Reading, seeing and hearing Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND ANOTHER THING!!!!!!

TINK!!!!!

FRICK!!!!

You are frickin' (sorry frick)

FLAGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I have a question that has been nagging at me.

I was in the spice shop the other night with Sleepydog and Sher and Jami and Sleepydog said he used to be a jock in school.

Something doesn't fit. Can you be a jock and a wine snob?

Hmm...I just always pictured you as a Niles Crane. :teeth:

LY/MI

jamal said:
LaLa and Frick, Let's meet for coffee and a cry Monday. You Mamas are wonderful. :grouphug:
Can I come, too? My baby starts (AAACK!) Middle School Monday. :sad1:

At least it is you today tink and not me. I feel like a thread killer all the time.

Okay, I'm about to go into a full-on rage.

About my fabric store. Which shall remain nameless at this time, since they have about 2 more hours to do what I want them to do before I start telling EVERYONE I KNOW how unreasonable and such that they are.

Because, you see, I went to buy some extra supplies for Audrey's dress yesterday. After ringing my items up, and after I had already zipped my card through the terminal, I noticed that the clerk didn't give me the proper discount. I pointed this out. But, since it was only about $.25 I just wasn't going to worry about it. Then she said that the transaction didn't go through and she went back to change it. (She misapplied the discount and ended up giving me too much, which I also pointed out, but then SHE didn't want to bother.) Anywho, after the 2nd go 'round, the customer terminal wouldn't work, so she ran my card through the zip machine on the register. This morning, of course, BOTH charges were deducted from my card. So I called the store, explained everything to the manager. She looks up the register receipts and kindly tells me that there was no transaction for the 1st amount yesterday AT ALL for the entire day. It never happened.

Ummmmmmm, NO!

I'm looking at my account. It was deducted.

Maybe it is just a hold? says she.

NO again, it is a DEDUCTION.

Well, nothing she can do. Try the bank.

So I go to the bank, they agree that it looks fishy and say, yes, indeed, it is a deduction. I write a letter to protest the first charge. Go in person to the fabric store to SHOW them that it was a charge, and despite what their system shows, they DID charge me. Manager responds with, our system doesn't show it, but we'll get it straightened out. Should she call me if they decide they need to give me a credit?

WTH? IF they decide they need to give me a credit?

They have until 4:00. Then my head will explode. And when that happens, I am not responsible for whatever I might say. To everyone. About them.

(Hey, I once boycotted a W-M in a town that had nothing but a W-M. They made me so mad, that I spent the gift certificate they gave me for the great injustice done to me at another W-M 30 minutes away, which is where I went to get anything I needed after that. I'm a teensy bit stubborn about some things.)

Jami and Frickles, thanks for your concern and sympathies. I am busy, and my commute isn't the best. But I've always been busy, and I'm getting used to the commute. It was nice to sleep in a little this morning, though! (and then spend 3 hours in the car!!) You are right, Jami, WDW is NEEDED and soon! (Good thing it's coming soon!)

Sher! Love the shoes. Very sexy and sparkly. (even though the 3 inch heels won't help much...shorty!) Gee, you really are going all out for CG, aren't you? I know I've sad it a brazillion times, but I gotta go shopping.

Tink, Richard's just now starting Middle School? What grade do your Middle Schools start? My sons were 11/12 when they started. But we do Middle School at 6th grade (which I think is too young...)

Oh, and Frick (again), you have got to be kidding me. A VAT of peanut butter? Peanut Butter is like an illegal substance up this way. Especially in Elementary schools. As one of those mothers whose kids would eat only that for a while, it was a pain, but I also understood. Actually, they just couldn't have it in the classroom, so no pnt btr snacks. But they could have it in the Caf. HOWEVER, they had to sit far away from the "NUT-FREE" table(s), and were required to wash their hands & faces thoroughly before returning to class. My youngest decided it wasn't worth the trouble, and boycotted PB from that point forward. It is such a common thing these days, I'm sure a chat with his teacher will do the trick. I'm certain it won't be the first time she's heard it.

Amy, sorry for your fabric store troubles. If they don't make you whole, let me know and I'll boycott. Of course, since I NEVER go to fabric stores, I don't know that they'll notice :teeth:

I now have to go to work. But I'm off tomorrow (and meeting with Kimmie!!!), so it's like a Friday. Which I love. Unlike Chris. For some strange reason. Still don't get it.

tink38 said:
Can I come, too? My baby starts (AAACK!) Middle School Monday. :sad1:

Of course TinkinaDrink.

All said Mommy potatoes are welcome.

Ash!!!

I am not going all out. I don't think. No. I know. This is not all out. For me. :teeth:

And.

You know I think Fridays are the spawn of Satan. They are such a tease!!!! The start of the weekend but the end of the work week too??? ***??? (sorry frick)

Amy... do I happen to know anyone who works at the store in question?? See, I TOLD you not to go there anymore! Drive to Macon. Always. At least, until I give you the "all-clear" to go back there. I hope they get it straightened out, what a mess!

We're about to clean the bathrooms, then have a little tea party. Sounds like fun, huh??

yetanotherjen said:
Ok I have a question that has been nagging at me.

I was in the spice shop the other night with Sleepydog and Sher and Jami and Sleepydog said he used to be a jock in school.

Something doesn't fit. Can you be a jock and a wine snob?

Hmm...I just always pictured you as a Niles Crane. :teeth:

LY/MI
More like Frasier. . .

Now, this will really mess with your mind, YAJ. I not only was I a jock but loved. . .wait for it. . .theatre! SUPERSTAR!:cool2:

Jami - having people's backs comes naturally. . .I made a career of it, in fact

R - believe me, I thought of you, and what you said, and thought about asking you the person's name, to see if that was the particular person being unsatisfactory. If I don't get satisfaction, I WILL call corporate. They don't know who they are dealing with, obviously.

Sher - they change of plans is for M&Rs FIRST september trip, not the second one, where I will be missing the nightly pool party as I suffer in my 1 BR villa at OKW, with my mom! :love:

AshClan said:
Tink, Richard's just now starting Middle School? What grade do your Middle Schools start? My sons were 11/12 when they started. But we do Middle School at 6th grade (which I think is too young...)
Ash, he is 11. I think it's too young, too. :confused3

GeorgiaAristocat said:
Sher - they change of plans is for M&Rs FIRST september trip, not the second one, where I will be missing the nightly pool party as I suffer in my 1 BR villa at OKW, with my mom! :love:

Amy!!!!

Pool party with me any time bay-bee!!!! :teeth:

I won't bicker if you want to pool hop!!!!

tink38 said:
Ash, he is 11. I think it's too young, too. :confused3

Our middle school recently changed from a Junior High to the middle school to add the 6th graders to the building. I had a big ole pitty party on the way to work that morning :rolleyes1

Get the hankies ready next week ladies.... My DS will be turning 13 next Wednesday the 16th - I'm going to be the parent of a teenager :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter