Reason fantasy doesn't have dinner shows?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
From what I understand the fantasy doesn't have the dinner shows like Tiana or Snuggly Duckling.

Am misunderstanding something? Or does the fantasy have something else that replaces that?

Tiana’s and Rapunzel’s are late additions to DCL, going back only a few years. Before that, they only did more involved entertainment during dinner in Animator’s, the other two dining rooms being quieter. They had to replace Parrot Cay/Carioca’s to theme those dining rooms.

On the Dream class ships, they haven’t rethemed one of the original dining rooms for now, so the only shows will be in Animator’s. On both ships, there will be interaction with Crush. On Fantasy, there will also be the ‘bring your drawing to life’ show.

From what I understand the fantasy doesn't have the dinner shows like Tiana or Snuggly Duckling.

Am misunderstanding something? Or does the fantasy have something else that replaces that?

I'm going to guess it is because the Fantasy has a much higher capacity so the dining room is too big to do a show in that everyone could watch.

BUT the Fantasy does (or at least very soon will) have both Frozen and Aladdin shows, so it does have an additional "upgraded" entertaining offering in that sense.

I just assumed it was because the other ships with the live dinner shows were older, and the dinner show/retheming was a part of the dry dock overhauls. Curious to see when dream/Fantasy get up there in age, if anything will be reimagined to bring in a dinner show.

I just assumed it was because the other ships with the live dinner shows were older, and the dinner show/retheming was a part of the dry dock overhauls. Curious to see when dream/Fantasy get up there in age, if anything will be reimagined to bring in a dinner show.
We had a show on the Magic in 2010 (before the major drydock) in Lumiere's and in Parrot Cay during our TransAtlantic cruise.

I don't think the idea of shows in the dining rooms is new.

Personally, I don't mind a little, short (5-10 minutes) show while dining, but one that basically takes up the whole dining time (with attendant noise, making it difficult to carry on a normal conversation) is not something I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter