• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent experiences with Walmart Grocery?

candacemae

Earning My Ears
Hi! We'll be on our first trip to WDW next month (staying at Fort Wilderness cabins) and I'm trying to plan our grocery delivery. I'm tempted to use Walmart because they appear to have the lowest prices as well as a number of items we want that aren't carried by other stores. However, I have seen a few negative reviews on these boards when searching the archives here. Some of what I read was a year old or more, so I'm wondering if they've worked out some of their issues.

I'm wondering if anyone has gone recently and used Walmart? How did it go? Is it true that we have to answer a phone call from them 1-3 hours beforehand or risk our order being canceled? I was hoping to make our delivery time just after our plane arrives, so I'm worried that will be an issue.

Am I better off using Instacart and paying a higher price?

Thanks!

We just stayed at AKV Kidani and used Wal-mart 2 times for delivery. My husband met them out front and took the groceries from them in a cart that we had brought with us. We received emails and texts alerting us that they were on their way and to their arrival.

We tried to use it this week. My daughter was with cheer team at Hilton bonnet creek and it never arrived. I had the email saying they were en route and never arrived. I literally called six times and customer care couldn’t ever get the store to answer phone. The following morning I called again and they promised it was en route. I arrived in Orlando five hours later and guess what, no show. I canceled via email and used Publix / Instacart, there in an hour. I never got an explanation of what happened so needless to say I wouldn’t recommend.

My understanding is that Walmart grocery is not allowed to leave their delivery with Bell Services due to the type of bags they use. Instead, you have to meet the driver to receive your order. The only exception might be if the order only contained something like a case of bottled water that doesn't have bags anyway.

SW

My biggest issue is walmart uses doordash as there delivery partner. So i have no way to track the delivery. Our food was missing for over two hours. Walmart would not help me track it. The food finally showed up. The driver did not speak any english and was not helpfull.
On instacart i can talk to the shopper, make changes, add items and follow my delivery. You get sale prices from the stores you shop from.
We use Aldi and Costco

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter