Refund of purchased points

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else in limbo about purchased points impacted by a Covid cancelled trip?

I had purchased points for a April trip, that was rescheduled to May 31 (some points were expiring June 1). Then May 31 was cancelled of course. When I called in late May, they said wait until DVC cancels that room. So I did. And was told in May that 17 purchased points had to be refunded, and to wait for them to do that in early June.

So far, no $$ refunded. And now when I call, DVC says they no longer have a record of it, it just falls out of their system. To call WDW. I called and after along wait, was told I had to call guest services billing. Another long hold and was told they do not take phone calls and I had to email them to research it. OK. I emailed and the response says:

"Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.
Walt Disney World Resort is temporarily closed at this time and as a result you may experience a longer than normal wait time for a response. Thank you so much for your understanding. We look forward to assisting you."

I would contact DVC again and ask to speak to a supervisor.

If those points were in your 2019 UY, they would not be expired and no longer in your account. That could be what is causing the issue with them no seeing it,

Go to your points activity statement and scroll through it. It will show when you purchased the points from MS...it will also show when MS moved them into that May reservation,

This way, when you talk to them, you have the specific info for them to be able to find. Good luck.

I could not see the purchased points in my activity. They are strange in that they do not show up normally. And if you have them, you can only use them by calling, if they were involved in a cancelled room reservation and you want to rebook something else.

I will try to research some more, maybe I missed them, and good tip about asking for a supervisor. My May DVC person was quite knowledgeable and figured it all out. The one I got last week was baffled. As am I. LOL.

I had had some one time use points I purchased that were from a April trip that was canceled. It took them a little over a month until I saw them credited on my CC that I used to purchase them, the rest of the points that I borrowed were returned to the use year I borrowed them from, it took about 3-4 weeks before I also saw them returned.

Update, got a call back from DVC. Rep said it was a good thing I contacted them. Repeated that purchased points just disappear from their system, and to refund them they need to manually research it. She said they would call back today. (It is 17 points). So this was good news.

Amazing all the different scenarios that are popping up due to Covid. Hope everything works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter