Really long shot but there maybe someone who can help?

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
I don't normally do things like this but would really like to be able to help a friend.....................

There's a girl I've known from another forum for around 3-4 years, she got married around the same time as I did and I'm posting this in the hope that someone can offer her some help knowing how many travel experts there are here.

To cut a long story very short, her husband has been fighting cancer for a while now, they knew that the treatment would destroy any chance of him fathering any more children, so they had some sperm frozen. He's now terminal and has been given around a year, the hospital wrote to them as they had lost his sperm (you may have seen this on the news recently).

Anyway, due to the short amount of time they had left as a family and to secure their son's future, they decided to sell their story to the press and one of the things he wants to do before he dies is go back to Tobago where they got married.

I'll post the message she's posted on the other forum so that she can speak for herself, please let me know if anyone has any suggestions / is in a position to help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

"We've found our holiday!

It's with Virgin Holidays, at the Coco Reef Resort in Tobago - all inclusive for two weeks in April next year. It has to be AI because if A isn't too well some of the days, I can still at least eat Last time we went to Tobago (for our wedding ) we organised the whole shebang ourselves and it was about half the price.

It's about £4,000 in all.

Now, of course we'd love to upgrade, to an ocean view room and first class on the flight (we don't ask for much!). It doubles the price basically and we can only afford to spend the amount that we have raised from selling our story/donations. Every other spare penny will be spent on J.

Do you think it's worth writing to Virgin? Richard B himself? Does anyone know anybody who works for Virgin? Anybody know Rich personally?

OK, so it's a long shot, but worth a try?

Thanks!

Rachel x"

I think it's very much worth her while writing to Richard Branson and copying Customer Services - or a good friend or relative writing on her behalf, whether they know him or not.
The other suggestion would be to write to the newspaper editor of the paper they spoke to before.

It's definitely worth a try!

I hope they get their dream holiday and wish them luck with this.

I agree, after all if you don't ask you dont get!!

I hope she is successful and is able to make many wonderful memories with her husband.

Galaxy

Thank you for your replies both of you, I was a bit worried that it may not be an appropriate post for on here.

I'll certainly pass on your suggestions to her, she's a very popular forumite so there are lots of people trying to help, hopefully they'll get their dream holiday.

Tragic - puts it all into perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter