Redbox is full, can't return movies! vent

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
So now I have two dvd's that I can't return because the Redbox is full.
Cust. Service said they will flag the box to get it emptied but that could take 24-48 hrs. Or I could use the free codes they gave me and then that would free up 2 spots to return my movies but then I will have two more movies to return. This has never happened to me before. And I don't want to drive all over creation looking for more Redboxes.

Oh man, you certainly are in a pickle. Are they willing to not charge you until you can return the movies?

No, they will keep charging me as long as I have the movies! I just called back and they said that today is a new release day so that should free up some space at the box. Hope so. Thanks for your replies :hug:

They've always been really helpful with me when this happens. Usually they credit me back for 2-3 days of the rental. We only have 1 location in our town, so when the machine is full or broke it really stinks!

They've always been really helpful with me when this happens. Usually they credit me back for 2-3 days of the rental. We only have 1 location in our town, so when the machine is full or broke it really stinks!

Thanks. I'm going to call back Cust. Service and ask them for more credits.

That has never happened to me. We have 6 Redboxes though, so that's probably the reason.

No, they will keep charging me as long as I have the movies! I just called back and they said that today is a new release day so that should free up some space at the box. Hope so. Thanks for your replies :hug:

You need to argue that with them. If you can't return the movies, it's not right for them to keep charging you.

I agree with the others, insist they credit you for any extra rental days you will incur from not being able to return them.

I always wondered in the back of my mind about whether or not they ever get full...I guess I know the answer now! It sounds like someone isn't doing their job...or they need more employees to service the machines in your location.

We have about 20+ Redbox kiosks in my city so I never worry about that but I do love that you can return your movies to any Redbox location in the country, that is pretty neat!

I hope you get it sorted out!

wow I didn't even know they got full! That would be very annoying.

We have like 20 within a 5mile radius so I'd just go to a different one. The redbox operators in your town aren't very business smart if they are allowing them to get full like that.

This happened to us too! We called redbox and they credited us both for the movie that we couldn't return and for our inconvience [2 codes]. We've called a few times over movies not playing, etc. and they've always been very good. I'd try calling again and speaking to another rep!

I'm honestly shocked there are only two in your town, it seems wherever I go, I'm literally running into a redbox here. There are two in every walmart (And there are two Super Walmarts) plus two at most Walgreens and now there are a bunch at 7-11's. I honestly am shocked that they are making enough money to be profitable, but every time I drive by one at 8:45 there is a line of people waiting to drop off a movie.

I guess you could try again later this evening ... and then use the free codes if you had to.

This just happened last night, but we weren't sure that was the problem! There are very few Redboxes here. The two I know of are two miles apart and I went to return and got in line behind someone browsing for something to rent.

A woman came up behind me with a store worker who was saying she didn't know and it started a whole conversation with the line (two people got in line behind her so now 5 of us) about how it'd been rejecting returns.

The guy browsing said it'd only work once someone took something out, so we were speculating on whether it could be full. He took out two things, I returned mine, the woman returned hers, then the next woman tried and it wouldn't, so we figured that was it but the guy thought it might just be a glitch because how could it get full.

The guy said he'd tried too and had called the # but been on hold like 10 minutes and gave up and in that time someone else came along and rented and he tried to return and it worked.

The woman behind me asked me where another was and I said where it was and everyone was like... '...' because not like they're going over there. What the heck? How can it not have some contingency space or something? They're DVDs; it's a giant box...

I'm honestly shocked there are only two in your town, it seems wherever I go, I'm literally running into a redbox here. There are two in every walmart (And there are two Super Walmarts) plus two at most Walgreens and now there are a bunch at 7-11's. I honestly am shocked that they are making enough money to be profitable, but every time I drive by one at 8:45 there is a line of people waiting to drop off a movie.

I guess you could try again later this evening ... and then use the free codes if you had to.

I live in a town of 8,000 people...no Walmart, chain drug stores or big name gas stations :goodvibes Our only Redbox location is inside the one and only grocery store in town lol

I never even thought about one being full. I did always wonder how they really keep the movies where they need to be but I assume most return to where they rented.

I'd definitely be calling and raising a stink about the inconvenience and how they need to credit you until you are able to return it etc. I get that there is only one in the town and it's a rural area (from the sounds of it) but that doesn't mean they get to hand you the short end of the stick, ya know?

Call them back and demand action (like being credited 2-3 days until they get someone out there to empty it etc.) they can afford to lose a couple bucks for their folly.

OP here - all's well. I went back to the box tonight and someone was renting two movies so I could then return my two. What a pain having to waste my gas!

Small town ....few red boxes here. We visit the one outside of our grocery store. The one time we found it too full to return the movie, we asked the people at the service desk what to do. They said, " oh, we'll hold it for you and return it to them when they come back.....it happens all the time." The joys of a small town!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter