Rides or Resorts that need 2 be pitched or updated.

Bob Roberts

Mouseketeer
I will shoot first.

Parks

Muppet Vision 3D, The Great Movie Ride, and Indiana Jones Stunt Show all at DHS. They need to go or get updated.

Dinoland USA should get a complete overhaul and ret heme.

Tomorrowland and Future World at Epcot need 2 be updated.

Resorts

The Contemporary Resort: Same thing as TL and FW, NEED TO BE UPDATED.

That is all.

Bobby

I will shoot first.

Parks

Muppet Vision 3D, The Great Movie Ride, and Indiana Jones Stunt Show all at DHS. They need to go or get updated.

Resorts

That is all.

Bobby

I do not want any of the HS rides you mentioned updated, I really like them just the way they are. I also like Dinoland how it is, but coudl do without the stupid carinival games. Only rides I'd really like them to do away with are Stich, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Avatar land (if it happens).

Muppet Vision does need to be updated. The technology has come so far since it was introduced that it looks silly. Still probably my favorite part of DHS though. I love sitting in the Muppet Theater.

I am probably committing Disney heresey, but the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse was boring 30 years ago and hasn't gotten any better. Has the movie even been on TV in the past 25 years?

I agree about stitch.
I would also probably do something with the stunt show. and update peter pan. if muppets needs to be updated like some are saying then so does philharmagic...

I believe stitch really does need to go that wasn't great at all last time I went on it. Tomorrowland speedway should never go its one of those great fun classics but could do an update. Muppet vision shouldn't go but does need an update. But really anything in Hollywood studios is up in the air if some expansion project is actually brought on. AK could use some updating on the rides throughout the park I haven't seen much change in rides for about 5 years.

~LOL. This question is too difficult to answer, it's much easier to ask what doesn't need updating at WDW. But, I agree with most of the comments and I'll throw in the Poly for good measure. :goodvibes

I would say Imagination,Muppets for sure. Hollywood studios needs to be redone. More Rides! Epcot also needs updating and more rides,and so does Animal Kingdom. More Rides. I love Disney but they have to get more creative and design good rides. They ruined Test Track. Black boards with green lights flashing through it?

I will shoot first.

Parks

Resorts

That is all.

Bobby

Completely agree that Muppets 3D needs updated as does the Indiana Jones Spectacular and the Great Movie Ride, which is exactly as I remember it from my first visit to DHS in 1991.

Any park areas named "Tomorrowland" or "Future World" should be just that and able to be changed or updated to more accurately reflect what life may be like 20-30 years from now as opposed to 20-30 years from when MK opened. Same thing with the Contemporary Resort which is anything but contemporary. At least they could update the carpet....

Personally I wouldn't update Dinoland as it's one of my children's favorite places in AK and home to one of my favorite roller coasters.

Someone else mentioned updating the Poly, but I think by initial concept and design it is one of the only resorts that should never have to be updated or remodeled to keep up with current trends. However, along the same lines Swiss Family Tree House could use some updating or be taken out completely.

I believe that the World Showcase could use some major overhaul and massive expansion of better rides/attractions in every country.

I haven't tried going in a few years now , but last I knew Country Bears was half broken and was in bad need of an audio overhaul.

Get rid of Tomorrowland Speedway! Waste of a lot of space. How fun could it possibly be to drive in a car that sits on a guided track that you have no control over? Im always amazed that the line is as long as it is. This has 1992 written all over it!

Completely agree that Muppets 3D needs updated as does the Indiana Jones Spectacular and the Great Movie Ride, which is exactly as I remember it from my first visit to DHS in 1991.

Any park areas named "Tomorrowland" or "Future World" should be just that and able to be changed or updated to more accurately reflect what life may be like 20-30 years from now as opposed to 20-30 years from when MK opened. Same thing with the Contemporary Resort which is anything but contemporary. At least they could update the carpet....

Personally I wouldn't update Dinoland as it's one of my children's favorite places in AK and home to one of my favorite roller coasters.

Someone else mentioned updating the Poly, but I think by initial concept and design it is one of the only resorts that should never have to be updated or remodeled to keep up with current trends. However, along the same lines Swiss Family Tree House could use some updating or be taken out completely.

I believe that the World Showcase could use some major overhaul and massive expansion of better rides/attractions in every country.

I agree with everything you said.

Every time I take newbies to WDW they always comment about how the Contemporary resort seems so old and run down compared to the other resorts. I know its not rundown by any means but the theming is horrible. If it was 1976 I am sure I would think its the bomb but its not, its 2013 baby.

Splash Mountain = 158th worst ride on property.

Bobby Boy

DHS:

Muppet Vision - needs to be updated, not removed/replaced. Especially with Disney really looking to revive the franchise.

Great Movie Ride - update required, see long-running thread on this forum

LMA/Backlot Tour - replace with a real "Pixar Place"

Sounds Dangerous - replace with Star Wars Jedi Training (led by Yoda using "Turtle Talk" technology)

MK:

Stitch - remove! Either restore Alien Encounter or put something new in the space.

Speedway - replace, I think, with more of a simulator racing ride that has a higher ridership capacity.

Pooh/Peter Pan - refurb if possible to have multiple sets of identical (or even different) on different levels tracks to increase capacity

DAK:

I must be one of the few who like the park as-is; routine maintenance plus announced expansions should be sufficient for now.

Epcot:

Nothing that hasn't already been said except the usual call for more WS countries.

Any park areas named "Tomorrowland" or "Future World" should be just that and able to be changed or updated to more accurately reflect what life may be like 20-30 years from now as opposed to 20-30 years from when MK opened.

My only disagreement there is that "Tomorrowland" could work quite well as a nostalgic look at what the future was "supposed" to be like, from the perspective of the 50's-70's. But there needs to be a decision made at a high level -- is it a look at the tomorrow that is to come, or a look at the "tomorrow" of the past? Pick one and stick with it, but don't mix and match.

My only disagreement there is that "Tomorrowland" could work quite well as a nostalgic look at what the future was "supposed" to be like, from the perspective of the 50's-70's. But there needs to be a decision made at a high level -- is it a look at the tomorrow that is to come, or a look at the "tomorrow" of the past? Pick one and stick with it, but don't mix and match.

I don't disagree with that, but then if the decision was made to make it a nostalgic look at what tomorrow was supposed to be like in 1971 then rename it Yesterdays-Tomorrow-Todayland.

I agree that the Muppets needs updated.

Also at HS would like to see something go into Sounds Dangerous and American Idol building.

AK - could use another headliner.

MK - Update PP, make the speedway like Autopia at DL, get rid of Stitch

Epcot - would like to see another WS ride. Make some mini-pavilions like they did in 2000.

Carousel of progress, needs a complete makeover, and brought up to date.

Speedway, needs a redo, and some type of controls when you are reentering pit row that you can not slam into the person infront of you, my mom was injured on the ride in january, on our last visit a man was helping is young son out, of the car and some kid not paying attention slammed into them, knocking the boy onto the side walk and the dad, out into the lane.

Stich - just not my cup of tea.

Splash mountain, seems to need more maintaining, when we there is January they had it shut down and were working on it, hopefully this will help. Still love the theme.

Country Bears, so corny, but we love to go to it, lots of memories.

Tom Sawyers island - What is this about, the last several visits it has not been open - maybe turning it into cool eatry with lots of windows and some outside pavillons ( like at AK) would be nice and the ride on the boats would still be in place.

Jungle cruise - is in need of some updating, really a overhaul would be in order.

Agree with most of the above

Animal Kingdom could use something else but I dont agree with re-doing DinoLand- I think that is fine the way it is..

Maybe something "more kid friendly" at Epcot, My son loves Nemo there and we like some of the adult stuff.

Definitely do not like Stitch- we never even do it anymore. Never do Tom Sawyer Island anymore. Tomorrowland could use some updates but enjoy everything else. Does anyone know if Country Bears will re-open? That was just a childhood favorite and hate to see it go!

DHS- My 2nd favorite park but think that Lights Motor Action needs to either be chopped or do a different routine. I love The Great Movie Ride but think it might could use some updating and a different dialogue.

Marsheliz said:
Definitely do not like Stitch- we never even do it anymore. Never do Tom Sawyer Island anymore. Tomorrowland could use some updates but enjoy everything else. Does anyone know if Country Bears will re-open? That was just a childhood favorite and hate to see it go!

DHS- My 2nd favorite park but think that Lights Motor Action needs to either be chopped or do a different routine. I love The Great Movie Ride but think it might could use some updating and a different dialogue.

The MDE app says Country Bears is open... Almost positive I saw it open when we were there on Saturday. I just know with the latest refurbishment, it was shortened quite a bit.

And I agree with Stitch & GMR!

As for resorts, I'd like to for the rooms at Poly get a facelift. I can't justify spending the amount to stay there with the way the rooms/beds look.

Same with All Star resorts ... Sports isn't that bad but Movies and Music are outdated and run-down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter