Rest Feedback: Rose&Crown Teppanyaki

RichNKatHolly

DIS Veteran
We have these 2 restaurants on our tentative agenda. I've heard good and bad. Anyone care to be specific? We've never attempted these two. Thanks so much!

BTW, excuse my spelling no Teppanyaki. :rolleyes:

Here are our experiences:

Rose and Crown- good fish and chips and horrible service. We are not that ito English food but we did go specifically for the Fish and Chips. The restaurant was very fun-loud and crowded like a true pub but the service was awful. SLOW and not friendly.

Teppanyaki-Fun place, entertaining but not all the chef's are this way. We liked the food, but thought it was odd that there was no teriyaki sauce for the meats- they were just dry. Every place like that we have ever been too had sauce on or for the meat. Good though and fun.

We went to Rose and Crown on our May trip. The fish and chips were good but they are the same ones that are served at the take out place just to the right of the Rose and Crown. Next time we will just skip the PS for Rose and Crown and get the take out and sit and relax at one of the tables around there. The price for getting the fish and chips was much higher inside than out. The service was OK, but we had to wait a long time to be seated even with PS and we just weren't impressed.

I have had great experiences at both. My experience at R&C was very different from Carrieberry's. We had great service. Our server was excellent, she even helped us space out the meal so that we would still be there for Illuminations. The pie sampler was probably the best meal that I had during that trip (12/04).
I have never had bad food or service at Teppanyaki.

We LOVE Teppanyaki! The food is so good and they give you plenty of it. We've never thought the meat was dry- they do give each person 3 dipping sauces and soy sauce to use but its good w/out it too. I like the chicken and shrimp combo and my bf likes the steak and chicken. They give you lots of udon noodles and veggies, too.

Thanks All! We will keep out plan to do Teppanyaki. I guess we will just get our Fish and Chips at the take out stand of R&C. Slow service does not do well with our kids. I think we really just were going for the fish anyway. Although, a pie sampler of any kind sounds GREAT to me! :mickeybar

If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to share! There are many restaurants which we haven't eaten at yet.

I have to say that Rose and Crown is one of my families favorites at Epcot. We have always had great service and the view for Illuminations is wonderful. We always eat there every trip. Kids actually eat a balanced meal there! I love their steak and prawns...and they have great ale! :drinking1

We just got back and I have to say Teppanyaki was not our favorite. The food was very bland, our waiter wasnt good, and our chef didnt do any fun things. Just cooked our food and gave it to us then left. I would not return for the price that we paid.

My kids just love the fish and chips. We have only ever done the counter service. I think it's kind of pricey because my kids need more than one serving and it's about $6 per serving. (I have 2 DDs, 9 and 12). I wish you could just buy extra fish without having to get more fries. But we all like it very much!!!

Enjoy -

Anna

Teppanyaki was not a good experience for us either. We also found the meat dry and bland and the sauces boring. Our chef was lifeless, and what made it hard was the chef at the next table was fantastic, which would have helped make up for the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter