Resort parking fees???

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
I just read a comment on FB that the resort parking fees are waived for those with a handicap placecards and military/veteran guests. This is the first I’ve ever heard of military guests not having to pay the parking fees. I don’t see this mentioned any where in the Disney site. Has anyone had any exeperice with this?

I just read a comment on FB that the resort parking fees are waived for those with a handicap placecards and military/veteran guests. This is the first I’ve ever heard of military guests not having to pay the parking fees. I don’t see this mentioned any where in the Disney site. Has anyone had any exeperice with this?

That would be great if military can park for free, but I highly doubt it. I can let you know in a few weeks, I will definitely ask.
Every time I make a reservation for a Military discount room they make sure to tell me parking is additional.

That would be great if military can park for free, but I highly doubt it. I can let you know in a few weeks, I will definitely ask.
Every time I make a reservation for a Military discount room they make sure to tell me parking is additional.
I agree that it would be great! When I recently made a room only reservation with a military discount I was told about the parking fee.

ETA: I just checked Steve's Military tips website and there was no mention of military/veterans being waived the parking fee.

Last edited:
They don't mention the waived fee for handicap parking on the website either but when you go you mention it and they waive it.
I know that at least because my parents did it a couple months ago.
I don't know anyone in the military so can't speak to that but if you ask at check in I'm sure they'll let you know.

Thanks a bunch! I would appreciate your feedback after your trip!!! I've never heard mention of it before either, until the comment on FB today.

So just wondering, now you have to pay at the resorts when you park over night, What about at the parks? Do you now have to pay there too?

So just wondering, now you have to pay at the resorts when you park over night, What about at the parks? Do you now have to pay there too?

You've ALWAYS had to pay at the parks for parking unless you are a resort guest.

Resort parking fee is $19 a day unless you have a handicap tag. We just got back and even though I told our agent that we had a handicap tag, when we checked out, my husband noticed a parking fee. We went to concierge and they took care of it - be careful. Theme park parking is $25 a day - FREE if you are an annual pass holder.

Resort parking fee is $19 a day unless you have a handicap tag.

Just to avoid any confusion for others reading along who don’t follow these details closely, guest resort parking fees are tiered by resort category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Another thing to watch out for is if you have two or more rooms at the same resort due to group size. We had one car at Sports over Christmas, but two rooms because we had 8 people. We were double charged for parking, as if we had two cars. We got the front desk to take off one of the charges so we were only charged once, but they weren't nice about it.

Another thing to watch out for is if you have two or more rooms at the same resort due to group size. We had one car at Sports over Christmas, but two rooms because we had 8 people. We were double charged for parking, as if we had two cars. We got the front desk to take off one of the charges so we were only charged once, but they weren't nice about it.
lol at them not being nice about it. If I had to wait in line and waste my time at the front desk to fix their mistake on a fee that they shouldn't be charging I would demand to be compensated.

lol at them not being nice about it. If I had to wait in line and waste my time at the front desk to fix their mistake on a fee that they shouldn't be charging I would demand to be compensated.
Or at the very least, they should have apologized.

Yes, it was a really magical experience. The woman acted like we were trying to cheat them out of their $13. Really, we didn't have two cars. We genuinely did drive our 12 passenger van here from Wisconsin with our 6 kids.

Yes, it was a really magical experience. The woman acted like we were trying to cheat them out of their $13. Really, we didn't have two cars. We genuinely did drive our 12 passenger van here from Wisconsin with our 6 kids.
If you haven't already, you could email WDW Guest Communications and let them know what happened, which might help them fix this apparent gap in the process before the same thing happens to other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter