Rental Car Skip the Counter steps ???

sommergirl25

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for Alamo through Autoslash. I was able to check in online and also found a link on here to skip the counter. I have my barcode paperwork printed and ready to go. Now.... I know I will go straight to the garage to pick our car. What happens next? What all will I need to give the attendant in the garage? Will Alamo place a hold on our credit card (we prepaid through autoslash)? I am seeing very conflicting info about this one. Alamo website talks about the deposit but a lot of threads here say they never placed a deposit hold.

With rental car companies that let you go directly to your car, you usually have to show your paperwork and driver's license to the attendant at the exit to their facility. They make sure you took the correct vehicle and the ID information matches your rental agreement. Check their website for specifics on the credit card question since each rental company has different arrangements.

You will hand the attendant at the exit booth your paper with the barcode, your drivers license and your credit card.
If they place a hold it usually is $250 but that is if you use a debit card so not sure about a autoslash reservations.

Thanks for replies. I guess I am just wondering about personal experiences. I know what the website says but do they actually put a hold?

Expect them to put the hood on your debit card. I presume they do (i mean, they're trusting you with property worth $20,000+), but I never checked. Just make sure there is that much additional money in your account.

I've had holds on debit card and have had my CC charged the day I picked up the car. Depends on the company,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter