Redeemed MyPoints for $50 Visa Prepaid Card. Why Should I NOT Have Done That?

pershing

DIS Veteran
Title says what I did. The Visa Prepaid Card for $50 was only 5000 points which is much better than the other gift cards for $50. Most of them are in the 7000 point range.

I always got Target cards to flip so this is new for me. Is there a reason these cards have low redemption points that I can't think of? They are egift cards so there's that. It's not like I can hand it over in a drive thru.

Title says what I did. The Visa Prepaid Card for $50 was only 5000 points which is much better than the other gift cards for $50. Most of them are in the 7000 point range.

I always got Target cards to flip so this is new for me. Is there a reason these cards have low redemption points that I can't think of? They are egift cards so there's that. It's not like I can hand it over in a drive thru.

The only thing I can figure is that it's an egift. I hadn't seen it was so much less than the others so I redeemed for one too since I'd been waiting til I got to enough points. I can use it to buy a disney gc online or something on amazon.

I grabbed a $25 e-gift Visa for 2500 points Monday. It still hasn’t shown up in my email so I’m hoping it wasn’t some glitch that they will end up finding a reason to take back. I was shooting for $25 PayPal cash out for around 3890 but just happened to see the Visa. Plan on ordering a Disney GC with it.

The $25 Visa Gift card is now 3850 points, so that was a good grab, but for 1150 more you can get $50. It deducted my points and shows in my account as having ordered $50 Visa Gift card. I hope it's not an error.

These Visa cards expire, so you have to use them in a timely manner. I didn't think I would be able to flip them like afan thinks, but we'll find out!

These Visa cards expire, so you have to use them in a timely manner. I didn't think I would be able to flip them like afan thinks, but we'll find out!

I've done both plenty of times with a virtual visa. You get a visa number with expiration etc and either buy the disney giftcard on shopdisney.com or buy/reload my amazon gc with it online.

I grabbed one - hope it shows up in my email now. I figure I'll use it on Prime Day if it gets here in time...if not, it will be for my kid's b-day gift next month...

I just tried to get a $50 ecard and got an error message that said:

An error occurred

This prize is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

ETA: However, the points were deducted from my account so ?

Check your account statement. Does it acknowledge that you ordered a $50 gift card? Mine does. You'd think they'd have to honor it. Wouldn't you?

I'll post when I hear something from MyPoints.

Please tell your secrets guys! How do you earn so much from Mypoints? They are a slooow earner for me. Email clicks, daily 5 and occasional surveys are about all I do. What am I missing?

Please tell your secrets guys! How do you earn so much from Mypoints? They are a slooow earner for me. Email clicks, daily 5 and occasional surveys are about all I do. What am I missing?

Following. I tried swagbucks, and have earned almost nothing. I have never, ever qualified for any survey I’ve tried.

I’d love to find something I can actually get something from.

I don't earn much, looking at my breakdown it's about 300 a month and that's all from opening emails. I find SB to be a much better and easier earner and now that they are owned by the same company I'm not going to run stuff on both at the same time.

I do wonder what people do though, there's also a list of the top earners this month -

This Month's Leaders
ALL CATEGORIES

• 1Maxine B.139,196
  • 2Raul D.102,756
  • 3Maryanne D.72,184
  • 4Mark W.62,064
  • 5Matthew V.57,414
  • 6Eli K.57,365
I do wonder how they get even the 57k nevermind almost 140 and we're only 12 days into the month. Not sure if it's from shopping or other stuff. I used to use it for a shopping portal but this was pre ebates and all the others that pay better. It says overall I've redeemed for $425, I can do 3 times that on SB in one year and that's without buying gc at best buy like lots of people do. It would be great to maximize MP better but I find their survey's way worse than SB.

Also, any quick, easy, instant earners that are free or MM?

I 'print' all the grocery coupons available. Really, I'm printing to file not actually printing them out. I run the videos on an old iphone and spare computer which is an intel compute stick I use for possible scammy things. I check facebook for point perk notifications. I get the 5 survey tries each day for 5 points each, and the daily five. Email clicks. I set monthly goals that I know I'm gonna meet. And yes, if I travel or shop online I go thru the website.

You know it all adds up. I do it casually. It's just a habit now. I did swagbucks in the past but I'm leary of doing them both at the same time as they are owned by the same people.

I don't earn much, looking at my breakdown it's about 300 a month and that's all from opening emails. I find SB to be a much better and easier earner and now that they are owned by the same company I'm not going to run stuff on both at the same time.

I do wonder what people do though, there's also a list of the top earners this month -

This Month's Leaders
ALL CATEGORIES

• 1Maxine B.139,196
  • 2Raul D.102,756
  • 3Maryanne D.72,184
  • 4Mark W.62,064
  • 5Matthew V.57,414
  • 6Eli K.57,365
I do wonder how they get even the 57k nevermind almost 140 and we're only 12 days into the month. Not sure if it's from shopping or other stuff. I used to use it for a shopping portal but this was pre ebates and all the others that pay better. It says overall I've redeemed for $425, I can do 3 times that on SB in one year and that's without buying gc at best buy like lots of people do. It would be great to maximize MP better but I find their survey's way worse than SB.

I think their jobs require them to order stuff that they can use mypoints shopping to click thru and order. So, they are not using their own money but their jobs money yet they are getting mypoints for ordering it thru the website.

Well, I think I probably used to earn a lot more than I do now. But I still do ok--keeps me in Starbucks, anyway :) I do the email clicks but I also shop through the portal. I have other things (like RapidRewards and ebates) that I sometimes use for shopping through as well. I buy things they suggest that get good points, like buy 2 packs of batteries or 2 things of cleaner and get 1600 pts. I don't do surveys through anyone because I never qualify. I also don't watch videos, so mainly I do email clicking and purchases. It's not a huge amount but hey, I've got 20,000 points (or 25,000 if the Visa gc redemption doesn't go through).

The ROI is higher for me on swagbucks. I try to cash out for $25/month on mypoints but my swagbucks personal goal is > $100.

So has anyone been able to buy a Disney giftcard with an e-gift visa?? I've been saving up for Walmart but this would be so much better if it works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter