Recent UP Show Reviews?

shm_helene

Mouseketeer
When the new UP show replaced Flights of Wonder I didn't feel like the reviews I read on here were glowing. Has it improved? (I wasn't sure if they had to get into a groove.)

I'm also wondering. Went to see it 5/12, but after a few minutes we were told there were "technical difficulties", so no show.

Went yesterday, and must say it was just bad, even my 9 year old was bored. The script is terrible, and the character interaction is the worst part. Really not much of a bird show to be honest, they talk about a few, but more time is spent with the whining characters then they do the birds. Won’t waste my time on this again.

Went yesterday, and must say it was just bad, even my 9 year old was bored.

That's a shame, the original show was pretty cool. This seems like something that should be repairable--Rewrite the script, minimize it, and let the birds do the entertaining.

That's a shame, the original show was pretty cool. This seems like something that should be repairable--Rewrite the script, minimize it, and let the birds do the entertaining.

The SOA show is not so awesome and has gone on that way for years. Look at Stitch. Guessing it's here for a while.

Went yesterday, and must say it was just bad, even my 9 year old was bored. The script is terrible, and the character interaction is the worst part. Really not much of a bird show to be honest, they talk about a few, but more time is spent with the whining characters then they do the birds. Won’t waste my time on this again.

We saw it in mid June. I would definitely agree that I would prefer less of the characters in costume and less scripted dialogue, and more of the actual birds. I really liked the guy who was the actual bird expert who came out and talked about them...IMHO there was just too little of him and too much of the actors. I see why they did it -- to bring in the Up characters -- but it came across to us as pretty corny, and a lot of kids around us did seem bored. It was also difficult to see the birds at several points, even though our seats were pretty good. Unfortunately, I doubt we will take the time to see the show again.

I really wish they would bring back the Pocahontas show they used to have in AK. Due to the seating you got to get very close to the animals, and we thought it incorporated the a little of the story and the character of Pocahontas beautifully while still putting the emphasis on the animals and the theme of conservation. :)

We saw it last week...it was ok, but not enough birds. They could add more to the show and more information about different types of birds.

you can watch videos of it online. Doesn't look like it has gotten any better since it opened. The videos are painful to watch. I think being there in person might be worse.

Saw it last month and it just seemed so dragged out and scripted.

I like the old show which was more bird centered and informative.

Put me in the disappointed category I thought it was rather preachy, not much fun and not as many birds.

It was pretty lame. I was sorry that I'd talked it up to my mom and made it a point for us to take the time to see it. The jokes were super corny but not cute-corny like Flights was. I thought the interactions between the two CMs were inorganic and felt forced. The taped voice-overs for Dug and Russel were bad, as well.

We saw it in May and I was not impressed. We never saw the original Flights of Wonder, which I now wish we had, because this seemed very forced. I was hoping to see a lot of different birds, but there were only a few. I don't think I would do this again unless they change it back so we could see the old version.

We saw it at the end of May, and echoing others, it was not good. The bird parts are cool but they are few and far between, and the character integration is painful and boring, not funny or cute at all. I have no idea why they've incorporated them, it literally brings absolutely nothing to the entertainment quality of the show.

Just adding to the list here of disappointed people. We LOVED Flights of Wonder...but this new show? Not so much. It definitely felt like it was dragging out a bit too long. It wasn't as entertaining. Not enough humor to it. We definitely don't have a need to return.

I know this thread is a year old, but just checking to see if there’s been any improvement since last year.

No need for 'recent' review, its the same.

It does add a 'show' for those that don't enjoy rides. The show is very kids oriented, but birds can thrill all ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter