reservations for 4 & 2 don't show?

muffyn

"hmmm*
I made reservations for le celliers for 4 people,, but my daughter is still not sure if she wants to go.. when we show up , that day, & its only the 2 of us ( she still may not decide until then) , will they turn us away? or still fit us in? do they get ticked off?? they must have to deal with this type of things when people get ill or whatever .

how exactly does this work?

They will send you over to the Mexico Pavilion to ride the boat ride ten times in a row as penance and then let you in. :duck:

You'll have to order enough food for four, even if only two show up. ;)

Seriously, they may have a table for you or they may not. You're taking your chances.

I've shown up with more and less than the number of people on the ressie and have been seated rather quickly on all occasions. No one said anythng. If you only have 2 people, go and check in and explain you only have 2 instead of 4 and relax. It's vacation. :cloud9:

I made reservations for le celliers for 4 people,, but my daughter is still not sure if she wants to go.. when we show up , that day, & its only the 2 of us ( she still may not decide until then) , will they turn us away? or still fit us in? do they get ticked off?? they must have to deal with this type of things when people get ill or whatever .

how exactly does this work?

They will not turn you away or get "ticked off". In this economy, they will be glad that two showed up. ;)

Seriously, a similar situation happened to us recently at Le Cellier. We had an ADR for two, but my daughter showed up and they were able to make it a table for three. Going the other way is even easier. :)

It happened to us in August too. We had booked a table for 4, but one of my friends fell ill and her husband stayed back at the resort with her. It was just the two of us that had dinner there and when I tried to explain at the podium they just said - "no problem"!

On our last trip (12 days) we made reservation for 5 people for most every day. It was my DH, myself, dniece and two friends who live in Florida and wanted to join us for meals. The friend's mother fell ill and passed away after our first night. We checked in with three instead of five at every restaurant for the next eleven days and had NO problems what so ever.

We've never had a problem either. In fact, once we had a reservation for 14 and only 5 of us made it, still seated without a problem. Before I get flamed, I had tried to tell the restaurant ahead of time but they said "oh, just let us know at the podium when you check in". They didn't seem to care at all.

The only time I could see a real problem would be in a case where you have a Credit Card hold on your reservation or have pre-paid your meal.

Otherwise I have heard only success stories from those that have done this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter