Resort Change by Disney

We’re booked at Pop for July 5. Obviously not going, but haven’t done anything yet. We had a backup booked for July 28. When they contact me, can I just move the funds I paid for the July 5 to the July 28 trip? I couldn’t before because they considered it modifying 🤦🏼‍♀️ I don’t want to wait for the while thing to be refunded in gift cards just to send them back. Hopefully we’ll get to go. Although Pop is looking less likely

It's been several years since I stayed in the ASMo so I havent seen the refurb but they are tiny, especially with 4 of us.
Definitely size is the one thing that can't be "added" to the Value Rooms!

The Murphy Bed does "add" space when not down-so that is about all they can do to try to "add" space.

But I agree the Value rooms are GREAT for 2 folks and a "challenge" for more that that.

I don’t know how they will be able to fit everyone in DVC rooms and still accommodate all the points that are out there from being closed for months, particularly in the fall.
Especially since they have blocked out at least one DVC resort (AKV Jambo) for the remainder of 2020 which would account for less points for lodgings being available overall unless they have a plan for that—wish they would share that with all of us.

I don’t know how they will be able to fit everyone in DVC rooms and still accommodate all the points that are out there from being closed for months, particularly in the fall.

It is very simple. They do not think the demand is going to be there. Early reports are UO and LegoLand are dead.

You always have to take DisBoards with perspective. We are not the people Disney makes their main money off of. They rely on the “normal Disney tripper” and not the “Disney Lifer”. Right now it remains to be seen with everything that is happening economically if the “normal Disney tripper” will be attending anytime soon.

We’re booked at Pop for July 5. Obviously not going, but haven’t done anything yet. We had a backup booked for July 28. When they contact me, can I just move the funds I paid for the July 5 to the July 28 trip? I couldn’t before because they considered it modifying 🤦🏼‍♀️ I don’t want to wait for the while thing to be refunded in gift cards just to send them back. Hopefully we’ll get to go. Although Pop is looking less likely

They told you that you couldn't move the payments from one reservation to another that was already booked? If that is the case I think you need to call back and ask again, and again if necessary. I have done this multiple times, although it was before this whole mess. But you transferring payments from one to another is not modifying. You are cancelling the first and moving the payment to another. It's a simple click but the booking CMs do you have to transfer you to another department.

They can't. DVC is pretty full starting in September. I'm DVC and have a Jambo reservation fro early December. THere isn't even anywhere to move me to in DVC (which they would be required to do if Jambo reamains closed). NO way only DVC is open past August.

Arriving August 7th for a split stay. Already in BCV studio for 2 nights, but then moving to Pop. We booked BCV specifically for a pool day, so still not sure what we will do if SAB is closed. I am fascinated by everyone's moving sagas.

They can't. DVC is pretty full starting in September. I'm DVC and have a Jambo reservation fro early December. THere isn't even anywhere to move me to in DVC (which they would be required to do if Jambo reamains closed). NO way only DVC is open past August.

Completely agree. Especially since a lot of DVC members have points that have to use or they will lose them. I don't think DVC members will be canceling their fall reservations they booked 11 months ago en mass.

Completely agree. Especially since a lot of DVC members have points that have to use or they will lose them. I don't think DVC members will be canceling their fall reservations they booked 11 months ago en mass.
Well, I’ve been stalking the DVC members booking page for openings in the fall and I can attest to the fact that people are indeed cancelling fall reservations.

I have Jambo Xmas week through January 4th. When I checked last week (when Jambo availability poofed), only SSR had rooms I could move to. Now, there is nothing available.

Could I hold two room only reservations for same exact dates, but different resorts? With all this mess I’m still undecided if I want to pay to move my dates to a dvc villa of my choice or have Disney decide what resort they want to put me in.

Fall is busiest DVC time and many resorts have been booked for months...People book right when our windows open so there will not be spaces to move very many people.

However, from what I understand, TAs are limited to moving guests to DVC and Ft. because that is all that has technically been reopened. TAs also we’re stopped from booking packages into 2021 until released.

So, I think assumptions are being made from all of this, IMO. I can see holding off a few weeks after park opening maybe with other hotels...but I think deluxe will open July...my guess only..because those complexes are open already, even though with limited services,

I find it interesting that they didn't offer you 2 Poly DVC rooms... And refund the CL portion.
Maybe no Poly DVC were available for the exact dates. Or maybe not 2.

I’m more surprised that they took 2 Poly rooms and put the occupants in a single 1BR villa. The PP is going from 6 sleeping surfaces (2 queen beds, 2 queen sleeper sofas, 2 single Murphy beds) down to 3 (1 king, 1 queen sleeper sofa, 1 single sleeper chair).

I find it interesting that they didn't offer you 2 Poly DVC rooms... And refund the CL portion.

1 bedrooms tend to be the last to book based on point structure so that could be why...they may be pulled more than studios...though it’s a mystery as to which rooms they choose to remove from DVC bookings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter