• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Red Cross Will NOT Stop Calling--VENT!

Why in gods name should it take 30 days for harassing phone calls to stop?
I had absolute zero input on the writing, enactment, or enforcement of the Do Not Call Registry.

Persons with isdues should contact the FTC.
Just imagine for a moment, that I was allowing my dog to poop on your front yard, and when you asked me to stop it i said "sure i will add you to my fo no poop registry, unfortunately it takes 30 days to process" I of course cannot be blamed for your decision to not know how my do not poop registry works.
You are an individual, not a government entity. Your do not poop registry has no standing whatsoever. It appears New Zealand has no pet control laws or enforcement.
Well yeah, but here is thing maybe Red Cross should be the one following the customers wishes not the other way around.
They will comply, within the timeline and rules set for the Do Not Call Registry, exactly like every other company subject to the Registry. The OP needs to comply with their process.

You are an individual, not a government entity. Your do not poop registry has no standing whatsoever.

And yet the outcome would be the same for the person on the receiving end. Again I say were the OP to start making as many harassing calls to Red Cross as they were to her the Red Cross would not be happy waiting 30 days for it to stop

Sigh.
The Do Not Call Registry works the way it works as determined by regulators determined. Because there are exemptions (charities, companies with which one has an existing relationship, political calls...), requests may also need to be made directly to the calling company, in the manner determined by that company. We still do not know WHEN the OP submitted the required form.

The Do Not Call List works the way it works https://www.marketing.org.nz/Services/Do_Not_Call and requires specific action by the consumer. But unlike the United States, it is not a law and there seems to be no punishment for violations "The [NZ Marketing] Association's 500 members use the list to find out who doesn't want to be called. But it's not foolproof - you'll still get calls from companies that aren't members of the Association.".

Red Cross no longer does ANY blood donation services in Canada and hasn't in 20 years. Depending on where he is it's very possible the Red Cross DOESN'T have blood drives. Blood donation is done by Canadian Blood Services and Hema Quebec. We are not paid for donating blood, but we do get a cookie and juice!
Our system here must be substantially different than what we're hearing about in this thread. Up until recently I was a regular donor for years. Every 56 days I'd receive a single e-mail from Canadian Blood Services inviting me back to donate and letting me know the locations of the main and mobile clinics. No hard sell, no phone calls - ever.

There must to be some way The Red Cross has monitized blood collection. They simply have to be making a profit off it (and potentially a large one) for them to invest the resources necessary to aggressively recruiting donors, or "harassing" them as it were. And no way are volunteers making those phone calls - it has to be professional call centres.

Our system here must be substantially different than what we're hearing about in this thread. Up until recently I was a regular donor for years. Every 56 days I'd receive a single e-mail from Canadian Blood Services inviting me back to donate and letting me know the locations of the main and mobile clinics. No hard sell, no phone calls - ever.

There must to be some way The Red Cross has monitized blood collection. They simply have to be making a profit off it (and potentially a large one) for them to invest the resources necessary to aggressively recruiting donors, or "harassing" them as it were. And no way are volunteers making those phone calls - it has to be professional call centres.
Do you guys have more than one entity that collects donated blood?

Here the red cross is but one place you can donate blood.

Do you guys have more than one entity that collects donated blood?

Here the red cross is but one place you can donate blood.
No. Canadian Blood Services (and it's counterpart in the province of Quebec) only and donors are not compensated. I do believe targeted donations for a specific patient can be taken directly at large hospitals in the case of extreme emergency.

No. Canadian Blood Services (and it's counterpart in the province of Quebec) only and donors are not compensated. I do believe targeted donations for a specific patient can be taken directly at large hospitals in the case of extreme emergency.
Ahh ok that makes sense.

I do believe Red Cross is the largest in terms of how much blood (I also think part of it is the working relationship with the federal government) they get but we have different places too.

My husband donates to the Community Blood Center in our area but hasn't donated to the Red Cross (though there are donation centers for the Red Cross in our area) even the blood drives he's participated in at his work are for the Community Blood Center.

I think you are right. I hear the signal ads on the radio, and when people share on Facebook. I haven't been able to donate because I take medication , though I think they have started to allow some medication they used to deny.
But I do have family that do donate and they never have gotten harassing phone calls. With email it can all be set up to send it out x amount of days after your last donation.

https://money.howstuffworks.com/american-red-cross3.htm
"The Red Cross is not funded by the government; its budget comes from donations as well as cost-recovery fees that are charged for some services. In certain circumstances, the Red Cross recieves government money because the government has contracted the Red Cross to carry out some aspect of relief efforts. Because it is a non-profit, charitable organization, the Red Cross is tax-exempt."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter