Refillable mug changes

Won't affect how I use it at all. Only get it for longer trips and only if refill stations are convenient to our room.

I have never done the refillable cups, but might in the future. At AKL, we would be single meal cups. They also had an RFID that let you refill 3 times with 90 minutes of when first used.

i either get a dining plan which includes the mug or i don't get a mug so it really doens't effect me unless the dining plan rates go up due to it.

a few years ago prior to all dining plans including the mug i did buy the mug BUT if i was going within the same year or the mug was the same for multiple years i would just bring an old one and save my money because no one would know the difference. (i realize you cannot do that now with the RFID mugs)

It won't effect us at all, we always get the dining plan so it is included. I think though even without the dining plan I would still purchase it.

We never get the mug at the resort they seem to small.. We did get a mug last trip to typhoon lagoon and they seemed worth it to get the mug there for us atleast..

We normally go during free dining so we get the cups with that. I don't think I would purchase the length of stay option just because we have a family of 6 and are rarely at the resort. We spend most of our time at the parks. I would consider it though, if it were cheaper still.

That reminds me - I like to use the mugs at home but I never drink soda or coffee. What would be the best/cheapest way for me to get a mug? Can you just purchase the mug by itself? Or a similar mug (Disney-themed obviously) somewhere else in the parks?

That reminds me - I like to use the mugs at home but I never drink soda or coffee. What would be the best/cheapest way for me to get a mug? Can you just purchase the mug by itself? Or a similar mug (Disney-themed obviously) somewhere else in the parks?

They're still the same price even if you don't use it.

Yes, there is a similar mug for about $5 in the parks. Same size/shape, with varying designs, including holiday themed during the holiday seasons. It is a single fill souvenir mug.

They're still the same price even if you don't use it.

We only get if free with DDP, which we only do if "free" so the new price is not issue for us. It's just not convenient to us the refill stations so not worth it to us.

We often will pick one up in the parks. They have different designs in different places. We have gotten a couple at AK Restaurantasaurus which has a beverage station so we take a longer lunch and fill many times. Once we got a Halloween one there and once an AK themed one.

This has probably been answered a million times on other threads, but I a split stay and I have purchased a dining plan with the first part of it. Do they give you a 14 day time frame on the mug (so I can still use it when I switch resorts) or will I have to recharge it at the second resort?

This has probably been answered a million times on other threads, but I a split stay and I have purchased a dining plan with the first part of it. Do they give you a 14 day time frame on the mug (so I can still use it when I switch resorts) or will I have to recharge it at the second resort?
All mugs are coded for 14 days, regardless of your length of stay. :)

I normally get the mugs if I'm on a plan or staying longer than 5 days. I use them a lot at home. I've got about 10 or so now lol. Not a fan of the new rfid system though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter