Report from Chef Mickey's

Wade Shrader

Mouseketeer
We just returned last week, and now finally, things have settled down at work so that I can give a report!
This report is not going to go into all the details of the trip, but rather I wanted to post a couple of reports telling how great some of the CM’s were on our trip, especially to my kids. We have four year old triplets (2 boys and 1 girl), and our boys both have cerebral palsy and have trouble walking. One uses a walker and the other forearm crutches.

The first report is about Chef Mickey’s. Our boys have been working hard in therapy, saying they “wanted to walk with their (walker/or crutches) to Mickey!” Well, their preschool teacher had worked with some convention people at Disney and made some calls. When we checked in at Chef Mickey’s, one of the PR people told us they knew about the boys and asked could they take some pictures.

They partitioned part of the restaurant off and let my boys (and my daughter) walk, on their own, to Mickey! They were thrilled! Each of the characters spent some special time with my kids, and we took lots of pictures. I know that Disney is magical to all children, but they seem to go out of their way to give a little extra “magic” to special needs kids, and everyone was super at Chef Mickey’s. The WDW staff gave us some nice copies of some of their pictures, which was extremely kind. When we were leaving the next day, my son (the one with the walker) told us that “WDW really was where dreams came true, because his dream came true…he got to walk on his own to Mickey Mouse.” Maybe Disney should film that, huh?

Trying to type with tears in my eyes...I am so thrilled for all of you that the kids were able to walk to Mickey, and received such special treatment. I hope all of your WDW memories last a lifetime. Pamela

Wade,
Thank you so much for your reports! They are so full of magic... it sounds like your family had the time of your lives. Hooray for your boys' achievements, and Cheers for the wonderful people at Disney!!!! :bounce: :) :bounce:

WOW! As I read these stories aloud to my dh i keep choking up....

SO VERY GLAD that everything went well....

Sue

This made tears come to my eyes. What incentive for therapy!

At least I kmow I'm not the only one reading about Chef Mickey's with tears in my eyes :)! Thanks for sharing that special family experience!

Thank God I'm not the only one crying here !! I'm a very emotional person with things like this when it involves children and as I was reading your post tears came down my face.
I'm so glad your children had this great experience to share with Mickey, they will never forget it!

My goodness! What a wonderful thing that they did for your children! They really do go out of their way to make things special and wonderful.

What a terrific story. I am so happy your kids enjoyed themselves and your trip was extra special!

I worked in Entertainment at Walt Disney World for two years and these stories still make me cry. I still remember times characters have had to wipe a tear away quickly after meeting an amazing child. As grateful as you are for the special attention your children received, please know that your children made the day and possibly the week or more for the Cast member. It can be really hard being an entertainment castmember, fighting the heat, people crabby after waiting in lines, and being shoved or abused every now and then by a guest. The Chef Mickey's CMs, and Aladdin will NEVER forget your boys either. These are the moments that we pull out when the going gets tough. These are the moments we hold on to in the heat of August towrads the end of the Magic Kingdom parade when we think we can't possibly take another step. Thank you so much for sharing your sons' and daughter's joy with us.

God Bless,
Tiffany

WOW!!!! MAGICAL!!!!!! PURE, PURE MAGIC!!!!!!!!
High Five to your kids!!!!!!!!!!!! (and the Disney Characters!)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce::bounce:

How absolutely beautiful....wow....made me cry....this is why I love going to Disney

I love your story!!!!!!! I am a big Disney fan but also a physical therapist. I'd be thrilled to work on a child's goal of wanting to walk up to see Mickey! Do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Occupational Therapist I am glad the boys worked so hard and am proud of them. I am a Mickey Fan too!

Linda:p :pinkbounc :bounce: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter