Remy - will u need a virtual pass like Rise of Resistance??????

We have tried several times since ROTR opened and have had no luck getting a ressie including the 7am time frame.

When it does open, I imagine the entrance at IG will become the go to gate for Epcot.
That's always been our go-to gate.
Even when not staying around crescent lake - we drive to BCV, and walk in from there.
It's already a become a busier gate, with the Skyliner right next to the boat dock.

Just announced OCT 1 opening. thats sucks
Yeah I'm a little disappointed as I'll be there in September. I mentioned to my wife when we booked this trip if we would feel shafted somehow going right before the 50th celebration if they were doing a lot of last minute stuff to get ready. But oh well we will be back to ride it someday!

Yeah I'm a little disappointed as I'll be there in September.

Is there a chance for a soft opening prior to October 1? I know Disney has done soft openings in the past, but I haven't been an active observer for years, like many on this board are, so other people might be able to give a better sense of when and how Disney handles that.

Last edited:
This there a chance for a soft opening prior to October 1? I know Disney has done soft openings in the past, but I haven't been an active observer for years, like many on this board are, so other people might be able to give a better sense of when and how Disney handles that.
I think they have done soft openings in the past, but it's usually been VIPs and Cast Members.

Is there a chance for a soft opening prior to October 1? I know Disney has done soft openings in the past, but I haven't been an active observer for years, like many on this board are, so other people might be able to give a better sense of when and how Disney handles that.
Just before New Fantasyland opened, they did have soft openings that were a matter of luck - when you walked by the entrance there might be a CM there inviting you to try the Little Mermaid ride. I can't remember what they did prior to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opening, but for several weeks before the official opening of Pandora they had special sessions for AP holders and DVC members that you had to sign up for. Maybe they'll do something similar with Remy, to take a tiny bit of pressure off of Oct. 1.

Just before New Fantasyland opened, they did have soft openings that were a matter of luck - when you walked by the entrance there might be a CM there inviting you to try the Little Mermaid ride. I can't remember what they did prior to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opening, but for several weeks before the official opening of Pandora they had special sessions for AP holders and DVC members that you had to sign up for. Maybe they'll do something similar with Remy, to take a tiny bit of pressure off of Oct. 1.
Splash Mountain in WDW officially opened in October 1992 but to the delight of me and my family, they started doing soft openings during our trip there in July 1992! Of course there were no internet forums or social media rumors back then; we just saw the line forming and hopped onto it!

When it does open, I imagine the entrance at IG will become the go to gate for Epcot.
Question about that. If World Showcase doesn't open till 11am, does that mean Remy and the other rides don't open, or just the stores? I never really understood this. I always wondered about those coming in the IG. Where do they go from there?

Question about that. If World Showcase doesn't open till 11am, does that mean Remy and the other rides don't open, or just the stores? I never really understood this. I always wondered about those coming in the IG. Where do they go from there?
I believe they would open Frozen at normal park opening time, not the World Showcase opening time. I imagine the same thing would happen for Remy. They also opened Les Halles at park open so people could go grab breakfast. They would block it off so you could go past France farther in to World Showcase until the actual opening time.

Frozen Ever After runs at park opening even though it’s in World Showcase.

Most people entering at the IG head over to Future World or just to Frozen. I’m not sure what they are doing now, but pre-covid they would let you in the IG about 15 or 20 (I think) minutes before park opening and hold you in World Showcase, similar to how they would let people in the front entrance and hold them at Spaceship Earth until opening time.

Most people entering at the IG head over to Future World or just to Frozen. I’m not sure what they are doing now, but pre-covid they would let you in the IG about 15 or 20 (I think) minutes before park opening and hold you in World Showcase, similar to how they would let people in the front entrance and hold them at Spaceship Earth.
Right now World Showcase opens at the same time as the rest of the park.

I believe they would open Frozen at normal park opening time, not the World Showcase opening time. I imagine the same thing would happen for Remy. They also opened Les Halles at park open so people could go grab breakfast. They would block it off so you could go past France farther in to World Showcase until the actual opening time.
I always wondered about that too. I've heard people say they grab breakfast at Les Halles but I just assumed you can only do that if you come in the IG? Can you just waltz back there from the front? I've never even tried since I assumed it was roped off or something. I've only ever just kept to Future World until 11.

I always wondered about that too. I've heard people say they grab breakfast at Les Halles but I just assumed you can only do that if you come in the IG? Can you just waltz back there from the front? I've never even tried since I assumed it was roped off or something. I've only ever just kept to Future World until 11.

They’d have the walkway open to get to the IG/France. Once we took our resort bus to the main entrance, went on a couple FW rides and walked through the IG to get to our character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk (it was well before 11, World Showcase was closed besides the couple spots that opened with the park.)

They’d have the walkway open to get to the IG/France. Once we took our resort bus to the main entrance, went on a couple FW rides and walked through the IG to get to our character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk (it was well before 11, World Showcase was closed besides the couple spots that opened with the park.)
You would think after going thirtysomething times I would know this stuff lol. I only ever saw what was on the other side of the IG a couple of years ago. When I heard that you could walk to Epcot from certain resorts, I pictured it more like the pathway going to DHS, NOT literally around the corner and basically on the same property. That was a game changer for which resort would be my dream resort!

Most people entering at the IG head over to Future World or just to Frozen. I’m not sure what they are doing now, but pre-covid they would let you in the IG about 15 or 20 (I think) minutes before park opening and hold you in World Showcase, similar to how they would let people in the front entrance and hold them at Spaceship Earth until opening time.

Pre-COVID, we used the Skyliner from CBR to rope drop at Epcot. We were through Security about 20 minutes before opening. They held us all in Canada, since we were heading to FutureWorld. I saw others being held at the bridge going towards France. I assume they were going to Les Halles.

We will be there about 10 days after the ride opens. We are doing a Pop/Yacht Club split stay. It’ll be interesting to see how long the line will be at the International Gateway. Clearly, you will have an advantage over those using the front entrance.

You can get their either way. They don't close off the path through Canada and England.

I can see them doing something like Pandora where they open it up for certain groups (vloggers by invitation, AP holders by online sign-up, etc.) before that Oct. 1 date. Would certainly relieve the pressure on official opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter