Rides Ive never been on, but when I grow up Im going to!!!

prattpak

DIS Dad #479
So Ive never been on Ellen's Adventure in EPCOT. IS it worth the 40 minutes? Is it a boat ride? What is it?
There arent many I havent rode but this is one that I want to but dont know if it worth it.
Whats yours that you are curious about but havent yet?

Have yet to make it on Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania, or Buzz.....

Those 3 are on my list to accomplish on my upcoming trip. I'm sure there are many others that I haven't done but those are the main targets this time.

So Ive never been on Ellen's Adventure in EPCOT. IS it worth the 40 minutes? Is it a boat ride? What is it?
There arent many I havent rode but this is one that I want to but dont know if it worth it.

It’s worth 40 minutes if you’re hot and/or tired and you need to take a break out of the heat and rest you feet. Other then that… ehhhhh (but I admit, I’ve done it several times).

It’s half theater and half “ride”. The cars are similar to the ones in the Great Movie Ride. Ellen is billed as the main character, but really, the Narrator / Teacher on this expedition is Bill Nye “The Science Guy”. It follows energy, energy sources, energy usage, and possible future energy production. It’s the source bit of it that leads to a trip through a Jurassic era jungle where all the animatronics dwell. The film is a lot like the 360-degree theaters in the WS. If you focus on the image, you can get a similar sensation as in a motion simulator.

I’m trying to think of attractions we haven’t done, and I can only come up with Aladdin’s Magic Carpets and the Snow White dark ride in Fantasyland.

I really enjoy this ride. I would suggest that you do it at least once.

I still haven't rode Expedition Everest yet. I wanted to this last trip, but we never made it over to AK.

We tried Ellen's Energy Adventure. We made it through the 8 minute pre-show, but a child was crying and screaming the whole time. The parents were just ignoring the child. We ended up not doing the 'real' part of the ride/show because we didn't want to listen to a screaming child for 30+ minutes. I want to try it again next trip - maybe we will have better luck.

Have yet to make it on Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania, or Buzz.....

Those 3 are on my list to accomplish on my upcoming trip. I'm sure there are many others that I haven't done but those are the main targets this time.

Wow. Yes those are some biggies. Toy Story is one of our family favorites of all the attractions at WDW.

For me the missed rides are as follows:

Mission: Space
Expedition Everest
Star Tours
Splash Mountain

All of these are on the list for the next trip....whenever that happens. :confused3

For me the missed rides are as follows:

Mission: Space
Expedition Everest
Star Tours
Splash Mountain

All of these are on the list for the next trip....whenever that happens. :confused3

Wow, definitely some biggies there. Having young kids cramps your style, doesn't it?

I must confess that I have never ridden the Rock 'n Roller Coaster. (hanging head in shame)

We've been 4 times and this what we still haven't done yet.

Epcot
Ellen
Movies in the countries
Spinning version of Mission Space

Magic Kingdom
Carousel of Progress
Laugh Floor
Hall of Presidents
Riverboat
Tiki Birds and Country Bears
Swiss Family Treehouse
DD always wants to ride the Horse Pulled Streetcars on Main Street and somehow we always just miss them. It is on her must do for our next trip.

Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids - just don't want to be that wet

Hollywood Studios
Great Movie Ride
Backlot Tour
American Idol

Some we are not that interested in, but others we are going to try to get around to in September.

Unfortunately, there are more rides I've never been on than ones I have been on.

Hoping to remedy that in 234 days.....:thumbsup2

Ones I'm looking forward to:

MK: BTMR, Buzz (I've been on a lot more in MK thanks to our one day trips)
EPCOT: Test Track
HS: TSM, Star Wars (haven't been on the new version)
AK: Anything! Never been to AK.

Rob gave a good explanation. It is worth seeing if you haven't, but I wouldn't bypass something you know and love to do it. It is set up as Ellen is dreaming of being on Jeopardy and Bill Nye helps teach her about energy. I usually fall asleep at the same point in the pre-show as Ellen though.:rolleyes1

I must confess that I have never ridden the Rock 'n Roller Coaster. (hanging head in shame)
That is my favorite ride. Love it.

Rides I haven't done:
Mission Space - Orange
Tom Sawyer Island/River boat
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl
Alladin's Carpets
Train in AK
Goofy's Barnstormer(I realize it is currently closed and will be re-themed)

Ellen's Energy Adventure is OK...Cool...it is a rolling Theater thing...I think there are like 3 very LARGE vehices with bench seats that hold about 15-20 people per row. The show is a mixture of Films that tell the story...and a few audio animatronics. Ellen is on Jeopardy... playing against her High school Rival "Stupid Judy" played by Jamie Lee Curtis...who is wiping the floor with Ellen...until Bill Nye the Science Guy comes and takes Ellen on a trip through time to teach her all about Energy.

Rides I haven't rode...hmmm...Rather things I have not done.
MK... Never done The River Boat...or riden in a Main Street Vehicle.
EP...Never watched the Norway Movie...I'm sure there are a Bunch of things I've missed in World Showcase.
HS...I'm certain there' lots here I have not seen...in particular...never done the Little Mermaid Attraction...or the Playhouse Disney Attraction...or Fantasmic... One I did and wished I hadn't is The not so Great Movie Ride.
AK...Never watched Flights of Wonder ...have not walked the trails around the Tree...Haven't done Triceritop Spin.

I like to refer to Ellen's Energy Adventure as "The ride were Ellen and I take a nap".

There is nothing to thrilling about it.

It's great on a HOT summer afternoon, just to get out of the sun for a bit.

Oh, and animatronic dinosaurs. :thumbsup2

AS for rides I haven't done, the only one that comes to mind is Primeval Whirl. Not sure why we miss it, we just always seem to.

Disboard newbie here but have been to the world about 8 times. I have been wracking my brain but I can't think of anything I haven't done, other than some of the shows.
I haven't done Ellen's show in years, but I think we are due because I don't remember it that well. If I remember anything the last time I was on it I kept thinking that I can't believe I am on it again. It seems to be one of the slowest atractions in the world, and thats just the preshow.:rolleyes1
Still haven't really seen Fantasmic. We tried to catch it at the last minute once and tried to squeeze in at the top. Bad idea! Lesson learned there.

Disboard newbie here but have been to the world about 8 times. I have been wracking my brain but I can't think of anything I haven't done, other than some of the shows.
I haven't done Ellen's show in years, but I think we are due because I don't remember it that well. If I remember anything the last time I was on it I kept thinking that I can't believe I am on it again. It seems to be one of the slowest atractions in the world, and thats just the preshow.:rolleyes1
Still haven't really seen Fantasmic. We tried to catch it at the last minute once and tried to squeeze in at the top. Bad idea! Lesson learned there.

Fantasmic! one of the BEST shows in all WDW.

Check out the theme park boards while your here.

There's a fellow by the name of Robo... he's got all the F! information you will ever need to know.

Pretty much the only attractions we haven't done:
Soarin'
Tiki Room
Star Tours (new version)

Looking forward to doing those and the new FLE when we go back in '13!

For those that have not done mission space orange, let me tell you what you are missing is seeing your breakfast/lunch/dinner for a second time...................this ride put me down for almost a full day...........ugggg:eek:

Things I've never done at WDW:

MK: done it all, but it's been a REALLY long time since I've been on the Astro Orbiter
EPCOT: The KP Adventure
AK: Rafiki's Planet Watch, Flights of Wonder show
DHS: Lights Motor Action Extreme Stunt Show, Journey into Narnia
DTD: Characters in Flight and Disney Quest

Things I've never done at WDW:

MK: done it all, but it's been a REALLY long time since I've been on the Astro Orbiter
EPCOT: The KP Adventure
AK: Rafiki's Planet Watch, Flights of Wonder show
DHS: Lights Motor Action Extreme Stunt Show, Journey into Narnia
DTD: Characters in Flight and Disney Quest

You are missing some good stuff there.

LMA is AWESOME!
Flights of Wonder, very entertainng.
KP and Rafiki Planet - great if you are travelling with children.

Narnia - excellent choice to skip. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter