Request DME with seat belts?

WonderlandisReality

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to request seat belts with the reservation (or when leaving MCO heading to the resort, to wait for) a DME with seat belts?

Context: 2 kids with Special Needs. Won't stay seated unless belted. Or I remind them every 2.8 seconds. And I don't want to be that parent who subjects everyone to that kind of torture.

Is it possible to request seat belts with the reservation (or when leaving MCO heading to the resort, to wait for) a DME with seat belts?

Context: 2 kids with Special Needs. Won't stay seated unless belted. Or I remind them every 2.8 seconds. And I don't want to be that parent who subjects everyone to that kind of torture.
I don't think any DME bus has seat belts. If seatbelts are a requirement (which it sounds like they are), I think you're better off making your own transportation arrangements (private car, rental car, uber/lyft).

Took this from elsewhere on the disboards.

IMG_1390_zpsec9a0c35.jpg

The buses do have seatbelts but from what I’ve read they don’t accommodate car seats. Please correct if I’m wrong.

At least Some of the ME buses have seatbelts.

FYI, the bus from the resorts to the parks definitely will NOT have seatbelts.

The bus is pretty loud. Coaches are loud and they crank up the volume of the videos. And there’s always a noisy kid. So it's not like it’s a silent bus where your reminders would be obvious. And there’s nowhere for them to go.

Head to the back (if it’s the three of you, sit in the way back so they have seats in front of them and you have the aisle in front of you) and they can’t GO anywhere.

I grew up in coach buses (Dad was a greyhound driver) and you would not believe the things my brother and I got up to in the empty buses going back to dad’s home-base station, and even with hard braking (we never had an accident, though) we never went flying or even tumbling or stumbling on the bus.

FYI, the bus from the resorts to the parks definitely will NOT have seatbelts.

Yep. Might as well get used to it early lol. Transit style buses are different than coaches, though. So hang on to the kids more on those buses than on dme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter