Recommendations for New Communities Townhome Rental or House

Karen4120

Earning My Ears
Hi

What are some of the newer developments for townhome/home rentals close to Disney (10 miles or so)? We will have a car and are vacationing with 2 young adults in their twenties and 2 kids age 11 and 15. There will be 6 of us total. We would like a nice clean place with either a splash pool or a private pool. No more than 4 bedrooms.

In 2006 we rented at Windsor Hills and had a bad experience with our unit (literally hundreds of sugar ants). This unit also had a poor management company. I have read that some of the Windsor units are outdated so probably will stay away from this resort. In 2013 we rented at Paradise Palms and it was awesome. But a little hesitant as its now 6 years older. I was just wondering if there any other new options out there that we should look at. From browsing the boards I have found Windsor at Westside, Storey Lake to be on the newer side. Any others?

Thanks for any input.
Karen

I am in the same boat as you, but investigating for 2020. I am also looking at Storey Lake and Windsor at Westside for something newer.

Last year we stayed in a condo in Windsor Hills and had a very nice stay. The unit and the facility were dated, but spacious and very clean. We were happy with it and due to the price, we were able to take a very long trip. However, would I recommend to friends or family? Probably not. It was what I would call a "value accommodation." Therefore, why I am investigating another place. But who knows, maybe I would rebook again for another long vacay? The prices on some of the newer ones are daunting!

Good luck with your search!

It's disappointing to hear that you had a bad experience with WH. We have been staying there for several years and have found it to be perfect for our needs and very well maintained. I suppose if you booked an economy unit or are shopping by price, your expectations might be a bit lower. My only comment on the rental communities in the area is the distance from the parks. Some may say "7 miles from Disney" but what that actually translates to is 40+ minutes each way in traffic. We stayed at a very nice place in Bellavida Resort a few years back and spent a significant portion of the day in traffic despite it being only 7 miles to the parks. It certainly wasn't worth the difference in price to WH. Windsor at Westside is pretty far from Disney IMO.

Hi

What are some of the newer developments for townhome/home rentals close to Disney (10 miles or so)? We will have a car and are vacationing with 2 young adults in their twenties and 2 kids age 11 and 15. There will be 6 of us total. We would like a nice clean place with either a splash pool or a private pool. No more than 4 bedrooms.

In 2006 we rented at Windsor Hills and had a bad experience with our unit (literally hundreds of sugar ants). This unit also had a poor management company. I have read that some of the Windsor units are outdated so probably will stay away from this resort. In 2013 we rented at Paradise Palms and it was awesome. But a little hesitant as its now 6 years older. I was just wondering if there any other new options out there that we should look at. From browsing the boards I have found Windsor at Westside, Storey Lake to be on the newer side. Any others?

Thanks for any input.
Karen

We stayed in a townhome in Windsor at Westside last May if you have any questions - I don't think the specific unit we stayed in is for rent anymore but they are all pretty similar.

There were definitely pros and cons of both the resort and the particular home we stayed in but overall it was nice.

I am also interested in trying Storey Lake.

How was the commute from Windsor at Westside to the parks? We have it down to: Windsor at Westside, Storey Lake and Solterra.

How was the commute from Windsor at Westside to the parks? We have it down to: Windsor at Westside, Storey Lake and Solterra.

We didn't go to any Disney or Universal parks during our stay - we did go to Aquatica one day and it was a longer drive - about 25 minutes.

Honestly, one of the cons to this resort was its location - it is definitely on the farther side of things. I don't know that I would stay there again.

I much prefer the location of Storey Lake. While I haven't stayed there (yet) - it is very close to locations we have stayed and near places we like to visit while in Orlando.

I don't have any experience or knowledge on Solterra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!