Rides or Resorts that need 2 be pitched or updated.

If you dont maintain your home and spend money on it each and every year it soon begins to look tatty and a great deal of work is needed, its also what's happened to the house of the mouse, the need to take a leaf out of Universals book. Sooner rather than later.

As much as it pains me to say this, I'd get rid of Stitch at MK and replace it with a new Stitch attraction. He's my favorite, so I would love to see him get an actual ride. And maybe some merchandise for adults while we're at it. And this sounds so bratty but I wish they hadn't wasted the money on New Fantasyland. BOG is fun to eat at but I really don't get the huge appeal of the area, I wish they had added in some better quality attractions. Belle's "attraction" is cute but the line moves slower than slow and I feel that it will lose popularity quickly since you can meet Belle in other places across WDW, and will end up being rethemed to something else in about 5 years. The voyage of the little mermaid is cute and nostalgic of the dark rides I grew up loving, but is something that should have come out in 1990-94, not in 2012. I'd also update the tomorrowland speedway and maybe incorporate Cars that way, not building an entire Carsland in another park.

I also wish they'd revamp the nighttime parade at MK and come out with something new. I loved Spectromagic and loathe the current main street parade and would love to see something new and innovative.

HS/MGM needs a total rehaul. It used to be our favorite park but the last 2 trips we haven't bothered going at all. My dad popped in to try out the revamped Star Tours but didn't stay for long. It's not even that the rides are terrible, it's just that the park seems to be neglected by Disney itself, traffic flow in this park is terrible (especially during Fantasmic line up and afterward), and we can get better thrills with smaller crowds and better park upkeep at Universal.

AK is actually pretty decent the way it is. Everest needs some help but otherwise the park isn't bad. I'd probably get rid of the bugs ride just because I hate it, but it's pretty decent quality wise. Same with Dinosaur. Hate the ride but it isn't terribly outdated or done poorly, it's just a personal preference. The park overall isn't something we spend a whole day at, it's just sort of there and as much as I loathe the idea of Avatar being in WDW, maybe it will increase some excitement and make it a full day park.

Epcot is now my favorite park and I wouldn't change too much, except I'd love to add actual attractions in some of the countries in the world showcase. I would get rid of Captain EO, it was a nice tribute but now it is time to let it go and put in something else.

The biggest thing I think Disney needs to ditch/update ASAP is their Limited Time Magic idea. I watch in horror every week or so as people on the Disney blog get excited to see and do things that used to happen daily at WDW.

Stitch needs to go. Utilize the space for an actual ride- this thing was a hot mess of horrible. Just clean it out, and put something new there. Something that actually moves, and can be called a ride.

I agree something needs to happen here,but I'm not sure there is enough room for a ride that moves I'm certainly not interested in a gravatron type ride and thats all I can see fitting.

I knew someone would bring this up! Carousel of Progress is such crowd-dividing ride; you either absolutely love it, or can't stand it. I happen to love it. Only downside is that the theme song is always stuck in your head for days after!

* We love the CoP! But you are right...I can sing the song now, just reading about it. lol

* We also love the Muppets 3-D. Maybe udpated it but I wouldn't know how I would like it. We love all the 3-D theaters.

* AK - Dino land/carnival land, just needs to go.

* Not a fan of the AK parade.

* Love the tomorrow land speedway.

* Some may disagree with me here, but as much as I love space Mountain, update it so i don't get a headache every time I get off. I never remember why I only ride it once on my trips until I get off the ride. lol

* I have only stayed in the All-star Movies and Music resorts. Not much to compare it to, but I like the movies better. Maybe change the carpet...other stuff is OK.

* Remove American idol and the Sound something stage in HS. Also update the GMR. Kind of boring, but we like seeing the props of the movies while waiting.

* remove stitch....dumb, dumb dumb "ride".

That is all I can think of now.

AK- A whole new area and Three words... FIX.THE.YETI.

I just said the same thing at work earlier today - The yeti needs some love.
I agree Muppets 3D needs some updating as does most of HS. I used to love HS and now I can't spend a day there without getting bored.
Finally did Tom Sawyer island and will never do it again.
It's a Small World just needs a bit of TLC - it has been looking a bit sad.

I love Peter Pan the way it is for some reason.
I agree that some more rides in WS at EPCOT would be great, but I believe that is left up to each country to invest in their own area. Norway spent a ton of money believing it would increase tourism - but I LOVE Maelstrom and the trolls!

DHS:

Muppet Vision - needs to be updated, not removed/replaced. Especially with Disney really looking to revive the franchise.

Great Movie Ride - update required, see long-running thread on this forum

LMA/Backlot Tour - replace with a real "Pixar Place"

Sounds Dangerous - replace with Star Wars Jedi Training (led by Yoda using "Turtle Talk" technology)

MK:

Stitch - remove! Either restore Alien Encounter or put something new in the space.
Speedway - replace, I think, with more of a simulator racing ride that has a higher ridership capacity.

Pooh/Peter Pan - refurb if possible to have multiple sets of identical (or even different) on different levels tracks to increase capacity

DAK:

I must be one of the few who like the park as-is; routine maintenance plus announced expansions should be sufficient for now.

Epcot:

Nothing that hasn't already been said except the usual call for more WS countries.

My only disagreement there is that "Tomorrowland" could work quite well as a nostalgic look at what the future was "supposed" to be like, from the perspective of the 50's-70's. But there needs to be a decision made at a high level -- is it a look at the tomorrow that is to come, or a look at the "tomorrow" of the past? Pick one and stick with it, but don't mix and match.

I completely agree about Stitch. I LOVED Alien Encounters. I can't believe they took it out to put Stitch burping chili dogs into my face. Gross! They need to get rid of that asap.

As for Epcot, I think they could update/add more rides to Future World. I don't go to World Showcase for the rides. I go to experience the "culture" and just relax.

AK needs more rides. I feel there is so much space being wasted there. The rides they have there are great! We just need more of them.

HS does need a lot of updating. I happen to love the Muppet Vision 3D and Indiana Jones. I do really enjoy the Great Movie Ride but I agree that it could be updated. More rides would be nice as well!

Another one for getting rid of stitch. It's not even that old and it seems outdated to me. I might take heat for this but I think buzz needs an update. It might be because I am so much fonder of TSM.
I think AK is great but they definitely could do something better with DinoLand.
Also these days I do find myself getting bored of Epcot. Test track just doesn't have the appeal it used to since the new update.
HS in general seems neglected and could use a little TLC. Would be awesome to get some new scenes in the GMR.

Oh NO! Please do not get rid of Swiss Family Treehouse. I would love a ride for Swiss Family Treehouse as well.

These are my ideas...

--MK--
1. Replace Stitch with Alien Encounter (or anything else for that matter)
2. Restore COP back to the Worlds Fair/Disneyland edition with the EPCOT model at the end
3. Remove the rails from the Speedway, convert to Autopia (use at your own risk)
4. Put Splash under for a few (6) months for a COMPLETE refurb.
5. Restore GiftShopLan... I mean Main Street back to the original (MSB, Exhibition Hall, Cinema, Penny Arcade, ...)
6. Do something with the wait times at PP (2 hours, really?)

--EPCOT--

1. Restore Journey into Imagination
2. Restore Test Track
3. Restore WOL or make a sequel to Horizons
4. Soarin' Over Florida???

--DHS-- (Where do I begin?)

1. BULLDOZE THAT HAT!!!!!
2. Update the Muppets Technology, don't remove the attraction altogether.
3. Make something out of the Backlot
4. Re-open the Animation Studio
5. Remove Cars from LMH (It's Cars EVERYTHING nowadays)
6. Muppet Land???

--DAK--

1. FIX THE YETI (on a side note, here is a funny broken-Yeti bashing video)
2. Why Avatar? Why not Brazil? All of the Brazilians will think they're home and decide to go there instead of WDW

MK
o Remove Stitch
o Country Bears – does anyone go to that anymore? Update or remove

EPCOT
o Needs more rides
o Do something anything with the empty pavilion that has body wars
o Replace Captain Eo with something else
o New fireworks show. Illuminations is getting old...

ANIMAL KINGDOM

o Dino Land – I like some of the rides but I hate the carnival theme Get rid of the midway games
o Fix the Yeti!

DHS
o Update the Great Movie Ride
o Do something new with the Sounds Dangerous and American Idol spaces

Make a Cars Land and Star Wars Land in any park

Update the Contemporary Hotel – there is nothing contemporary about it anymore. It just seems old

MK
o Remove Stitch
o Country Bears – does anyone go to that anymore? Update or remove

EPCOT
o Needs more rides
o Do something anything with the empty pavilion that has body wars
o Replace Captain Eo with something else
o New fireworks show. Illuminations is getting old...

ANIMAL KINGDOM

o Dino Land – I like some of the rides but I hate the carnival theme Get rid of the midway games
o Fix the Yeti!

DHS
o Update the Great Movie Ride
o Do something new with the Sounds Dangerous and American Idol spaces

Make a Cars Land and Star Wars Land in any park

Update the Contemporary Hotel – there is nothing contemporary about it anymore. It just seems old

Ditto that.
Especially get rid of Captain EO!!!! :crazy2:

MK: I'd love to see both Stitch's Great Escape and the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor bulldozed. Replace them both with a great dark ride like Monster's Inc Ride and Go Seek from Tokyo Disneyland.

HS: Muppets is good the way it is. I'm sure that Disney is hesitant to update it because it was Jim Henson's last project before he passed away. Disney should, however, get rid of that damn stupid hat. :headache:

Epcot: Captain EO, as a film, is adorable and should be spared. (I have yet to experience the new attraction.) Test Track 2.0 was a waste of time and funds. Looks like crap without the 'car test' theme and the two funny narrators. Now it just seems cold. I support retaining the theme of Future World as the 'what if?' of years past while maintaining a few attractions focused on what the future looks like to us now.

Three words: STAR WARS AREA.

AK: Fix Disco Yeti. Keep AvatarLand to a minimum, if at all-I like the idea of Pandora at night, but it just doesn't mesh with Disney-and bring in Beastly Kingdom.

We used to back in the day. When it is not crowded, we would put three of our girls on one game by themselves . Guaranteed win every time! Also when the "ring the bell" used to be open (years ago) That was a guaranteed win for many people. They closed that quickly.

Our kids love them too. We are also there early morning with a guaranteed win crowd level.

MGM-

Get rid of the hat. Move it out in front of the gates if they want to keep it.
New attractions/rides.
Update attractions- Muppets, Great Movie ride, etc
Bring back the street performers. If character meet n' greets are a cheap way to keep people occupied this should be too.

Now that the kids are too old for Playhouse Disney we pretty much grab TSM FPs, ride RnR and ToT, ride TSM, then StarTours and leave for the day by 11:30. B&B, Muppets, the stuntshows, and backlot tour, VotLM, and Fantasmic we can recite by heart at this point. During the holidays we'll come back around 8pm and walk thru the Osbourne lights

MK-

Bye bye Stitch
Fix Splash
TL speedway can go too. A Disney Quest type attraction would work here
When the princess M&G in Snow's space is done bring back the film on Walt
Bring back the penny arcade and cinema on Main St
better TS dining options
Bring back Spectro Magic

EP

Captain EO and EEA are so badly dated
Illuminations needs to be replaced too
Restore Journey into Imagination
A new film for Soarin. Digital please all the scratches are getting so noticeable
You've got the same issue that AK does, there are only 2 rides people really care about.
Get some of the children's museum designers to redo/beef up the educational stuff in the pavilions. Bring in a bit more of the Disney Quest technology

AK-

Fix the Yeti
Obviously it needs more rides to keep people around.

Resorts-

Bring back deluxe service at the deluxe resorts

Food-

bring the TS food back up to its past standards

MK: Stitch, Tiki Room

EC: Capt. E O, They need to put something in the pavillion where Body Wars used to be.
Journey Into Imagination

HS: Back Lot Tour, Muppet 3D, HS needs some new rides/attractions.

AK: Can't think of anything here.

I knew someone would bring this up! Carousel of Progress is such crowd-dividing ride; you either absolutely love it, or can't stand it. I happen to love it. Only downside is that the theme song is always stuck in your head for days after!

I rather have this theme song stuck in my head then the one from small world

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter