Recipes for cooking while camping

Sharon....going to try it this weekend. Can't wait.

Shirley

"The Twins"
dalmsbar.gif

We have been camping for years and have tried many recipes! Something that has become a family favorite is cooking in pudgie pie irons. You can't do it at Disney (no campfires allowed) but if you camp somewhere else with a fire you can cook whole meals in those little things! There are recipe books available, but for example:

Spray the irons with cooking spray. Put 4 tablespoons of canned hash inside the iron. Place it into the campfire until hot. Open it up and use the spoon to create a dimple in the hash. Crack an egg in there, break the yolk, and cook it for a few more minutes. Open and enjoy.

Each kid, parent, etc cooks their own breakfast this way. It's incredible and there are dozens of recipes around for meals, deserts, etc. Really fun and a great family activity too!

Yum....that sounds good and something fun for the kids to do. I
I remember when I was younger, my parents letting us do that too. Only we just made "campfire" pies with it. :)

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-8.90
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Sharon, tried you receipe and loved it. Even hubby liked it and he is one pickey eater. :D

Shirley

"The Twins"
dalmsbar.gif

Oh Shirley...thats great! Doesn't it have a wonderful smell as it's cooking! I love that recipe! I always make it while we camp! :) It's so easy!

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-8.90
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter