Recent Visit

browniemtb

DIS Veteran
Hey all, just figured I would report a quick trip. Last week I had to go into Orlando on business but decided to fly in a couple days earlier with a co-worker. We stayed on my points at the Poly, first time for me there. Liked the resort but miss my BWV. I decided to book the Poly for one reason, golf across the street. I haven't been back to Disney in a few years so I was looking forward to this. This is my opinion by the way and some of you out there may disagree. Arrival at Poly was great, though I did notice immediately the greenery around the front needed a good trimming. No biggie though. Our room wasn't ready, which I did not expect it to be. We changed in a bathroom and gave bell services our bags and headed to the Palms for a round of golf. The people there were great, loved the course. My only issue was trash, empty plastic bottles just off the cart paths in the woods and the water hazards always seem to have either plastic bags, bottles, or other debris floating on the edge, all looking as though it has been there a while. All due to players in their lack of care. While out on the course I received my room ready text and was able to go directly there with the App. Room was awesome, super clean and bell services quickly brought us our bags. Day 2 we golfed again, this times at the Magnolia. This round I saw little in the way of trash, course was clean and greener than the Palms. I will mention the wildlife on these courses was awesome. From the Gators to having to wait for a bunch of turkeys to cross your path, to all the birds and other four legged creatures. We were also warned about Raccoons going in the golf carts and stealing stuff like wallets and cell phones. Loved that! Over all people, aka cast members, were awesome. The Poly was great but I missed the Boardwalk. Over these 2 days we did hit Disney Springs and Epcot. Disney Springs was a mob scene and trying to get anything to eat was nearly impossible. We quickly left. Epcot, figuring we had to book tickets in advance, I thought maybe the crowds would be under control. Well, I was wrong! I've been to Disney a lot and never had I seen crowds like this and the cleanliness, what I call the Disney standard, wasn't even close. I'm sure Disney is experiencing lack of help these days as many companies are. But to me the experience has lost it's lustre a little and it appears making as much money as they can is the new standard. We left the Poly on Day 3 and began our work at the Gaylord for a couple days and finished up with a round at the Celebration course. Overall it was a great get away and work was just fine the unfortunate thing is we had to fly back to a snowstorm, from 88 to 15 degrees, now that stunk.

Hey all, just figured I would report a quick trip. Last week I had to go into Orlando on business but decided to fly in a couple days earlier with a co-worker. We stayed on my points at the Poly, first time for me there. Liked the resort but miss my BWV. I decided to book the Poly for one reason, golf across the street. I haven't been back to Disney in a few years so I was looking forward to this. This is my opinion by the way and some of you out there may disagree. Arrival at Poly was great, though I did notice immediately the greenery around the front needed a good trimming. No biggie though. Our room wasn't ready, which I did not expect it to be. We changed in a bathroom and gave bell services our bags and headed to the Palms for a round of golf. The people there were great, loved the course. My only issue was trash, empty plastic bottles just off the cart paths in the woods and the water hazards always seem to have either plastic bags, bottles, or other debris floating on the edge, all looking as though it has been there a while. All due to players in their lack of care. While out on the course I received my room ready text and was able to go directly there with the App. Room was awesome, super clean and bell services quickly brought us our bags. Day 2 we golfed again, this times at the Magnolia. This round I saw little in the way of trash, course was clean and greener than the Palms. I will mention the wildlife on these courses was awesome. From the Gators to having to wait for a bunch of turkeys to cross your path, to all the birds and other four legged creatures. We were also warned about Raccoons going in the golf carts and stealing stuff like wallets and cell phones. Loved that! Over all people, aka cast members, were awesome. The Poly was great but I missed the Boardwalk. Over these 2 days we did hit Disney Springs and Epcot. Disney Springs was a mob scene and trying to get anything to eat was nearly impossible. We quickly left. Epcot, figuring we had to book tickets in advance, I thought maybe the crowds would be under control. Well, I was wrong! I've been to Disney a lot and never had I seen crowds like this and the cleanliness, what I call the Disney standard, wasn't even close. I'm sure Disney is experiencing lack of help these days as many companies are. But to me the experience has lost it's lustre a little and it appears making as much money as they can is the new standard. We left the Poly on Day 3 and began our work at the Gaylord for a couple days and finished up with a round at the Celebration course. Overall it was a great get away and work was just fine the unfortunate thing is we had to fly back to a snowstorm, from 88 to 15 degrees, now that stunk.
Thanks for the report! I have always wanted to play those courses at Disney. We used to stay at Shades of Green because of my in-laws, but I never played the course. Some day :)

I agree with your thoughts regarding cleanliness. I left a recent trip report in which I believe I mentioned the same thing. I remember that "Disney standard"...everything was immaculate. My daughters used to always notice it too. We also go to Universal and when we would be there they would say how the rides are great, but the cleanliness isn't close to Disney. Now Disney is almost where Universal is from a cleanliness level. It's sad, and I hope it is because of staffing limitations. Because if this is the new normal for Disney then we just may have more Universal trips in our future.

The Poly lobby has been a construction zone for years. You showed up right after it reopened. The Poly landscaping is one of the reasons I bought into DVC. I thought it was looking great in January. And wow, those rooms after the refurb are amazing.

The Poly lobby has been a construction zone for years. You showed up right after it reopened. The Poly landscaping is one of the reasons I bought into DVC. I thought it was looking great in January. And wow, those rooms after the refurb are amazing.
Poly DVC rooms after the refurb are the best!
(we scored 1 night in a standard studio in Dec)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter