Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 9

A couple more pictures from Canada's garden.

210.jpg

211.jpg

I headed back to Future World, getting a picture of Spaceship Earth and the fountains before heading to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

212.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

Mine, Mine, Mine?

220.jpg

Then I headed in for the Finding Nemo attraction.

221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

226.jpg

Then pictures of the animals inside.

230.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg

241.jpg

243.jpg

245.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 10

More pictures of the aquatic life inside The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

Then I got some pictures from the large tanks.

252.jpg

255.jpg

258.jpg

262.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

I was about to leave when Scuba Mickey got in the tank. I got a couple of pictures before people started crowding in so I left.

260.jpg

261.jpg

267.jpg

I headed over to Spaceship Earth next. I only waited about 2-3 minutes to ride, but got a few pictures as I went in, then got on.

268.jpg

269.jpg

270.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

273.jpg

We got stopped around the top of the sphere. They made the announcement that it was only a brief stop, but several people around me started complaining loudly anyway. That is, until the person in front of me shouted that the brief stops were usually to let someone in a wheelchair on the ride. That shut them right up! :thumbsup2 I got a good picture where we stopped, then the Earth before I started working on my Future!

274.jpg

275.jpg

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

I took a picture of the survery marker near the ride...

280.jpg

then tried to decide where to head for dinner. Where do I go?

NEXT TIME: DINNER, AND NOT FEELING SO GOOD!

Somehow I totally lost my subscription to this. I'm off to bed in a few minutes, but promise to be back tomorrow to catch up.

Somehow I totally lost my subscription to this. I'm off to bed in a few minutes, but promise to be back tomorrow to catch up.

Don't feel bad, I was gone for a while, so you didn't miss much! I need to get over to your thread myself :thumbsup2

Oh good, I didn't miss out on too many updates during my time away from the Dis. Great pictures of World Showcase, including Canada. When you mentioned them in my TR I thought I must have forgotten about that part of your TR, but you just had not posted it yet. LOL

Scubadiving Mickey is so cool! I didn't even know he existed!

Oh good, I didn't miss out on too many updates during my time away from the Dis. Great pictures of World Showcase, including Canada. When you mentioned them in my TR I thought I must have forgotten about that part of your TR, but you just had not posted it yet. LOL

Scubadiving Mickey is so cool! I didn't even know he existed!

I knew the Canada update was coming up for me, that's why I mentioned it on yours. :) I had heard about Scuba Mickey, but had never seen him before. He was pretty cool!

Real life update: So, reading everyone's TRs (I'm looking at all of you, Lisa, Mel, Kathy, April...;) ) has made me REALLY want to be back in WDW. So I might, and it's still very much a MIGHT, be going to WDW for a couple of days the beginning of December :goodvibes I'm definitely take a short 4-5 day vacation Nov 30th/Dec 1st-Dec 4th, but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet. My friend Steve's birthday is during that time period and I'm trying to convince him that we should do a quick vacation together for it. He had a HORRIBLE birthday month last year and I want to help him have a better one this year. Last year within a few weeks of his birthday his dog, that he loved like a daughter, passed away unexpectedly, he lost his part-time job and his marriage ended. When I mentioned his birthday while talking to him yesterday he said he was avoiding thinking about it as it depressed him, especially from his dog passing as he still misses her terribly. Even if I can convince him to do something I don't know for sure we will do WDW, we may go to the Keys instead. But I'm excited thinking that we may go for a few days. And if he completely refuses, I may just go for a couple days alone.

Again, it is still definitely a maybe, but considering 24 hours ago I thought it would be at least a year or so before I got to go back, I'll take it :goodvibes

LOVE the photos....and I'm all caught up.

I hope you can talk your friend into a trip. Selfishly, I hope it is Key West only because your days fall a couple of days short before I get to Disney for Mark's surprise b-day trip and I won't meet you. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously, I hope you can talk him into going away with you. I remember you telling us about his last birthday and losing his dog, his job and his wife.

Looking forward to more.

LOVE the photos....and I'm all caught up.

I hope you can talk your friend into a trip. Selfishly, I hope it is Key West only because your days fall a couple of days short before I get to Disney for Mark's surprise b-day trip and I won't meet you. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously, I hope you can talk him into going away with you. I remember you telling us about his last birthday and losing his dog, his job and his wife.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I actually double checked your dates for December to see if we would be there at the same time (if we go), and was sad that we wouldn't be. I really hope he agrees to go too, as he hasn't been on a vacation in years and really needs the distraction and fun. I'm going to do all I can to convince him. I haven't heard back since I emailed him about it yesterday morning, but I know he is working 12 hour days this weekend and tomorrow so I don't expect to hear anything from him for a few days still. *Fingers crossed* as I'm already planning the vacation all out, without even knowing if he will agree to any vacation, and if he would want to go to WDW :rotfl2:

I hope that you get to go to WDW again in December. Sorry for making you want to go back. :rotfl: I want to go back SO BAD, but right now it looks like the January trip has a 1% chance of happening. :sad2:

I hope that you get to go to WDW again in December. Sorry for making you want to go back. :rotfl: I want to go back SO BAD, but right now it looks like the January trip has a 1% chance of happening. :sad2:

I hope I get to go in December too! I've wanted to go back since I left the property in February :rotfl: I hope that 1% chance happens, so you can go back soon too!

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 11

After Spaceship Earth I realized two things. One, I was getting hungry, and two, I also didn't feel so good. I hoped that I didn't feel good since I was so hungry, and decided to head to Liberty Inn at American Adventure for dinner. It was around 5pm at that time. I had decided to eat there in case it wasn't just hunger making me feel bad. I didn't want to put anything spicy or that I don't normally eat on my stomach right then. I got the chicken tenders with fries, and the Smores cake for dessert.

287.jpg

288.jpg

The chicken tenders and fries were good. I only ate one bite of the cake since I didn't feel good, but it was delicious! While I ate I took pictures of the wall hangings that are in the restaurant.

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

They are the flags of the original 13 colonies. I sat for a bit after eating, hoping to feel better. Unfortunately, I didn't. Despite wanting to stay, I decided to leave and head back to the hotel to lay down and hopefully feel better. I didn't feel up to walking all the way back around the lagoon, so I waited for a boat to come to shorten the journey across.

289.jpg

I had just missed it, so I took some pictures while waiting to distract myself from feeling crummy.

291.jpg

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

296.jpg

297.jpg

298.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

303.jpg

Finally the boat came and I took some pictures as we went across the lagoon.

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

307.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 12

Right after I got off the boat a Photopass Photographer named Livvy stopped me. She said I looked down and needed cheering up. I told her that I didn't feel well and was leaving for the day, and she offered to take some pictures before I left. She was extremely nice, told jokes the whole time, and took a TON of pictures. Here are 2 she took with my camera:

308.jpg

309.jpg

I stopped at Guest Relations on my way out and filled out an Applausogram for her, since she really went out of her way to try to cheer me up and take great pictures. I took a few pictures on my way out too. Hey, I may not have felt very well, but I always take pictures! :rotfl2:

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

I got to the POP Century bus stop just as the bus pulled away.

316.jpg

Thankfully though another one pulled in right after it. There wound up being only 6 of us total on the bus as it pulled away. According to my notes we left at 6:04pm and were back at POP at 6:12pm, so only 8 minutes! I got a few pictures as I walked to my room to rest.

319.jpg

320.jpg

321.jpg

A few pictures of AoA from my balcony, while it was still under construction.

322.jpg

323.jpg

324.jpg

325.jpg

326.jpg

And a sunset picture:

332.jpg

I laid down for about an hour and felt a little better. I headed over to Everything POP to exchange my mug lid for a new one, and walked around the store for a bit.

336.jpg

337.jpg

I checked out Fast Forward arcade since it's across from Everything POP, and used my 100 credits that I got for free with the package.

338.jpg

I wound up with some tickets that I turned in for a couple of cute little bear toys and a smiley face hacky sack that reminds me of a friend. I headed back to my room around 8:45pm and saw the pizza delivery van as I walked to my room.

340.jpg

I downloaded the pictures I had taken to my computer, watched a little tv, then went to bed.

NEXT TIME: ANIMAL KINGDOM! :goodvibes

I was going to do an update today, but I don't think I will feel up to it now. I just found out that one of my friends, Cathy, passed away this morning from ovarian cancer. If you read my PTR and saw my side trip to Utah last October that I talked about she was part of that trip. She hasn't been doing well since March and I was told 2 weeks ago that she probably didn't have long left. She and her husband went to their home on Caicaos a few days ago, so I'm comforted to know that she spent her last few days in her favorite place, enjoy the sunshine on the beach. My heart is so heavy right now, and aches for her husband and sons.

RIP Cathy.
ZiffleandCathy2.jpg

I was going to do an update today, but I don't think I will feel up to it now. I just found out that one of my friends, Cathy, passed away this morning from ovarian cancer. If you read my PTR and saw my side trip to Utah last October that I talked about she was part of that trip. She hasn't been doing well since March and I was told 2 weeks ago that she probably didn't have long left. She and her husband went to their home on Caicaos a few days ago, so I'm comforted to know that she spent her last few days in her favorite place, enjoy the sunshine on the beach. My heart is so heavy right now, and aches for her husband and sons.

RIP Cathy.
ZiffleandCathy2.jpg

I was going to comment on your update and then I saw this. I think you'll understand that I'll skip the update and just send you a big :hug: on the loss of your dear friend. I'm so sorry that Cathy lost her battle. I hope you find comfort in remembering the good years together. :hug::hug::hug:

I was going to comment on your update and then I saw this. I think you'll understand that I'll skip the update and just send you a big :hug: on the loss of your dear friend. I'm so sorry that Cathy lost her battle. I hope you find comfort in remembering the good years together. :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you so much! :hug: Cathy was battling ovarian cancer for over 2 years and had even moved from California to Texas in April to be close to a hospital where she had been accepted into a trial for her cancer, but she was never well enough to start the trial. The blessing is that she is no longer in pain, but she touched so many lives and had so much spunk that you felt like she could beat anything. I just signed up for a 5K they are holding on September 30th to benefit ovarian cancer in her honor. I hope I can raise a good amount in her honor.

And I certainly understand not commenting on the trip report update. I wouldn't have been offended if you did, but I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter