORE ANIMALS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter