Restaurants with "too-close" table spacing

I thought I read that Jiko has tables for two that are close together. Since I will also be on my honeymoon September 6-12 I think you for not going to Lecellier :)

If you can't handle being seated close to another party, I cannot stress this next statement enough: DO NOT GO TO THE PLAZA.

We had an absolutely horrible experience here. Our table was no more than 6 inches away from that of another couple and we were no more than 6 inches away from the swinging kitchen doors on the other side. It was an awful, miserable experience.

I have a slight anxiety problem that tends to act up at restaurants where the tables and booths are really close together (especially if the place is brightly lit too). I have no desire to feel like I am sharing a table with strangers. Any specific places I should avoid at WDW? I make my ADRs on June 7 and want to be prepared.

It looks like mnay of the reviews of Le Cellier have mentioned the tight quarters, so that is probably off the of my list. (All my fellow Sept 5-11 travelers can thank me for this! :rotfl:)

Right now I'm considering CP for Pooh breakfast, Kona for breakfast, Primetime for lunch, and then Bistro de Paris, Rose and Crown, Ohana, Boma, The Wave, and Citricos for dinner.

Definitely don't go to Tepon Edo You do sit at tables with strangers.......but the chairs are around the table with the chef on the one side so you don't feel crowded in.

50's PTC is crowded with tables and booths very close
San Angel Inn TS
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Plaza

It looks (from your signature) like you will be a party of two? If so, be prepared! My DH and I have a running joke that if you're a party of 2 at a WDW restaurant you always get the stinkiest table. :rotfl: I can't remember how many times we were stuck at TINY tables smashed up against another TINY table with someone else sitting at it when there were lots of empty 4-6 seat tables and booths. It's one of the reasons we try to stick with counter service places now.

I just want you to know that I feel for you. I grew up in Texas where people like their personal space and I now live in NJ. People here will practically sit on top of you at a restaurant or at the beach. The further north you go, the worse it is. Don't ever visit NYC :rotfl:. I think I've heard that 1900 Park Fare is also tight seating, but I didn't see that on your list. I also think if you let the person know at the wait desk that you have a "special condition" they may be able to help you. :thumbsup2

"Too close" is a personal viewpoint I guess, but virtually every Epcot restaurant would qualify.
I've eaten at all the Signature spots many times and I don't feel tables at any of those are too close at all.
And we've always had pretty good tables in spite of being just the 2 of us, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I always find it funny when people post about tables being too close together. When my parents and I went to Paris, THAT is when you realize that American restaurants have tables miles away from each other in comparisson!

1) Bad comparison.
2) You can also state how small the hotel rooms are in Europe.
3) You cna also say how common it is to have LONG queue lines.
4) It is a totally different culture base.
5) I spend quite a bit of time in Europe and one has to accept the lifestyle.
6) This does not mean we have to change our culture to meet theirs.

There is one table at Le Cellier that I like that doesn't seem to be close to other tables, but it's close to the kitchen. I like the table right in front of the fireplace - the doors to the kitchen are on either side of the fireplace, so there are people walking back and forth, but the other tables don't seem so close here. The tables I hate are the ones that are "enclosed" by half walls with a four top on one side and a two top on the other. It's like being in a small closet with another family.

I agree with most of the other posts. If you can get the table to the right just inside the door at the Plaza, it's not too bad, but don't go in the Solarium under any circumstances. Some of the tables at Nine Dragons are also close together.

I would definitely voice your concerns when you check in at the podium, and try to make most of your ADR's for when the restaurants first open, to have the best selection of tables available.

Planet Hollywood at DTD - on the main floor you have to ask the people at the table behind you to scoot in if you want to get up from the table. Also I find both Rainforest Cafe locations a bit tight in certain seating areas.

OP, your best bet may be to count on a bunch of CS locations, and when you get your food, if the seating seems to tight for you, you can take your tray outside with you and find a bench in the shade or even pull out a blanket and sit down somewhere. They do not mind you taking your food to go when at CS! You can even request it in a to-go container!!

Hope that helps!! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for your experiences. We plan on eating pretty early or really late so that should help. And since I know it is a problem for me, I don't hesitate to ask for a more suitable table for me, even if it means waiting. (Here at home, I've walked into places and left within 1 minutes if I can tell the seating will bother me.) I'm especially going to stress the "its our honeymoon" angle when we show up at every restaurant.

And weirdly enough, I don't mind hibachi restaurants ... it isn't the strangers, but the feeling of having no where to escape that bothers me. Good thing my fiancee is used to my weirdness. He must really :love: me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter